Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Old The Hapless
Imported Post
(18-Jun-2001 at 03:37)
To defect or not to defect..

OK, I, Newbie, need the advice of some of you venerable Utopian gods and goddesses

I want to know whether I should defect or not. There are only four or five people who regularly post in the forum; we have a hard time organizing anything against anyone. The last war we were in was a rather dismal failure for most of the kingdom for exactly that reason. Also, I rarely see or hear anything from the monarch - those of us who do use the forums are all for another war and have been for several days, yet I've seen nothing from the monarch. Not that I'm saying a quiet king is bad, but I would like to know what's going on from time to time. I'm a thief/mage, so it's very hard for me to get any honor outside of wars.

So it all boils down to the original question: to defect or not to defect? :|

Thanks.
(Posted as Gwillyn)
Donated $31.68
(18-Jun-2001 at 03:58)

Re: To defect or not to defect..

Do defect.
As soon as possible.

Gwill http://emblems.utopiatemple.com/pic00232.gif
ICQ #47751994
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
View Public Profile Visit Gwill's homepage Find more posts by Gwill Add Gwill to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Aerath Wolfshead)
Donated $5.44
(18-Jun-2001 at 06:57)

Either Defect, or get one of the active players to run for Monarch...

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Runefire)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(18-Jun-2001 at 08:40)

Defection is the last option possible because it totally screws up your province, and some Kingdoms (including my own) do not trust defectors.

Try and get the Monarch more active, failing that, get a new Monarch.

Message all the people you dont hear from and ask tem to be more active. If they do not respond in anyway, attack them once, and say that they have been warned. If they are not moe active they will be killed off.

Also, DO NOT War. Your Kingdom is not active enough yet for a War. You would get hammered easily.

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Freakoli)
Donated $1.84
(18-Jun-2001 at 10:19)

I refer you to this thread for further ideas on how to get your KD more active.

pub76.ezboard.com/fucbffr...=1&stop=20

Koli
Farewell my Utopian friends. May you all find what you seek out of life.
View Public Profile Visit Koli's homepage Find more posts by Koli Add Koli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(18-Jun-2001 at 12:18)

better no. Because people usually don't believe in defectors.
View Public Profile Find more posts by junhui98 Add junhui98 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Freakoli)
Donated $1.84
(18-Jun-2001 at 13:04)

Runefire, just out of curiosity would you attack a defecter, even if he hadn't done anything but defect?

Koli
Farewell my Utopian friends. May you all find what you seek out of life.
View Public Profile Visit Koli's homepage Find more posts by Koli Add Koli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Runefire)
(User is Banned)
Donated $2.77
(18-Jun-2001 at 13:12)

Depends on why he defected.

One defector was actually a Monarch who declared on a bigger Kingdom. After we found that out, after asking the Monarchs old Kingdom and the Kingdom he declared on, he was killed. Two ages ago this is.

But we have had one defector in our Kingdom already, and his Kingdom just sucked, so he wanted to leave. So we kept him

The Kittens of Playfulness
Fire and Ice
Tails Entwined in Fun and Love
SilvreWolf My love, I am yours
View Public Profile Visit DarkSkies X's homepage Find more posts by DarkSkies X Add DarkSkies X to your Buddy List Reply with Quote