Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Women should be permitted to breastfeed...
in the pool. 4 11.11%
on the pool deck. 23 63.89%
off the pool deck (AKA Not at all). 9 25.00%
Who voted? Voters: 36
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $2.08
(25-Jan-2009 at 02:07)

Re: Breastfeeding in the Pool

Originally Posted by Chillin: View Post
Thats what I meant..its pretty hard to stop someone from pissing in the pool, as you really cant tell....but you CAN tell if someone is breastfeeding in the pool, so you might as well stop it.
I understand that people don't like it, but it's illogical. There's no adverse effects of having milk, urine, feces, sweat, or saliva in the pool (all of which you have, even if the mother didn't actuall feed the kid in the pool but just went there right after feeding). The only one of those which may cause sickness is the feces, but the water has enough Cl to prevent that from happening.

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2009 at 03:59)

Its still "gross" and for that reason shouldnt be allowed. Me drinking a pepsi in the pool shouldnt be allowed either...

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, it’s cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Don’t question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jan-2009 at 04:19)

Re: Breastfeeding in the Pool

Originally Posted by Stewie: View Post
The only one of those which may cause sickness is the feces, but the water has enough Cl to prevent that from happening.
Not quite accurate. The presence of observable faecal matter prompts a closing of the pool in order to superchlorinate it. The ambient chlorine is typically ineffective in dealing with moderate concentrations of faecal coliforms. This is why we request infants to wear rubber swimwear; to prevent the contamination of the pool with faecal matter. A similar principle applies to vomit, and to large enough quantities of blood.

Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated
Do the impossible
See the invisible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
View Public Profile Visit Eltargrim's homepage Find more posts by Eltargrim Add Eltargrim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote