Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Should UT perform a make-over?
Yes 9 42.86%
No 12 57.14%
Who voted? Voters: 21
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(09-Mar-2009 at 00:16)

Should Utopia Temple do a make-over?

I don't mean just add a new section or two, but a complete make-over. new colours, new pictures, more modern type stuff. I've been here for 4 years I think and I don't remember seeing any changes other than the top picture and the addition of a few threads.

I'd like to see some more neutral colours, some greys, blacks, and some vibrant colours like orange and neon blue/green. Mabey make the user profiles more (I can't think of the word) informative.

Last edited by Acadian9, 09-Mar-2009 at 00:19.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Mar-2009 at 01:50)

Nah, I like it the way it is. User profiles are plenty informative, and I really like the colour scheme. And the layout is superb - not cluttered with bullshit like most forums around.

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Mar-2009 at 02:09)

I was leaning more towards different colours rather than totally different layout. I've seen other forums and they're crazy.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Mar-2009 at 17:04)

Re: Should Utopia Temple do a make-over?

Originally Posted by Acadian9: View Post
I was leaning more towards different colours rather than totally different layout. I've seen other forums and they're crazy.
Just keep it the way it is.

I have seen enough "Change" already in the world. Makes me sick.

“Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything, tolerance is for the weak and oppressed"
View Public Profile Find more posts by Bierkrug Add Bierkrug to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Mar-2009 at 17:21)
You guys are saying "leave it as it is", "it's fine" and all that. But, would you guys be willing to deal with a more generic skin if it makes things easier for Brother Green? I think he posted somewhere that integrating new software and updating vBulletin takes months because of the highly modified, personalized skin.

Last edited by Andrew X, 09-Mar-2009 at 17:21.
Edit reason: I put a "." instead of a "?". Silly me.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Andrew X Add Andrew X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(11-Mar-2009 at 06:30)

Naah. There's something very familiar with the way UT is now.
But if people had any ideas they could show I'd be listening.

~ĐeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(11-Mar-2009 at 12:50)

Would it bring more users here? No, its declining at teh pace of utopias own decline.
Would it improve the posting for the users here? I doubt it.
So no big changes, although some new colors or something could be nice I guess.

"If guns kill people...Can I blame mispelled words on my pencil?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mad Morgan Add Mad Morgan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
WoW Moderator
Donated $22.00
(11-Mar-2009 at 18:42)

I'd love a sort of inverted theme / skin, where the text was on a brighter (though not too bright like white) background, as it's easier on my eyes..

After reading UT for a while, I see white-ish lines before my eyes when I look at stuff

Actually, the colors you see when typing a message are nice.. black text on a light gray background

I think forums allow the user to chose skin, so it might be possible to keep the old one for those who prefer that?

Hmmmm... I think I need a new signature
View Public Profile Visit Sossy's homepage Find more posts by Sossy Add Sossy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $11.20
(11-Mar-2009 at 19:16)

Sounds kind of like spending a lot of money fixing up an abandoned home on the wrong side of town, IMHO.

Alright, it's not that bad. BG's a good businessman and prolly understands any major change is not going to yield a good return on investment.

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to.-- Mark Twain
View Public Profile Visit Michael1's homepage Find more posts by Michael1 Add Michael1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Mar-2009 at 14:44)

A make over wouldn't be the best idea, I'd rather just have a few basic choices on a skin selector. Everyone here is already used to this skin anyway.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... / Ć
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote