Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: What does god look like in your head?
Black, Clean Shaven 0 0%
Black, Bearded 3 4.62%
White, Clean Shaven 3 4.62%
White, Beared 17 26.15%
Other 42 64.62%
Who voted? Voters: 65
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(05-Mar-2008 at 14:35)

Reconsidering my last answer, i think God is the term we use for the essence of consciousness. I still have a hard time thinking of that as being either black or white

Your brain is unique in the history of the universe. Use it wisely.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dusk Illz Add Dusk Illz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Mar-2008 at 15:28)

Here is another way god might look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-Hsjs94f4

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Mar-2008 at 01:49)
us humans were formed in god's image, but that doesnt mean god looks human. actually most religious text say quite the contrary, so I think this question is a bit pointless, at least if you really believe in god...
so other sums it up best...

Warning:
N00B ALERT
View Public Profile Find more posts by zling Add zling to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(24-Mar-2008 at 00:52)

God isn't ANY color IMHO, he is clear (see through).

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(24-Mar-2008 at 01:05)

Re: Do you consider god to be white?

Originally Posted by Celtic19: View Post
I think of god as a zeus figure (rep to whoever figures out which famous book thats from)
Angels & Demons.

Zeus is very much like my imagionation of "God". White, Bearded, aura of power, strength and wisdom.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(24-Mar-2008 at 02:08)

I'd be kind of amazed to see a woman with a beard.

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2008 at 04:28)

While I think God could appear any way he wants to, it would make sense that if he appeared before any human he would probably assume the form of something they could wrap their minds around. So I think he would at least appear to us as a human-like being. Probably a stereotypical "god type image" old man beard ect, kinda looking like Zeus. But really I dont think he was finite shape, after all God is all powerful, he can appear however he wants to....

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, itís cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Donít question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-May-2008 at 08:05)

I have no idea....I sort of think of God as a human shaped bright light.

"All I wanted out of life was just a little more than I deserved"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hatter Add Hatter to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-May-2008 at 19:48)

maybe he's sorta both, like michael jackson.

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Snavvles)
Donated $16.00
(07-May-2008 at 18:37)

I don't believe in a god, but after thinking about this for awhile this is what I came up with.

Humans should not have the visual capacity to identify the colour of a being whose image is perfect, nor the mental capacity to comprehend what they see. If you could touch god, you should not be able to describe how it feels. The idea of a god is that of a being so far beyond us that it is incomprehensible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then it's settled. Aang, I do believe it's my turn.
I'd like to spend my vacation AT THE LIBRARY!
Sokka, Avatar: The Last Airbender

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stormspirit Add Stormspirit to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(09-May-2008 at 23:49)

God is actually a chipmunk with white beard... Well not really, chipmunk is just puppet God is using when He is doing his ventriliquest act. Other form of puppet's He has useing is the Famous Burning Bush ( at this point I got image George W. Bush Jr on Fire I probably should go sleep) He used when talking to Moses.

Simply in His all glory might His true presence would betoo much for humans. We would probably turn a piece salt statue or pile of ash ^^

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Randomized)
(15-May-2008 at 20:18)

Maybe God's like Morgan Freeman in Bruce Allmighty
View Public Profile Visit Black Oranje's homepage Find more posts by Black Oranje Add Black Oranje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.00
(16-May-2008 at 04:11)

God has no physical manifestation IMO. That was Jesus.

Where has my avatar gone?

The true meaning of silence
View Public Profile Find more posts by Gus Mackay Add Gus Mackay to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as FaithnMizery)
(12-Jun-2008 at 21:44)

God to me doesn't have a particular physique.

Its more like a presence that can BE there in any form he/she so chooses.

Its like asking if you think god is a boy or girl. Everyone has a different opinion because the closest thing to God that anyone ever saw was Jesus.

...The ShadowMachine...
Swedish Pride!!
Red+Purple=HAPPINESS!
View Public Profile Find more posts by ShadowMachine Add ShadowMachine to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jun-2008 at 10:16)
Re: Do you consider god to be white?

Originally Posted by Roxtin: View Post
If God created humans in his own image - and the earliest humans were black or olive (Mediterranean) skinned - then logically that's your best bet.

But personally, when I was younger, I believed God to be an old heavily bearded (white beard) white man who was in excellent physical shape ... pretty much, I believed exactly what my church lead me to believe before I learned to think for myself.
I agree with your first statement there, if the stories are top be assumed true, that is what it probably is (= personally I think this kind of discussion is one of the things causing religious violence, and are generally to be avoided.

same as 'is god a woman or a man', very popular among feminists...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ainumahtar Add Ainumahtar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Jun-2008 at 04:46)
He's probably brown.

The dream has gone but the baby is real
Oh, you did a good thing
She could have been a poet or she could have been a fool
Oh, you did a bad thing
View Public Profile Find more posts by Misty Avalon Add Misty Avalon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Aug-2008 at 02:19)

The god being asked about here exists only in the mind of man.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Earthsonluna Add Earthsonluna to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old VaX It's a boy!
(23-Sep-2008 at 20:00)
In my mind I always just saw a blurry white aura. Kinda like an intense start when it glows white, not like a white person. I don't believe god would look like a person. Maybe we are in God's image in a different way

Regardless of if we are right or wrong, history will form its own opinions.

If your not willing to die for democracy then you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by VaX Add VaX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote