Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > Mafia Forum Games

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as z3phyrCloud)
Donated $4.64
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:38)

sunglasses Final Fantasy VII Mafia

This is the enclosure (flesh,
where innocence is a weapon. An
abstraction. Touch. (Not mine.
Or yours, if you are the soul I had
and abandoned when I was blind and had
my enemies carry me as a dead man
(if he is beautiful, or pitied.

It can be pain. (As now, as all his
flesh hurts me.) It can be that. Or
pain. As when she ran from me into
that forest.
Or pain, the mind
silver spiraled whirled against the
sun, higher than even old men though
God would be.

Amiri Baraka – An Agony. As Now.

Welcome to the Final Fantasy VII Mafia! Your mafia mods for this evening/morning/afternoon shall be moonblooded and z3phyrCloud.

This is (as of now) a 31 player game. However it may change depending on various circumstances. This game is open to anyone; however it will be more enjoyable if you are active (which we must stress) and if you have prior knowledge of FFVII.

Rules:
  1. If you are totally new to mafia, I suggest you read http://mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Newbie_Guide . You could also try reading the introduction to mafia which is stickied up top, but it’s rather cluttered now so that may not be the smartest option.
  2. No talking outside of the thread unless allowed in your RC.
  3. Once you are dead, you may not post anything except for a short good bye message which contains no information about the game.
  4. Do not fall inactive. It seriously spoils the game; both for the players and for the mods.
  5. Only Bold votes will be counted.
  6. It will be a night start.
  7. Days will last 72-96 hours. This can be flexible if there’s good activity.
  8. Nights will last 36 hours.
  9. A person must have the majority of votes at the end of the day to be lynched.
  10. You have one “no-lynch”.

Disclaimers:
  • This is our first game. Criticisms are accepted.
  • This game is (we think) rather complex, so be warned.
  • The pretentious poetry was all moonblooded. It freaked her out when she saw it
  • If you have any questions just PM or IM moonblooded or z3phyrCloud.
  • Have fun! ..and stay active

Further Reading (Optional):
- Introduction:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_vii

- Timeline
http://www.icybrian.com/fanficresour...steeleinfo.php

- Relationships:
http://www.ff7citadel.com/gameinfo/i...nia_charac.jpg

- Game Script:
(PS)http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/ff7cscript.html
(PC)http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f..._script_d1.txt

- Ultimania Omega Translations:
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=126636

- (Opinionated) Plot Analysis:
(game)http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...y_vii_plot.txt

- More information about The Compilation of FFVII
http://xthost.info/ffwebnovel/

Last edited by Azure Dragon, 04-Jul-2006 at 15:07.
Edit reason: As requested.
View Public Profile Find more posts by CloudHeartsMeli Add CloudHeartsMeli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lodewijk)
Donated $4.04
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:38)

Hooray, I'm first! This is the first time I'm first to sign up first! #1!

*Don't kill me on the first night. I won't give you cookies if you do!*

Oh, and this had nothing to do with berating z3phyrCloud on MSN.

*cough*

Is birth always a fall?
Do angels have wings? Can men fly?

Last edited by Lodewijk, 04-Jul-2006 at 14:41.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Happy Sid Add Happy Sid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:39)

<3 FF

I'll play unless a new player misses out
View Public Profile Find more posts by Meth Add Meth to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:40)

I'll play too.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cobra2002 Add Cobra2002 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $6.60
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:41)

lmao Lode, I saw the original post and was about to cry foul! raise the alarm! an uncouth, illiterate imposter has replaced my precious carebear... And now I shall promptly swoon with relief.

Err, right. That is to say, sign me up! Even if I barely played FFVII. I shall rely on my leet conjecture skillz.

P.S. If you don't kill me on the first night I'll send pictures! Sexy pictures. Not necessarily of me, of course, but I'm sure it's the sexy part that y'all care bout, yes?

the business of love is cruelty which, by our wills, we transform to live together.
just as the nature of briars is to tear flesh, I have proceeded through them.
(keep the briars out, they say.) you cannot live and keep free of briars.
william carlos williams, the ivy crown

Last edited by exmuse, 04-Jul-2006 at 14:42.
View Public Profile Find more posts by exmuse Add exmuse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:43)

I want in. I've played FF7 long time ago and have a friend who is mad about it who can help me with the info ^^.

1000 rep points...eeh I mean 296
Mods will never find me ^^ That's what you think *gasp* they're everywhere I wonder which one of the new mods will come here first...
View Public Profile Find more posts by demi Add demi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.04
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:43)
I am a bit of an FFVII freak truth be known, so I gues I'll be in it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kazac Add Kazac to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Meli)
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:44)

Same with me as with Meth. I know I'm in a lot of games lately, but I will step aside without complaints if someone who has played less misses out on this.

(If not.. mods, you know what I want *dangles with a chocolate chip cookie*)

It's been ages since I played FFVII, and I barely know what happened anymore XD It'll probably come up again once I start reading and playing, and I'm replaying the game now anyway ^^

Judging on the links, I'm guessing it'll be a mafia based on the game without the movie?

MeliHeartsCloud Hearts CloudHeartsMeli
View Public Profile Find more posts by MeliHeartsCloud Add MeliHeartsCloud to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Lodewijk)
Donated $4.04
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:44)

B'ware, exxy's pictures are actually pictures of me in a sailor outfit with exxles (out of sight, unfortunately ) aiming a giant paddle at me.

*nods*

Is birth always a fall?
Do angels have wings? Can men fly?

Last edited by Lodewijk, 04-Jul-2006 at 14:44.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Happy Sid Add Happy Sid to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:46)

I don't know FF, sign me up as a replacement. I'll play (and read about FF on Wikipedia etc.) if you can't find enough players
View Public Profile Visit Apeiron's homepage Find more posts by Apeiron Add Apeiron to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $6.60
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:47)

Re: Final Fantasy VII Mafia

Indeed. And who could resist a nubile young lad in a sailor (moon) outfit?

Okay, okay, Lode and I will be good and quit spamming your thread now! Come on, crumpet, let's go play with that paddle you're so terribly fond of... *coughs*

the business of love is cruelty which, by our wills, we transform to live together.
just as the nature of briars is to tear flesh, I have proceeded through them.
(keep the briars out, they say.) you cannot live and keep free of briars.
william carlos williams, the ivy crown
View Public Profile Find more posts by exmuse Add exmuse to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $9.31
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:51)

I'm in! I have to ask because it's not mentioned in the rules, are you allowed to quote/draw/etc your Role-PM? IMHO it's much better if you aren't, and that's the way it's supposed to be. I don't know why we started doing it the other way. It opens up alot of room for non-game related "evidence" (typos in PM's and other things).

Oh, and FF8 > FF7, but I'll play along

My MSN is still [email protected].
My Skype is kapteindynetrekk

Last edited by Nimon, 04-Jul-2006 at 14:52.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Nimon Add Nimon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jul-2006 at 14:57)

I wish I could play, but I know nothing about the theme and I get confused when I'm in two mafias at the time.

Put me down as replacement though, if you like.

Modern world I'm not pleased to meet you

You just bring me down
View Public Profile Find more posts by Caelis666 Add Caelis666 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jul-2006 at 15:28)

Count me in for sure

Dual champions in Football and Basketball! Go Gators!

Welcome to The Swamp, where only Gators get out alive.
View Public Profile Visit zeegs's homepage Find more posts by zeegs Add zeegs to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.60
(04-Jul-2006 at 15:28)
/me joins!

I know abit here and there about FFV-II but my sis is a freak so I guess if I should want to know anything I could ask her

Put me in as the first replacement though, because I'm already in 2 other mafia games. However, if this game does not get the required 31 players, I'll be glad to play. Also if I die in either of the other 2 mafia games before this one starts, let me play please

Last edited by Rooivalk, 04-Jul-2006 at 15:30.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rooivalk Add Rooivalk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as jenn2006)
(04-Jul-2006 at 15:29)

you better include me. im playing final fantasy 7 at the moment so im cool

Giraffes are cool
View Public Profile Find more posts by Jenn2008 Add Jenn2008 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as wtfX)
(04-Jul-2006 at 16:09)

I have no prior knowledge of FFVII, but I have played another episode of the FF series (FFVIII), so at least I know where it's coming from

I'd love to play.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.56
(04-Jul-2006 at 16:11)

I got to be in this one!

Huuuge FF fan ^^

Insert funny comment here.
View Public Profile Find more posts by ElelloN Add ElelloN to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(04-Jul-2006 at 16:13)

i live and breath FF,
sign me up please. =)
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote