Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Research Laboratory > Previous Rounds' Discussions > Prior Round 15 Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Administrator
(03-Feb-2001 at 09:01)

Attacking Outside War...?

I am interested to know whether you still get reduced gains when attacking outside war this round. It was mentioned in the last revision of the guide, but now I can't find any trace of it, so is it safe to assume it was removed this round?

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old Pragmatis
Imported Post
(03-Feb-2001 at 15:34)
Re: Attacking Outside War...?

Excerpt From The Guide: Chapter 7.

Understanding War
When going to war, it is important to understand there are inherent advantages to working through the diplomatic channels of your kingdom. As a loner, you will likely gain relatively little land & resources from attacks. Be sure to view your Kingdom Relations and understand the differences between attacking Kingdoms with which you are At War and those with which you have no relations.
(05-Feb-2001 at 02:23)
Out of War attacks

Apart from that, you don't seem to gain any honor from out of war attacks either (I attacked a 305 acre guy, being 220 acres)
View Public Profile Find more posts by SubSpace Add SubSpace to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Feb-2001 at 08:00)
-50% gains penalty == gone.

Quite a few members of my kd have hit outside of our war and they have gotten huge land returns (relatively speaking).

So, therefore, I conclude that this penalty is no longer in the game.
View Public Profile Find more posts by RUBiK Add RUBiK to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(05-Feb-2001 at 08:20)

Re: -50% gains penalty == gone.

Thank you all. I will remove this option then from the Military Calculator in the next version.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Feb-2001 at 18:19)
Re: -50% gains penalty == gone.

Agreed,
my friend being smaller than a target pillage more returns than me being larger yet in war with that target.
Target size 210
target Gcs: 950k
friend: 200
pillaged: 200k
me: 235 (in war)
pillage : 160k
View Public Profile Find more posts by SDevil Add SDevil to your Buddy List Reply with Quote