Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(14-Aug-2002 at 10:36)
How come people who haven't played utopia hate utopia?

They won't even try to play it! I say try before conclusions
View Public Profile Find more posts by wingzero Add wingzero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as DTB)
(14-Aug-2002 at 11:43)

ppl..cant play either its bcause dey dont have the net ...dont have ne time...or as in most case couldnt b bothered 2
View Public Profile Find more posts by Reshie Add Reshie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2002 at 11:56)
well, they aren't addicted as we are

and in the begin it's really stupid to have to wait RL hours before buildings are complete & stuff... most people are used to a turn-based system
View Public Profile Find more posts by SCIFFY Add SCIFFY to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2002 at 12:21)
Hey i don`t really care... we rule
View Public Profile Find more posts by momosan Add momosan to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2002 at 12:42)

Well, WingZero, having seen your posts before, I'd shy away from anything you recommended as well, simply because you would be there.

Seriously though... (although the above isn't a joke)

When you first come to Utopia, you have 3 real life days before you can touch another province, and that is what you want to do, you wanna hurt someone right away.

You make a few decisions, and before you know it, you have nothing at all to do.

Some form of accelerated growth for new provinces mid-round is an idea, but it's open to a lot of abuse.

Halk, Retired Big Boss of The Black Horde.
View Public Profile Visit Halk's homepage Find more posts by Halk Add Halk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2002 at 12:47)
Quote:
(Originally posted by Halk)

Some form of accelerated growth for new provinces mid-round is an idea, but it's open to a lot of abuse.
there is, last round i joined late and there were so many easy targets out there i attacked very easily
View Public Profile Find more posts by fredjimbob Add fredjimbob to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2002 at 13:01)

Well, yeah, there is that, but what I meant was the first 72 hours of someone's Utopian career is very, very boring.

Perhaps some kind of mechanism where you could advance the clock by 6 hours for your province alone a few times would be nice. But like I said it could cause HUGE scripting problems... Mehul relies on scripts being caught in the 72 hours before they can damage another province.

Halk, Retired Big Boss of The Black Horde.
View Public Profile Visit Halk's homepage Find more posts by Halk Add Halk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.00
(15-Aug-2002 at 03:00)

i think it has to do with the fact that they see we have no lives, wake up at odd hours because "our troops just got in and i got a fat grab to make", smell from lack of good personal hygiene (i know i don't shower cause someone might attack me while i'm away from the screen)

they see all this and then you go and ask "hey you should try it, the game rocks. as you try to stop the nervous tick you got since your in school and haven't logged in for like 3 whole hours!! and then you wonder why they no want to try it.

well damn look what you did. someone just tried a spell on me while i was distracted. see what i mean....

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Just A Player Add Just A Player to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Cannabis TBH)
(16-Aug-2002 at 10:18)

I find the first 72 hours are the most exciting. For me they decide if I am going to have a good age or bad. I try to be there 24/7 so I can recast spells when they wear off, build my free land right when it comes in and ect.

"The Glory is the issue to me. Money comes and goes, but a legacy stays forever." - Shane Mosley
View Public Profile Find more posts by TKO TBH Add TKO TBH to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $18.92
(17-Aug-2002 at 08:36)

for new players that first 72 hours should be when they are reading the guide and learning, interaction with your kingdom is key at that point in the game. there is plenty of stuff to do, maybe not with your own province but with learning and kingdom interaction.

and yes player that could be a very big reason why some ppl don't play, they see just how addictive it can be. i am often late for different things because my troops haven't come in yet or my spell is about to wear off and must be recast. it is amazing how this game can come to be a driving force in planning your daily routine.
View Public Profile Find more posts by dwilborn283 Add dwilborn283 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Aug-2002 at 08:37)
But still, well anyway, I tried my friends to play this game
and liked it so I guess try before making conclusions
View Public Profile Find more posts by wingzero Add wingzero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote