Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: How many news sites do you visit daily?
1-2 8 47.06%
3-5 7 41.18%
6-9 0 0%
10+ 2 11.76%
Who voted? Voters: 17
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(13-Oct-2008 at 10:46)

How many news sites do you visit daily? ("All of them"?)

And what are they? Just curious.

I'm not usually big on news, but I thought lately maybe I should keep myself up to date. So over the past couple of days I've looked a bit at BBC, Reuters, The Economist, The Washington Post, and The Sydney Morning Herald. The latter is horseshit, but AFAIK it's the least bad Australian news source. If anyone thinks something else is better, I'll check it out

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham

Last edited by Spectre19, 13-Oct-2008 at 10:48.
Edit reason: Oh, and thanks to Lunor for the inspiration :b
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Oct-2008 at 11:20)

None actually (unless you count geenstijl as news, which I don't). I get my news from newspapers and from television-news. Well and a bit from the topics posted here at ut.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Oct-2008 at 13:15)

I visit about 5 daily, especially lately with all the fun things going on worldwide. From most favorite to least favorite, something like:

Realclearpolitics
Reuters
NY Times
Fox
CNN
Cryptogon
Foreign Affairs
Al Jazeera
BBC
Truthout
Wallstreet Journal
Washington Post

Your brain is unique in the history of the universe. Use it wisely.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dusk Illz Add Dusk Illz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(13-Oct-2008 at 19:55)

1. Sydney Morning Herald. That's it. Daily Telegraph is shit.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege!
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The Fear of Long Words
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alexstrasza Add Alexstrasza to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Oct-2008 at 20:00)

Just Geenstijl that could be labeled a news site. It has news in it

Well actually, it also links to a real-ish news site. So combining both news-ish things, I think you could say I visit 1 of them total.

I read newspapers and watch tv for my news (mostly the latter).

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)

Last edited by Lunor, 13-Oct-2008 at 20:00.
Edit reason: Also: Way to (attempt to) steal my thunder, Spectre :P
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Randomized)
(14-Oct-2008 at 19:12)

I've read most of them, again, with a great appreciation for the press, for the media. I've read all of 'em, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years... I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news to... the Netherlands isn't a foreign country where it's kinda suggested it seems like... how, how can you stay in touch with the rest of the world maybe thinking and doing when you live out there in the Netherlands. Believe me the Netherlands is like a microcosm of the world.

But seriously:

CNN
RTL-Z
GeenStijl.nl
Spitsnieuws.nl
Nu.nl
Gooi en Eemlander
De Pers
View Public Profile Visit Black Oranje's homepage Find more posts by Black Oranje Add Black Oranje to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $11.20
(15-Oct-2008 at 17:28)

Drudge is my homepage and any sight listed there is fair game.

If he has a direct link to an interesting story, I'll hit it regardless of the source. Lots of people do the same thing but just won't admit it.

I also regularly visit plenty of the media sites he has links to on the bottom left, as well as several favorite columnists bottom center.

Other than jump offs from the most excellent drudge page, I visit:

http://www.news-record.com -- leftist, but local
http://www.digtriad.com -- local, television affiliated so more current

and of course, every Thursday evening, over a pint, I read the print version of:

The Rhino

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to.-- Mark Twain
View Public Profile Visit Michael1's homepage Find more posts by Michael1 Add Michael1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(16-Oct-2008 at 08:06)

Depends on how loosely I define "news site." I visit CBC.ca and CNN.com every day, and those are indisputably new sites. But I also visit rasmussenreports.com as well as electoral-vote.com and fivethirtyeight.com so you could say I generally visit five websites every day.

I also read the local newspapers (both of them), and MacLeans, but that's not what the poll is about, so I answered 3-5 (I figure that at least one of the polling sites can be passed off as news, although not really).

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Oct-2008 at 08:48)

http://www.theage.com.au/

Mainly for the sports news and weather, don't watch TV news at all.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(18-Oct-2008 at 16:56)

2 national newspapers' online sites and one more local. I only visit them when I'm bored though.

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Oct-2008 at 00:10)

the reg
bbc
wired

and i read lots of papers(dont stick to one, starts to distort moy view)

if our labourers party is called Labour, the most conserivtive party are called Conserivitives, and the liberal party called the Liberal Domocrats why aren't the BNP called the English Racist Party.
View Public Profile Visit marli's homepage Find more posts by marli Add marli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote