Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(30-Jun-2005 at 16:28)

Returning

Hi everyone...I've played Utopia for a few years but recently took a break from it (I quit right when happiness was removed) and was thinking about starting up again. Could anyone fill me in on what I've missed? Thanks

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
View Public Profile Find more posts by rcpsoccer Add rcpsoccer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jun-2005 at 17:37)

i took a break this age too, but this big new scene is nw-based gains.

Have a HooT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lucan Add Lucan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Jun-2005 at 22:11)
after happiness was removed:

Military Efficiency came into play, and Building Efficiency are manually adjustable (BE through sciences, ME through pay) and are affected directly by different factors (no more seperate bonuses- sci, barracks, etc) so modifiers are calculated directly into the ME %.

Simplified the race/personality- e.g. bonuses were weakened, less bonuses.

Added special bonuses for the elite units of each personality.

Buildings have changed around, diminishing BE for each building as well (every next % of a building is weaker then the last)

Adjusted Networth values for every seperate unit.

Adjusted Military Upkeep costs(and you can change pay to adjust to ME)

Functions of the sciences have changed.

Multiple-Hit Protection has been severely increased.

Bottomfeeding and Topfeeding are at a curve right now, so it's useless to hit someone over or under 30% of your NW, for example (still worthwhile in war though).

Adjusted Relations- but next age they'll be changed again anyway so i won't say anything about that.

Elite numbers and costs have been drastically reduced.

Wow that was completely random.
Posted for strict buisness purposes ONLY.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MeeniMyniMo Add MeeniMyniMo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(30-Jun-2005 at 23:29)

Welcome back

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Jul-2005 at 00:00)

Thanks for the info

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
View Public Profile Find more posts by rcpsoccer Add rcpsoccer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote