Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Where do your loyalties lie? The EU or your own country?
European all the way! 4 8.33%
My country always comes first 31 64.58%
Both are equally important to me 4 8.33%
I neither know nor care about this poll 5 10.42%
What's the EU? 4 8.33%
Who voted? Voters: 48
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Sheff2k)
Donated $1.20
(13-Nov-2002 at 18:07)

Nationality or EU first?

Obviously not applicable to the US folk. Sorry

With whom do your loyalties lie, your country or the EU?

Just to find out what everyoone thinks about the EU
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sarak Add Sarak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(13-Nov-2002 at 18:23)

I actually would like to see a united europe,
But seeing the problems in my country (germany: super-high taxes, slow economy growth, hi uunemployment rate) I think it comes first for now.

A united world is a great dream, but it will probably always be that: a dream.

Firemage
chief-smiler and leader of the smily-lover alliance ^__^
I once thought "The girl of my dreams is somewhere out there". Now I know where she lives!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Firemage Add Firemage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Nov-2002 at 18:26)

grr.. EU sucks

I would DEFFENTLY say my country first. As a matter of fact, I voted against the European Union, the €, the Armed Forces, Everything.
I don't have a problem about a financiel corporation, but I'm very much against the euro.

Just an oppinion - sent from Denmark

Siggy suspended by Saint Sinner for violating forum rules. 60 pixel limit.
View Public Profile Visit Dalixam's homepage Find more posts by Dalixam Add Dalixam to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Sheff2k)
Donated $1.20
(13-Nov-2002 at 18:29)

Btw post your nationality too, it helps get a good picture of what countries are pro-EU and which are anti.

Noble Lady Sarak ~~ King Was Throne Away
The most extragant idea that a politican can have is to believe that it is enough for a people to march into a foreign country, for that country to adopt its laws and constitution. No-one likes armed missionaries; and nature and prudence both teach us to repel armed missionaries as enemies.
~ Maximilien Robespierre; January 1792
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sarak Add Sarak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jadtnr1)
(13-Nov-2002 at 18:45)
I don't like the EU at all!!
We pay more to it than we get back, and now we will have € too, without letting us vote about it first!!

Look at the master
Follow the master
Walk with the master
See through the master
Become the master
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Nemesis Add Lord Nemesis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Nov-2002 at 19:05)

exclamation mark nonsense

Holland is paying more than receiving, but still eventually we will benefit from it, look at the US, richest land in the world, they have 240 Million citizens 'we' have 360 million, that is an huge potential market for companies in europe, thus eventually we will benefit from it.
View Public Profile Visit Shuruga's homepage Find more posts by Shuruga Add Shuruga to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Thijmen)
(13-Nov-2002 at 21:43)

Holland Rulez!!!

EU sucks, allthough it's probably "good" for the world to have a third power. We don't want another cold-war thingie

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself
Signature recreated by Thijmen X to violate the boringness.
Smiter in name of the Ascendents / Psychic member of BB #1,2,3 and 4 and host of BB 5 / Official Trainer, Hero and Owner of EmoKat/Kerri/Beertje
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Binkster Add The Binkster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Nov-2002 at 23:11)
The EU is a bad idea. Cuz the cultures of each of the EU provices are very different!
View Public Profile Find more posts by azril Add azril to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(14-Nov-2002 at 00:01)

Sod that Euro/EU thingy.

They've gone about it competely wrong, and what they're currently doing isn't making things much better.

I could do perfectly well being Dutch instead of European.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Nov-2002 at 00:01)

EU, what a BS we are paying alot and gaining little ... I don't want europe to be a new USA ...

Opinions from SWEDEN

Elf with lots of self spells in Essence of MYTH
Proud to be the Wife of the sweet and lovely Aerath
Proud owner of the very lucky Thijmen X
Plays her 19th age of Utopia
View Public Profile Find more posts by Charlotte Add Charlotte to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as kli)
(14-Nov-2002 at 09:06)

Why should anyone have loyalties to EU?
Its only the politicians and the capitalists why earn anything from EU...
Why does the small countries accept that the big ones with their multi votes rule our countries?

Utopian Thieves Guild
Ex CoS, Ex HUN, Ex IHJ, Ex DT, Ex SF, Ex AoV, Ex UC
View Public Profile Find more posts by rex regis Add rex regis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as kli)
(14-Nov-2002 at 09:17)

KU

We can form into the Kalmar Union again...
EU can keep their belgian blue's and grapes, Scandinavia would raise...again...lol

Utopian Thieves Guild
Ex CoS, Ex HUN, Ex IHJ, Ex DT, Ex SF, Ex AoV, Ex UC
View Public Profile Find more posts by rex regis Add rex regis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as viplash)
Donated $1.72
(14-Nov-2002 at 11:14)

I really dislike the EU, of course my country comes first!

SWEDEN all the way!

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
The US Bombs It, Europe Rebuilds It

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

View Public Profile Find more posts by Zcat Add Zcat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as forecast300)
(14-Nov-2002 at 13:53)

content

Quote:
The EU is a bad idea. Cuz the cultures of each of the EU provices are very different!
I disagree, Texas, Hawaii, Alaska and New York (for example)arenīt exactly the same either.

As long as Germany, England and France donīt ask for more votes than my country (Holland)I donīt mind the EU.

Holland rules forever!!!!!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by rsyhdtyjffdtyj Add rsyhdtyjffdtyj to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Nov-2002 at 17:29)
Well.. i'm from Norway and we're not in the EU

Too bad we have to follow lots of their stupid regulations anyway though..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mack Add Mack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Nov-2002 at 17:47)

Re: KU

Quote:
(Originally posted by kli)

We can form into the Kalmar Union again...
EU can keep their belgian blue's and grapes, Scandinavia would raise...again...lol
A grand Sweden with Norway, Finland and Estonia .. again

"Thou throne upon memories of days in glory"

If you are going to be in the EU you might as well go all the way or just quit right now. But I do believe a local union (e.g. Scandinavian Union) would be prefferable. Cause of the cultural, governmental and lingual similarities.

And stop bithcing about the taxes - they are a privelege not a punishment. You would hvae spent that "extra" amount of money (that goes to taxes) on services now funded by the state anyway.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Escarcha 1 Add Escarcha 1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Nov-2002 at 22:11)
Yeah exactly escarcha..

Thats what makes it so easy for the right wing in europe, everyone thinks taxes are just bad.

And that especially goes for poor uneducated people.. i mean.. taxes benefit the poor..
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mack Add Mack to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Damo1986)
(15-Nov-2002 at 10:14)

even though i am not in europe. i'm in australia. i would say that if i was in europe the country would come first, but i would still support the EU. but i would want it to stay as a union of countries, not as a future huge singular european country
View Public Profile Find more posts by Just Someone Add Just Someone to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Nov-2002 at 10:42)
Country comes first!

Hope we don't join the EMU now(in Sweden).
View Public Profile Find more posts by LaLuSh Add LaLuSh to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as viplash)
Donated $1.72
(15-Nov-2002 at 10:47)

Re: Country comes first!

Quote:
(Originally posted by LaLuSh)

Hope we don't join the EMU now(in Sweden).
Agree totaly... don't want those damn coins!
The whole thing is just sooo unnesesary....

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
The US Bombs It, Europe Rebuilds It

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

View Public Profile Find more posts by Zcat Add Zcat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote