Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Favorite Beer type
Pils 3 11.11%
Stout 1 3.70%
Weizen 1 3.70%
Lager 12 44.44%
Ale 4 14.81%
Bock 0 0%
Bitter 0 0%
Kolsch 1 3.70%
Malt Liquor 0 0%
Dark 5 18.52%
Who voted? Voters: 27
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(15-Sep-2008 at 00:58)

Favorite Beer Type

What is your favorite beer type/

Not brand

And explain why

“Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything, tolerance is for the weak and oppressed"

Last edited by Bierkrug, 15-Sep-2008 at 01:04.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bierkrug Add Bierkrug to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Sep-2008 at 09:47)

It's probably not a good idea to use German names on an English site.

Anyhow, I like my beer as dark as possible. Any beer that does not make you feel like you got kicked in the face when you stand up is not worth drinking.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Sep-2008 at 12:28)

I actually took the names off of an American website just to avoid that but many of the names are the same. Especially the special beers.

I am a huge fan of beer. I know that most of you just drink what is available but there is an art to real beers.

I prefer Kolsch/Helles or light beer for the unknowing. However that being said I don’t prefer the hoppy bitter pils either.

“Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything, tolerance is for the weak and oppressed"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bierkrug Add Bierkrug to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Sep-2008 at 13:04)

Drink Pils the most (Heineken!), but enjoy dark beer the most for the much more intense flavour..

Your brain is unique in the history of the universe. Use it wisely.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dusk Illz Add Dusk Illz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Sep-2008 at 13:18)

Quote:
Drink Pils the most (Heineken!)
Ah, so now I have an idea of what pils is... and I can say I am not a fan at all. Heineken is drinkable.

I prefer darker beers also. Tooheys Old is a good one (Australian. I don't know any foreign beers, except Heineken, and I guess Budweiser but I've never tried that)

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Sep-2008 at 13:34)

Re: Favorite Beer Type

Originally Posted by Spectre19: View Post
Ah, so now I have an idea of what pils is... and I can say I am not a fan at all. Heineken is drinkable.

I prefer darker beers also. Tooheys Old is a good one (Australian. I don't know any foreign beers, except Heineken, and I guess Budweiser but I've never tried that)
Heineken and Budweiser are not beers. (Sorry Dusk) They're the kind of stuff that you can export to foreigners who don't know any better.

If you want to try the real stuff, you should get your hands on some Belgian brewing. Palm is my favourite beer for regular drinking, but almost all the special Belgians are delicious.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Post has been warned)
(17-Sep-2008 at 02:44)
Samuel Adams
View Public Profile Find more posts by One Eyed Oscar Add One Eyed Oscar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(17-Sep-2008 at 05:00)

Originally Posted by Dusk Illz: View Post
Drink Pils the most (Heineken!), but enjoy dark beer the most for the much more intense flavour..
First time I drank that, I spewed. Needless to say, I never touched it again.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(17-Sep-2008 at 05:10)

I've had Budweiser and it was alright. Although, I have no real basis for comparison. In Cuba, I did try Crystal (I think that's what it's called, I don't exactly remember) and it was absolutely disgusting.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(17-Sep-2008 at 21:01)

I do not like the taste of beer at all.
I have tried many but not all of the types listed but just really hate the taste.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Sep-2008 at 04:42)

Originally Posted by Saint Sinner: View Post
I do not like the taste of beer at all.
I have tried many but not all of the types listed but just really hate the taste.
AMEN! I am in the same position as you. I have tried many different types and brands, I have hated the taste of all.

"Well played, Roxtin. You are now officially the God of flying under the radar " ~MeliHeartsCloud from The Mafia of Zelda: Twilight princess
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(30-Sep-2008 at 04:08)

Where the hell is the ANY or ALL option? I'm not picky.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Sep-2008 at 05:30)

I was begining to wonder if anyone here drinks beer.

(04-Jan-2009 at 21:59)

I usually drink Lagers and Pilsners, only domestic brands.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.64
(05-Jan-2009 at 00:39)

Anything i can get my hands on

Todays letter is brought to you by the letter "3"- Thats how many joints I smoked today.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding
If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.

Nothing to see here....go away!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Karupt Add Karupt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jan-2009 at 02:55)

Here is a website for rating beers if you are interested.

http://www.ratebeer.com/

(05-Jan-2009 at 05:31)

Originally Posted by Bierkrug: View Post
Here is a website for rating beers if you are interested.

http://www.ratebeer.com/
Not a very good website way too many microbrewers and their mates voting ...

Eg #25 is "Three Floyds Vanilla Bean Barrel Aged Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout " ........ seriously WTF that cant be a beer name ..... imagine trying to ask for one of them sober let alone drunk .......

Anyhow preferred beer flavour/style is Bavarian wheat beer ...... preferred store bought is DAB (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/726/2831)

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2009 at 21:39)

I can't choose, my favorite kind changes every day. My choice depends on the mood i'm in and overall, i drink any kind and love them all.

"What do you despise? By that you are truly known." -BG, Dune
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." -Darth Vader, Star Wars
"You can't make an omelette without destroying a forest*" -Black Mage
View Public Profile Find more posts by Artagant Add Artagant to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2009 at 19:59)

Lager - IE bud light ect (yes bud light is a lager )

"Hmph, you and your third dimension."
"What about it?" "Oh nothing, it’s cute. We have five."
"Th-thousand."
"Yes five thousand."
"Don’t question it."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillin Add Chillin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(13-Jan-2009 at 21:11)

It has to be dark. Something like Märchen typed German smoke-beer, Strong English dark ale, English Dark Ales are good. Although some Stouts are excellent like Irish Bleamish Stout.

I don't know. Dark beers just are better than the rest. But I am huge fan also of Dark Ale etc.

So far best American beer I have had has been Anchor Porter made in San Fransisco. Its probably #4 in my list.

But since in my top 10 has 7 dark ones, I have to vote Dark.

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga

Last edited by Lord Menchalior, 13-Jan-2009 at 21:15.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote