Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Elf Rogue or Halfling Mystic
ELf Rogue 38 73.08%
Halfling Mystic 14 26.92%
Who voted? Voters: 52
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(13-Nov-2002 at 13:06)
Elf Rogue or Halfling Mystic?

Elf Rogue or Halfing Mystic make a better thief mage?
View Public Profile Find more posts by neoninja Add neoninja to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Source)
(13-Nov-2002 at 13:13)
Halfling, +50% thievery is better then +40% spells,

you can raise draft more, with +1 happiness.

But I wouldnt even go Halfling Mystiq, but Halfling Rogue.. every T/M should be Rogue.. mystiq is fun, but just war a kingdom, and then propaganda some elf's wizzies, I already gained like 1100 wizzies this age with propaganda.

Even though im Faery, because I still truly believe in Nightmare..

And having BOTH Clear Sight + Reflect Magic is just the best =]
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kuja VAT Add Kuja VAT to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thijmen)
(13-Nov-2002 at 16:02)

I say Elf Rogue: All the ops, a lot of spells including MS and CS.

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself
Signature recreated by Thijmen X to violate the boringness.
Smiter in name of the Ascendents / Psychic member of BB #1,2,3 and 4 and host of BB 5 / Official Trainer, Hero and Owner of EmoKat/Kerri/Beertje
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Binkster Add The Binkster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Nov-2002 at 19:25)
grr..

Lets not forget a Elf has cheaper military, bigger parradising and better elite numbers plus lower losses in combat....
View Public Profile Find more posts by Utilization Add Utilization to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(13-Nov-2002 at 22:31)

sunglasses hmmm

interesting but i would stick with elf mystic and halfler rouge...

but if i was bored elf rouge sounds fun

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Nov-2002 at 22:46)

The best T/M is still Faery/Rogue IMO but out of those 2 i would chose Elf/Rogue ... i like propaganda cause it gives you a lot of honour and MS is a nice ad to your spell book ...

Elf with lots of self spells in Essence of MYTH
Proud to be the Wife of the sweet and lovely Aerath
Proud owner of the very lucky Thijmen X
Plays her 19th age of Utopia
View Public Profile Find more posts by Charlotte Add Charlotte to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(13-Nov-2002 at 22:54)

Halfer Mystic - No decent Thief ops (so wasted Race bonus), no decent Spells (so wasted Personality)

Elf Rogue - Decent spells, good ops.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Nov-2002 at 12:52)
let me state some goods and bads of these combinations:
Elf Rogue:
u hav 40% mage effecttive, so hav no problem casting attackers and rogue personality make u can op ppl. and the-35% mil lost and -30% mil cost are a good addition to saving gcs.

Halfling Mystic:
50% thief effectiveness, and some special ops, u can op ppl. and with the mystic personality u haf enough wizzies to cast others. the -50% construction cost and 300gc thief also save gcs.

only a brief 1. other things go figure it out urself lol. i can't make a choice here cos they r both good.
View Public Profile Find more posts by neoninja Add neoninja to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Nov-2002 at 13:04)

Neoninja, I totally disagree with you, Elf Rogue is way better than Halfling Mystic. Just look at what Aerath said...

The thievery of a halfing mystic would be hilarious.

"Oh my god, that scary halfing mystic killed my recently drafted 150 soldiers." That is REALLY something to worry about...

Elf rogue is way better. Burn your opponent with MS's, then Night Strike all his defences away, drop that good old Animate Dead and Clear Sight. Done!

~~~NOW! Also available in "dressed"!~~~
~~~~~~~Limited time offer only!~~~~~~
#LA forever! | ex-X
Omg so happy ...lurve tia...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chrizz Add Chrizz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as SS Goku)
(15-Nov-2002 at 01:56)

Although i'm playing Halfling Rogue, Elf rogue is way better than halfling mystic. Mystics are just not for halflings. halflings should be rogues, no others. They juz cant work properly. Elves, however, are more flexible between these 2 personalities. Rogues can propaganda and AW. Mystics have faster wizard pump. Therefore i'll go with elf rogue.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Morpheuz Add Morpheuz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Nov-2002 at 06:25)
l
Quote:
"Oh my god, that scary halfing mystic killed my recently drafted 150 soldiers." That is REALLY something to worry about...

look at the top honor list now and my friend hav a long list of proofs. (he faced a real tough halfling mystic...) what u would say when u face is not the quoted. imagine u hav 1 tpa 1 wpa cos u attacker. and halfling mystic hav 4 wpa and 4 tpa. and he can steal runes from ur kdmates. what u will say at last is: damn it he can NS yet he still cast me fireballs and so many spells!!!
(15-Nov-2002 at 06:41)

I agree with aerath ..... you get good spells by being an elf and good thief ops by being a rogue.

Also

Quote:
Lets not forget a Elf has cheaper military, bigger parradising and better elite numbers plus lower losses in combat....
although I don't think this is particularly important because although the military is cheaper, halflings get half price thieves and t/m's don't do much attacking.

Signature suspended by Brother Naz for violating the forum's 60 pixel rule. Brother Naz says "respect ma authoritor"
Actually Brother Naz says "No I didn't [say that] you liar!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sesko Add Sesko to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Nov-2002 at 20:57)
Elf rough the math just adds up better if you ask me. but don't

"Ice, yeah I do that" -Ice Mage
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ice Mage Add Ice Mage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Nov-2002 at 21:43)
playing halfer/mystic can be compared with having a big swimming pool without ladies and water
View Public Profile Find more posts by urbman Add urbman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote