Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: How much taxes do you pay (on your receipts)?
0% 1 2.33%
1% - 4% 1 2.33%
5% - 10% 18 41.86%
11% - 15% 12 27.91%
16% - 20% 9 20.93%
+20% 2 4.65%
Who voted? Voters: 43
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as Jarlaxle Baenre)
(01-Nov-2008 at 11:53)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Denmark also have a starting income-tax rate in the neighbourhood of 45%? That's a hell of a lot of income gone. If this is true, you better have the best damn transit system money can buy

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(02-Nov-2008 at 01:00)

Re: How much taxes do you pay (on your receipts)?

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle Baenre: View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Denmark also have a starting income-tax rate in the neighbourhood of 45%? That's a hell of a lot of income gone. If this is true, you better have the best damn transit system money can buy
No system of transport short of a teleportation portal is worth that much taxation.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(05-Nov-2008 at 19:05)

Re: How much taxes do you pay (on your receipts)?

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle Baenre: View Post
I personally pay 8% of all my salary to something called "ambi" and then 39% of the rest minus whatever deductables (I hope that's the right word) I might have.

I believe that people with a higher salary than me pays more than the 39%.

And actually, our roads are kinda "spent" by now, and the entire railroad system is falling apart (in warm weather the trains can barely drive lol).

But still. I've benefitted a lot from our healthcare system, with my cronic heart disease and all. All the times I've been in the hospital didn't cost me anything (well, technically it did through taxes, but I don't get a bill after staying there )
So I do prefer our system the way it is now. I do disagree with some of the things the tax money is spent on, like the absurd salaries given to politicians, the members of our royal house and all that. But all in all, I find it pretty good.

Even with all the taxes and me having a job that's fairly low salary compared to most other jobs, I do have a pretty good living standard. So no complaining, really

Hmmmm... I think I need a new signature
View Public Profile Visit Sossy's homepage Find more posts by Sossy Add Sossy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Nov-2008 at 20:29)

if im correct there is a luxery tax in the UK 20%? for champagne and other such goods?

if our labourers party is called Labour, the most conserivtive party are called Conserivitives, and the liberal party called the Liberal Domocrats why aren't the BNP called the English Racist Party.
View Public Profile Visit marli's homepage Find more posts by marli Add marli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Nov-2008 at 06:13)

Flat 5% here in Massachusetts, goes to the state.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2009 at 15:49)
In Sweden the employer pays 33% of the salary for the employee tot he government. The employee pays ~32% of whats left to the local tax system and we have 25% on all goods just like Denmark
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chinvat Add Chinvat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote