Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(26-Apr-2010 at 02:08)
Old Forumla

Utopia used to be a very popular game but now days almost all of those numbers are gone.

Any way, I have a suggestion to potentially get more players exited about utopia again.

My suggestion is to change the layout to the same layout that had the largest amount of players on it.

Keep some of the newer ideas that work but ditch some of the ideas that made players leave.

I don't know how others feel but I quit because the drastic changes that went down.

I went from checking my account a zillion times a day to not playing at all for those reasons

Well, theres my two cents.
View Public Profile Find more posts by radthemagichat Add radthemagichat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jun-2010 at 09:36)
Hi,

If you loved mehuls utopia you really need to look at http://www.thebattlefields.info

I intend to create a renaissance for utopia and revive the good old times, any suggestions and ideas are welcome, I am a full time developer and this is a serious project.

utonet channel is #battlefields.

The beta age starts next week - currently the server is running through alpha but everyone is welcome to join and help test.

I'll post more details later, but I am on a crusade to make sure utopia doesnt die with omac
View Public Profile Find more posts by BF Developer Add BF Developer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jun-2010 at 00:23)

Most of the reason people left Mehuls was WOW came out and people went to a more graphic game.Doesnt mean it was changes made in the game because most bad changes did last long and were removed ( happiness) for one.

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jun-2010 at 03:32)
Re: Old Forumla

Well it can easily be more graphical, I think some people left for wow, but also the game got less and less friendly for new players.

I am building in some third party functionality to make it immediately accessible to new players.

This is a new era of social gaming, Its a great time to revive our game.
View Public Profile Find more posts by BF Developer Add BF Developer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(21-Jun-2010 at 01:43)

Originally Posted by BF Developer: View Post
Well it can easily be more graphical, I think some people left for wow, but also the game got less and less friendly for new players.

I am building in some third party functionality to make it immediately accessible to new players.

This is a new era of social gaming, Its a great time to revive our game.
good luck with that

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jun-2010 at 08:11)
Currently built in we have building calculator, spell/thief success/honour calculator, attack/ambush calc.
(User is Banned)
(03-Sep-2010 at 08:17)

Originally Posted by BF Developer: View Post
Currently built in we have building calculator, spell/thief success/honour calculator, attack/ambush calc.
the game got less and less friendly for new players,so I just give up
View Public Profile Find more posts by hammery Add hammery to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Sep-2010 at 14:23)

the game has now more how to and help programs for newer players than ever before. how is it not friendly for newer players ? maybe the newer players are not putting the time in to learn as we once did before all these programs including angel were created.we attacked with pencil and paper,ingame forums were used for most unless you used icq most people didnt talk outside the kds .now we have angel,pimp,irc,utools,wikis ,many other forums of help and how to guides that never existed in the early days.saying utopia isnt friendly to new players doesnt make alot of sense.you can only dumb down a game so much until the players grow bored with it.

x-NI Senator
x-SOV. NH
Heru en'Arvandor (Lord of Heaven)
Taure en'Arvandor [TA]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Thunder TA Add Thunder TA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Sep-2010 at 01:53)

I'm not real sure either statement is true.

Utopia is alot more "newb" friendly then it was when I started. Hell I remember having to sit there for hours upon hours figuring out attack calculations for my KD mates and alliance mates on ICQ.

Now there is IRC, Angel and Pimp jsut to name a few... not to mention a whole host of formula's avalible for anyone that wants to make tools for the game.

However:

I noticed as the game has dwindled, less and less "veterans" want to take the time to teach the newer players how to play. Those wonderful supposedly "3L33T" players tend to rather kill off newbs then bother to teach them anything at all. So in that regard Utopia is less "Newb" freindly... but that may have something to do with the lack of veterans, the high turn over in the game, all of which can easily be atributted to the glitches that utopia has experianced over the last several ages, and the random seemingly endless nonsensical changes that made people leave.

We must face facts some of the changes, just do not work. Gangbang protection is a joke, you only have to work a bit harder to do it right. The lack of multiple war declarations, means that smaller Kingdoms have to fend for themselves instead of work together to stop a larger aggressor, the after war timer, just slows down the game. The mear fact that war wins are seeimgly only calculated by land taken in combat, not that which is lost overall and seemingly does not take into account any Thief or mage ops. which we all know a good thief or mage wave can easily cripple a single provence for days on end, makes the war system a total joke.

I could go on, but in short radthemagichat has a valid point, many of these changes simply made people bored with the game, and dumbed it down. So interest is lacking.

S3

In his left hand I beheld a Sword, which gleamed with light as if on fire.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Admiral S3 AA Add Admiral S3 AA to your Buddy List Reply with Quote