Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: President
George Bush 43 29.05%
John Kerry 68 45.95%
Ralph Nader 18 12.16%
Michael Badnarik 1 0.68%
Diane Templin 0 0%
John Buchanan 0 0%
Gene Amondson 0 0%
Walt Brown 1 0.68%
Dennis Kucinich 4 2.70%
Other (specify) 13 8.78%
Who voted? Voters: 148
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(07-May-2004 at 04:58)

Who do you support for USA President?

I mean actual candidate. Not which party did your parents/other important figure in early childhood vote for and so you do too.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Hurley 121)
Donated $6.72
(07-May-2004 at 06:16)

Meh if only I turned 18 2 months earlier I could vote But Im for John Kerry and so is most of my family Im pretty sure. He wouldnt exactly be my prime choice but given the other candidates I think hes the best option. I like Wesley Clark though even if he didnt get through

Life is a test and I get bad marks.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hurleyy Add Hurleyy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $32.64
(07-May-2004 at 06:29)

Re: Who do you support for USA President?

Quote:
(Originally posted by Obi2Kenobi)

I mean actual candidate. Not which party did your parents/other important figure in early childhood vote for and so you do too.
Unfortunetly, it is usually one and the same person. Look at religion. Not too many go to religion from having parents that are athiest (suprisingly, more run from it though....)

Im still going for the 'anyone but Bush' platform....
pfft.. I don't have to vote in that one, I got my own to worry about.

After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

The only reason we die, is because we accept it as an inevitability
View Public Profile Find more posts by Phased Add Phased to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as RW Hippie)
(07-May-2004 at 07:12)

I'm not particulary impressed by John Kerry but I think he could do a better job than Bush. He is the lesser of 2 evils, IMO, as sad at it seems.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - American Declaration of Independance, July 4th, 1776
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jean831112 Add Jean831112 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 07:20)

My vote would go for a pack of tic tacs, or a ficus... any of thoose would do a good job...

Backa backa mother.....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Largoi Add Largoi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Former Global Moderator)
Research Group
(07-May-2004 at 07:23)

Bush. Not the best candidate ever, but it's better than voting for Kerry.

Actually, they're both really bad candidates, and I'd prefer it if neither one was running, but oh well. I'd kill for a real candidate who actually cared about the documents that supposedly limit the powers of the gov't...

The Kiowa swooped and banked hard in front of the car, firing three more shots through the front hood, the universal sign for “stop.”
There are two important rules for sucess in life.
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.
View Public Profile Visit Hawkeyekid's homepage Find more posts by Hawkeyekid Add Hawkeyekid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(07-May-2004 at 09:23)

saddam

RomanianUndergroundMovement
View Public Profile Find more posts by viceroy Add viceroy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 13:11)

if i were american, i would vote kerry, just to stop bush of getting another presidency

1000 rep points...eeh I mean 296
Mods will never find me ^^ That's what you think *gasp* they're everywhere I wonder which one of the new mods will come here first...
View Public Profile Find more posts by demi Add demi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 13:51)
Quote:
(Originally posted by viceroy)

saddam
Lol...yeah, he'd be a great write-in candidate.

Mr. Bush.
View Public Profile Find more posts by unknownhombre Add unknownhombre to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Belnick HaJ)
(07-May-2004 at 15:11)

weeell saddam the fool was not born in the US

I want bush to be re elected of course, other candidates are pansies that will let bin laden hurt america and the rest of the world even worse

Within darkness comes enlightenment.
There is no god, there is no Devil, there is no heaven or Hell
STYX HaJ challenged Lord Hawk - He ran off
View Public Profile Visit Belnick the God's homepage Find more posts by Belnick the God Add Belnick the God to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Bucky Badger)
(07-May-2004 at 15:16)

Kerry or Nader

More than likely i'll vote for kerry. I haven't heard of half of the lesser candidates
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rixx8925 Add Rixx8925 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 16:30)

Bush, His views fit perfectly with mine, and he has demonstrated he is an excellent leader.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 16:32)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Hawkeyekid)

Actually, they're both really bad candidates, and I'd prefer it if neither one was running, but oh well.
.....so who stole Hawkeye's account? Or did he actually say something I agree with?

*Watches as the universe folds in on itself*
View Public Profile Find more posts by Raghnall Add Raghnall to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(07-May-2004 at 17:49)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Royal Assassin3)

Bush, His views fit perfectly with mine, and he has demonstrated he is an excellent leader.
Haha

Anyway, I'd go for "anyone but Bush". Considering that, it means we'll have to vote for Kerry. Too bad I'm not american, because every vote for Kerry is a vote less for Bush. Hope he wins and improves relations with Europe.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 18:49)
John Kerry is a fraud. He is a Roman Catholic that doesn't comply with the catholic view on abortion. He has recieved communion in non-catholic churches, a huge no-no if you are catholic. John Kerry is no working man, he is not a man of the people, he is by no means a middle class politician. His wife has millions upon millions of dollars and you cannot argue that he will look out for the little people. He has the same kind of money that George Bush has. However I can tell you one thing he doesn't have. Any campaign at all... So far he has flip flopped on many major issues saying such classic things as "well I voted for it before I voted against it" and other ridiculous things like that. John Kerry is a weak person and we do not need that type of president. I don't care very much for any democratic candidates or former presidents, but you have to at least admit that Clinton was a commanding character. Kerry is no Clinton and he is no Bush.
View Public Profile Find more posts by bballislife17 Add bballislife17 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 22:11)

Quote:
(Originally posted by bballislife17)

John Kerry is a fraud. He is a Roman Catholic that doesn't comply with the catholic view on abortion. He has recieved communion in non-catholic churches, a huge no-no if you are catholic. John Kerry is no working man, he is not a man of the people, he is by no means a middle class politician. His wife has millions upon millions of dollars and you cannot argue that he will look out for the little people. He has the same kind of money that George Bush has. However I can tell you one thing he doesn't have. Any campaign at all... So far he has flip flopped on many major issues saying such classic things as "well I voted for it before I voted against it" and other ridiculous things like that. John Kerry is a weak person and we do not need that type of president. I don't care very much for any democratic candidates or former presidents, but you have to at least admit that Clinton was a commanding character. Kerry is no Clinton and he is no Bush.
So if you do not agree with every single little thing that a religion says, then you can't be in that religion? Well then, I think the number of people in any religion will go down to 3 each pretty soon, especailly if it's including those obscure ones like "You shall not eat red meat on Fridays" No, soldiers could be religious either, with the "You shall not kill"

And the Bush commercials are misleading, he voted against one bill which included other things, that also included all those things they say he voted against. Hmmm, let's see, with Kerry, B-14 stealth bombers wouldn't be in Iraq, Patriot missles wouldn't be in Iraq, in fact, maybe that soldier at the end of the commercial wouldn't be in Iraq. Wow, if someone else wasn't in power, maybe you wouldn't have invaded at all, and found some other way to remove Saddam.

Won't say Kerry is great, since I don't believe he is, but at this point I'm with the whole "Anyone but Bush" group.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Raghnall Add Raghnall to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as WillowWalker)
Donated $5.00
(07-May-2004 at 22:50)
John Kerry would be the one I would vote for, although I would rather have Ralph Nader win. I'm not old enough to vote, though. My dad is voting for Bush.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stygma Add Stygma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 22:54)

Ralph Nader or Dennis Kucinich, "real" liberals.

However, I won't be able to vote until 2008. So, whatever.

Nader's got an impressive service record and if something he lobbied for had actually been put into place (stronger doors for airplanes), 9-11 wouldn't have happened, at least how it did.

Dennis Kucinich is the only candidate that really supports the legalization of gay marriage (to my knowledge) and is more liberal than the others.

And sadly, for the fourth time in UT, I agree with Hawkeye. (The first one was that a piece of satire was funny, the second was against a frivolous lawsuit against video games, and the third was that not all Muslims are terrorists.) Both Bush and Kerry stink. I hate a vast majority of what Bush has done and Kerry wouldn't really do anything differently unless maybe how to pull out of war. Boo both of them!

Top results for the Economic Literacy pop quiz - take the Economic Literacy Quiz now!
1. Pip Squeek with 10 points!
2. Jasse, Kazac, chessness, Lonely Tylenol (Me) with 8 points
3. alero, Amanema Tsukihi, cdndude83, ebeneezer, Gus Mackay, Iranos, Lodewijk, Michael1, Seint, sparky wizzle, WillowWalker with 7 points
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lonely Tylenol Add Lonely Tylenol to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-May-2004 at 23:06)

How about Walt Disney?

"All I wanted out of life was just a little more than I deserved"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hatter Add Hatter to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(08-May-2004 at 00:13)

Largoi, are you referring to a certain article written by Maddox?

I would also like to lay down a couple rules for this thread.
1) No flaming people for who they chose. Intellectual debates on merit vs. incompetence is perfectly acceptable. Which is how most of this is turning out.

2) Be serious (at least in the actual poll, ocassional jokes [OBL] I don't mind)

Quote:
Unfortunetly, it is usually one and the same person. Look at religion. Not too many go to religion from having parents that are athiest (suprisingly, more run from it though....)
Really too bad, though. I myself prefer to vote for people, not parties. Makes you actually think, and look up who stands where, instead of being lazy. While although I normally am I strong proponent for lazyness, President is a little too important to me for that.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote