Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Serenity vs New Star Trek
I think Serenity is the better movie 9 29.03%
I think the New Star Trek is the better movie 11 35.48%
I haven't watched Serenity 3 9.68%
I haven't watched the New Star Trek 7 22.58%
They both suck 1 3.23%
Who voted? Voters: 31
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(23-May-2009 at 18:13)

Serenity vs New Star Trek

So me and a friend got into an argument about which sci fi movie was better. Serenity the movie based on the show(and essentailly it's finale) Firefly or the New Star Trek. For me it's Serenity hands down but I was wondering what you guys think about it

The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common; they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views
View Public Profile Find more posts by DHoffryn Add DHoffryn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2009 at 19:46)

the newest Star Trek was a really good movie - almost worthy of all its hype. But Serenity was outstanding! Hands down, Serenity is a far, far better movie.
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(23-May-2009 at 22:01)

I haven't watched Star Trek yet, but Serenity was an excellent movie. I predict that I'll probably like Star Trek, but less than Serenity. I'm a huge Firefly fan. Then again, I've also turned into quite a big TNG fan. Then again again, the Star Trek movie isn't about The Next Generation.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2009 at 22:17)

Re: Serenity vs New Star Trek

Originally Posted by Nimon: View Post
I haven't watched Star Trek yet, but Serenity was an excellent movie. I predict that I'll probably like Star Trek, but less than Serenity. I'm a huge Firefly fan. Then again, I've also turned into quite a big TNG fan. Then again again, the Star Trek movie isn't about The Next Generation.
TNG is awesome!

Anyway, never saw Firefly or Serenity (been waiting with Serenity untill I see Firefly, but I am beginning to get the feeling that I'll never see Firefly...).

But I have seen Star Trek, and it's very good.

There's one thing about Star Trek that makes me really sad though. It's...well...I don't want to spoil it. But I can imagine why a LOT of trekkies are extremely upset because of it. I can totally see where they're coming from.

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-May-2009 at 23:26)

Firefly is a GREAT show ... if you're interested in watching the complete series, www.hulu.com has the whole series.

I saw Serenity before ever watching Firefly (a friend of mine suggested the movie before I ever heard of the show) ... after watching the movie, I watched the series a few times. Now I wish they didn't stop making the show after 1 season ... what a loss.
View Public Profile Visit Roxtin's homepage Find more posts by Roxtin Add Roxtin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-May-2009 at 03:21)

The only thing I remember from Serenity is the main girl sitting up near the ceiling at one point. Literally. And I feel that if a movie is unmemorable then it does not equal amazing status.

Star Trek on the other hand, was amazingly fun. It made me jump, which is hard to do now a days. Terminator Salvation did that too... Maybe I'm losing my hard movie goer exterior.

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DeRnhelm)
Donated $11.54
(26-May-2009 at 22:02)

Firefly was really an entertaining show. I liked seeing the muscle man from X-Files in action. No brains all brawls.

Bummer, can't use spoiler tags.

~ŠeRn~
BTW: You Are All Buffle Headed

Last edited by DeRnhelm, 26-May-2009 at 22:02.
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeRn HaLL Add DeRn HaLL to your Buddy List Reply with Quote