Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Options Discussions and Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as HammieW)
(18-Aug-2001 at 03:57)
Auto-Lauch Angel When Entering Utopia Homepage

I personally only use Angel when playing Utopia, not when surfing the Internet. So why not auto-lauch Angel when entering the Utopia Homepage or Login-pages? Shouldn't be too hard to add this in the Settings, would it?

One day no laugh is one day no life.
View Public Profile Visit Jeruzame's homepage Find more posts by Jeruzame Add Jeruzame to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(19-Aug-2001 at 12:06)

Re: Auto-Lauch Angel When Entering Utopia Homepage

Sure, no problem adding it to the Settings, but how would it actually know when you enter a Utopia web-page?

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as HammieW)
(19-Aug-2001 at 19:04)
Re: Question

Well, I guess you could get the URLs from all the open Internet browsers, and compare them to the Utopia homepage and the login pages. If one is true, Angel is lauched.

I personally don't know how to get the URLs from the browsers, as I don't have much programming experience. But I'm sure you do

Hope this will help you on this new feature.

One day no laugh is one day no life.
View Public Profile Visit Jeruzame's homepage Find more posts by Jeruzame Add Jeruzame to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Gwillyn)
Donated $31.68
(19-Aug-2001 at 19:07)

Re: Question

I imagine some virus-scans would go insane if something like that was going on in the background. It would most likely make some people extremely paranoid.

Gwill http://emblems.utopiatemple.com/pic00232.gif
ICQ #47751994
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View Public Profile Visit Gwill's homepage Find more posts by Gwill Add Gwill to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(20-Aug-2001 at 00:33)

Re: Auto-Lauch Angel When Entering Utopia Homepage

Well, if someone would tell me how to do it, I will definitely consider it!

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Aug-2001 at 15:40)
no

i think this is not very good idea. in order to start UA when the utopia website, you have to have a small program running background to monitor the internet explorer activity which is waste of memory.
View Public Profile Find more posts by stick Add stick to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(23-Aug-2001 at 00:05)
Re: no

If he made something like that you could save memory because you can make it smaller than the angel and those that not want the featur could ignore it...
It would help me as i always got the angel running...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Denil Add Denil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Lynx The Knight
Imported Post
(25-Aug-2001 at 14:46)
hmmm..

Intercept the packet, find the origin of the packet. =P
Old shadow arsenal
Imported Post
(26-Aug-2001 at 12:10)
idea

you could use the angel as a pop-up ad and that would be just like booting it up, or you could set a place for it were the music section is.
Utopia Temple Host
Donated $5.12
(28-Aug-2001 at 01:15)

Re: idea

That would require that Mehul supported the use of Angel, which he has said several times he does not.

He's stated that no Utopia fan-sites will be linked to from Utopia, period.

- Tyrall

Admin of the Tyrall Network, home of Utopia Temple
View Public Profile Visit Tyrall's homepage Find more posts by Tyrall Add Tyrall to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(28-Aug-2001 at 05:38)
Re: idea

you can make onr for yourself.. i will post the idea if it works...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Denil Add Denil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Sep-2001 at 07:24)
hmm....

i realize angel isn't programmed in vb, but in visual basic i think there's a way to get text directly from other applications (i.e.: ie, haha) If I'm right about this, you could create an itty bitty vb program to find the first line or so of every page that the browser sees. if it matches up with the first line of the utopia page, then it automatically opens angel. just a thought, although i have no idea how much memory it would take up...

actually lemme get back to you on this...i'll see if i can program this thing on my own first
View Public Profile Find more posts by stoney Add stoney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote