Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Round 22 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $2.64
(10-Sep-2003 at 09:59)

Research on the happiness Indicators and Formulae of Age of Conquerers (age 22)

I do not expect many changes in happiness this round, but nonetheless there still are several things which need to be investigated further to be known in full.

You can take a look at the Leading Happiness Research Site for information about what is already known.

If you found any problems, errors or want to give me proof of one message which is not correct, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank you for your time, and please use this thread to ask any questions you may have...

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
Creator of the (now outdated) TipsandTricksGuidetoUtopia!
Haven't played Utopia in several years now. But i have returned

Last edited by Blood Raven, 13-Sep-2003 at 13:45.
Edit reason: E-mail adress changed
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Sep-2003 at 09:18)

crave war

ok i get this msg in the 26th hour after protection

The Province of Taste My Blade (##:##)
[http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.49 Alpha 1]

Utopian Date: May 4th, YR0
RL Date: September 13th, 2003 (9:00 GMT)

Ruler Name: The Wise Mr. Peon
Personality & Race: The Sage, Dwarf
Land: 660 Acres
Money: 133gc (26,080gc raw daily income)
Food: 18,860 bushels
Runes: 3,023 runes
Population: 16,512 citizens (25.02 per Acre)
Peasants: 9,561 (88% Employed)
Excited: b:100%, t:3.1gc, p:103%, m:103%
Trade Balance: 1,895gc (0% tax rate)
Networth: 69,359 (105.09 per Acre)
Thieves+Wizards+Science Networth: 3,590gc

Soldiers: 771 (41.6% estimated draft rate)
Axemen: 2,123 (8,492 offense points)
Archers: 3,389 (13,556 defense points)
Berserkers: 124 (744 offense and defense)
War-Horses: 1,676 (up to 1,676 additional offense)
Prisoners: 100 (150 offense)

Total Modified Offense: 12,188 (18.47 per Acre)
Practical (25% elites): 11,613 (17.60 per Acre)
Total Modified Defense: 15,523 (23.52 per Acre)
Practical (75% elites): 15,332 (23.23 per Acre)

Thieves: 456 (0.69 per Acre / 26% Stealth)
Wizards: 88 (0.13 per Acre / 56% Mana)

Crystal-Ball on your province will show:
Max. Possible Thieves/Wizards: 544 (0.82 / Acre)
Estimated Thieves Number: 408 (0.62 per Acre)
Estimated Wizards Number: 129 (0.20 per Acre)

Buildings: 1,030gc to build, 515gc to raze
Away bonus: 47,805gc (12h) / 143,415gc (20h)

Buildings Report of Taste My Blade (##:##)

Ruler Name: Mr. Peon
Race: Dwarf
Happiness: Excited (100% effectiveness)

1. Farms: 86 (13%)
2. Armouries: 105 (15.9%)
3. Barracks: 104 (15.8%) + 28 in progress (+4.2%)
4. Banks: 108 (16.4%) + 39 in progress (+5.9%)
5. Hospitals: 18 (2.7%)
6. Guilds: 66 (10%)
7. Towers: 38 (5.8%) + 23 in progress (+3.5%)
8. Stables: 33 (5%) + 10 in progress (+1.5%)
9. Dungeons: 2 (0.3%)

Total Land: 660 Acres (84.8% built)
In Progress: 100 Acres (15.2%)

Military Intelligence on Taste My Blade (##:##)

Ruler & Race: Mr. Peon, Dwarf.
Total Attack points: 11,683
Total Defense points: 15,071

** Standing Army (At Home) **
Soldiers: 771 (771 offense and defense)
Axemen: 449 (1,796 offense points)
Archers: 3,389 (13,556 defense points)
Berserkers: 105 (630 offense and defense)
War Horses: 99 (up to 99 additional offense)
Total Attack points: 3,296
Total Defense points: 14,957

** Armies #2/#3/#4/#5 (Back in ##:## hours) **
Axemen: 1,674 (6,696 offense points)
Berserkers: 19 (114 offense and defense)
War Horses: 1,577
Total Attack points: 8,387
Captured Land: 73 Acres

** Troops in Training **
Axemen: 158 (632 offense points)
Next 16 hours: 19 12 14 10 7 11 15 7 6 17 15 6 10 7 2 0
Archers: 239 (956 defense points)
Next 13 hours: 27 26 24 16 13 13 15 17 13 12 14 20 12
Thieves: 86
Next 20 hours: 10 9 9 7 6 6 10 13 4 4 5 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
View Public Profile Find more posts by l5399 Add l5399 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(13-Sep-2003 at 13:47)

Re: crave war

Quote:
(Originally posted by l5399)

ok i get this msg in the 26th hour after protection
(about the crave war message; BR)
Funny...our kingdom has not commited one single attack, only send some aid to eachother, nobody has been getting that message yet...

Blood Raven
Former Head investigator of the HappinessFormulaeandIndicators of age 17 through 25.
View Public Profile Visit Blood Raven's homepage Find more posts by Blood Raven Add Blood Raven to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Black Fighter)
(14-Sep-2003 at 11:41)

King Ki Intensity, as you know, the people under your rule are the key to success. No society can truly become great without the support of its people. It is my job to watch our peasants and keep you informed of their mood.

Our peasants currently appear to be Happy. It appears that our peasants' attitudes are trending downwards. The peasantry is happy with your leadership. They are more focused on their own lives than anything else right now.

We estimate the effects of our peasant attitudes to be:

Buildings are running at 100.0% Efficiency
Peasants are generating about 3.0gc in Daily Tax Revenues
Our Maximum Population is 101.5% of Normal
Our Military is functioning at 100.0% of Normal Strength
(These do not account for various bonuses depending on your race or sciences)

My surveys throughout the province show these to be major areas of approval or disapproval:

Our people are worried about the lack of a vibrant economy in our society. They feel that there are not enough jobs for a province our size.

The people are happy with your general economic policies.

Our people appreciate your willingness to maintain a strong, yet reasonable military.

Our people dream of armies that can conquer great opponents! They feel we are too defensive right now.

Our people seem bored and crave war.

Not enough jobs :
Peasants 12,023
Jobs 11,280
Unemployed Peasants 743
Unfilled Jobs 0
Employment 94%
Daily Income 65,360gc
Daily Expenses 3084gc

I only have 30 homes...just growing to fast I assume? Not all my buildings are ready yet - by far.
I had the fast growing message yesterday.

Strong yet reasonable army :
My draft is around 40% right now...

Both these messages are insane, the only way to get them happy with my military is through having a draft rate so low that everyone can attack me. The only way to have enough jobs is not growing fast (I only have those 30 homes left!).

*kicks happiness once again*

I hope my info is in someway usefull, I don't think anything has changed.
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as ToChicken)
(15-Sep-2003 at 09:44)
That happines about jobs has a delay of about 24 hours ore longer. You actully don't have it any more. I ussume a large portion of buildings just completed.

As for the happy milletary you can draft till 48% i lost it at 49%.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Michelin Add Michelin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Sep-2003 at 13:04)
Has anyone seen the thievery and magic happiness this age?
I got to over 30 points in both, but no message apeared...

Could be that it's just hostile and not war, or you need 40 points this age...

Hard work may pay off in the long run,
but lazyness always pays off right now.
View Public Profile Visit DTemplar's homepage Find more posts by DTemplar Add DTemplar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Sep-2003 at 19:02)

Blood raven i told you is about nw. BTW I made 2 attacks only. Everytime the big guy in the kingdom get this msg first before the other.I know they might be other factor but this seems to be kind of obvious to me.

It might be based on:
1)How much you grow or how much nw increase calculated from oop onwards
2)When your province exceed some kind of nw value
3)The total kingdom nw exceed certain nw and if a province in that kingdom is kind of bigger than the other will get that msg.

Mehul make this happiness lvl to limit the power of explorer so they cannot explore all the way till the end. So every kingdom need to war at first.

And this happiness lvl drop with respect to time i dun think got limit . it can drop someone from joyous to content
View Public Profile Find more posts by l5399 Add l5399 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2003 at 14:59)
Well, why not ask mehul to put the formulas in the guide? Wouldn't that be a lot easier?
View Public Profile Find more posts by TotalDesolation Add TotalDesolation to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Sep-2003 at 03:10)
That would make too much sense.
View Public Profile Find more posts by AbboTT Add AbboTT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(20-Sep-2003 at 09:10)

question

I'm having doubts about the exact nature of the 'annoyed with size of military' message.

I have reason to believe that although it only triggers at 65% draft [including wizzies], it doesn't go away again until total draft drops below another, lower threshold. This is probably about 60%, IMO.

On my genesis account, I have had a combined draft of 60%<draft<65% for at least a week now and the message persists. This factor ought to be easy to research, if anyone else is willing to help...

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Sep-2003 at 10:39)

Our peasants currently appear to be Disgruntled. It appears that our peasants' attitudes are trending downwards. The people have some concerns they hope you will address. The rumblings are only scattered, but there are clearly some negative feelings. The people still have faith in you and believe you will ultimately take care of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buildings are running at 80.0% Efficiency
Peasants are generating about 2.8gc in Daily Tax Revenues
Our Maximum Population is 98.5% of Normal
Our Military is functioning at 94.0% of Normal Strength

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My surveys throughout the province show these to be major areas of approval or disapproval:

Our people are annoyed with the apparent failures of our thieves.

I have 3k unfilled jobs...I got one negative msg but my happiness down to Disgruntled

ineser the Imperial
Cyber/Furious Angel[Part of Raging Angels IV-VII]
View Public Profile Find more posts by ineser Add ineser to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Gavmaster G)
Donated $1.44
(01-Oct-2003 at 23:16)

Quote:
(Originally posted by rexregum)

I'm having doubts about the exact nature of the 'annoyed with size of military' message.

I have reason to believe that although it only triggers at 65% draft [including wizzies], it doesn't go away again until total draft drops below another, lower threshold. This is probably about 60%, IMO.

On my genesis account, I have had a combined draft of 60%<draft<65% for at least a week now and the message persists. This factor ought to be easy to research, if anyone else is willing to help...
How many theives and wizards do you have? I actually believe that it's triggered at 35% peasents or something like that.

Sig currently under construction
AAHGH! Where's my original avatar???
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gavmaster Add Gavmaster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Oct-2003 at 23:22)
I've had disgruntled peasants with no messages before. It was quite annoying. I think it was because everything was bad but not quite bad enough to show up because everything showed up the next time I was on.
View Public Profile Find more posts by mjm11 Add mjm11 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2003 at 06:16)
Then what did you do with that problem that you encountered.
Can you give me your building percentage just give only the percentage.
View Public Profile Find more posts by faithedknight Add faithedknight to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Oct-2003 at 20:38)
After my last war (Got hammered) my hapiness went from Unhappy to content and stable with a message of "Our people have no noteworthy concerns" Suddenly today, I'm content and trending downward, still with no noteworthy concerns. I am an undead attacker. Any clue as to A) why it's going down; B) how to stop it; or even C) how to increase it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MrKeith Add MrKeith to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Oct-2003 at 13:48)

question

Ok... I just got hammered (gangbanged) in a recent war...

Our people are worried about the lack of a vibrant economy in our society. They feel that there are not enough jobs for a province our size.

83% employed - 1044 unemployed.

How did I get both at the same time?? If you want CB or Buildings report, let me know..

Kerry's Sexy Spunky Monkey

Lo! Who is that, sprinting amidst the desert! It is Jester, hands clutching a mighty sword! He screams ominously:
"I'm going to use you like a hand puppet!!!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aussie Jester Add Aussie Jester to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.64
(06-Oct-2003 at 10:01)

Quote:
(Originally posted by MrKeith)

After my last war (Got hammered) my hapiness went from Unhappy to content and stable with a message of "Our people have no noteworthy concerns" Suddenly today, I'm content and trending downward, still with no noteworthy concerns. I am an undead attacker. Any clue as to A) why it's going down; B) how to stop it; or even C) how to increase it.
maybe you had quite some barren land/ homes/ land in building again - > perhaps yust not enough for the lack of a vibrant economy

also you could have gotten the bad thievery message, but sometimes it does not show up while in effect, or does show up without an effect (yust edging on the balance i guess)

the same thing with bad wizards message

and offcourse you can have the proud of your armies but it did not display...also happens on occassion.

Quote:
(Originally posted by Aussie Jester)

How did I get both at the same time?? If you want CB or Buildings report, let me know..
happy with general economies is when you have a fairly good draft rate (you didn't get all your peasants fried, and managed to get in about as much land as you lost)

vibrant economy is because you had quite some barren land or quite some homes combined with barren lands.

They make your employed peasants per acre be at a too low amount for the amounts of acres you have. Buildings in progress btw also count as barren untill they are build (because buildings in progress don't employ peasants)

Blood Raven
(06-Oct-2003 at 11:53)
No, since then my pesants went back to content and stable. I picked up 20 acres yesterday, and this morning, I wake up, my acres are in (had been for less than an hour) and my pesants are now disgruntled. Still with no concerns. I've decided they are Bengals fans.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MrKeith Add MrKeith to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Oct-2003 at 17:18)
Who needs offence????

Our peasants currently appear to be Euphoric. Our peasants' attitudes appear fairly stable. People have never been prouder of their leadership than our peasants are of you. They would not trade your leadership for any other in the world. The doors have been opened for great things with the support of your people.

Buildings are running at 110.0% Efficiency
Peasants are generating about 3.4gc in Daily Tax Revenues
Our Maximum Population is 107.5% of Normal
Our Military is functioning at 112.0% of Normal Strength

Our people are proud of your generosity and willingness to help friends in need!

Our people dream of armies that can conquer great opponents! They feel we are too defensive right now.

Our people are proud of the reputation of our thieves' guilds.

Our people talk highly of our wizards and their abilities.

Faery/Rogue Monarch

Teenager addicted to Anime
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chiaki Add Chiaki to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Oct-2003 at 22:10)
Does anyone have the feeling that I have : the happiness is calculated at the moment you log on?

I see my happiness changes at exactly the time I log on - so if your happiness goes down, you pop goes down, but it hasnt yet taken effect. So the pop will be lost at the next hour change.
View Public Profile Find more posts by greatarn Add greatarn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote