Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(21-Jan-2010 at 17:08)
tongue make utopia & angel an iphone app

seriously. The one thing that sticks out most in my mind when I think about what would make utopia better is to get players back into the game. The best way I could think of to do that would be to make an app for the iphone and other smartphones that makes playing utopia from mobile smartphones alot easier.

Throw a bit of advertising in for the apps, and I'd bet we get lots of new players. of course they would need a link in there somewhere to the guide. I mean all of us old school utopia players know the biggest thing about getting new players in this game is getting them to understand how to play the game.

There's my 2 cents, now it's up to you brother green! :P
View Public Profile Find more posts by iRage Add iRage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2010 at 19:46)
I don't think that's a very useful thing to do; please take a look at this poll, and see for yourself that hardly anyone here owns an iphone:

https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=77262
View Public Profile Find more posts by bigk Add bigk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2010 at 19:54)
Re: make utopia & angel an iphone app

Originally Posted by bigk: View Post
I don't think that's a very useful thing to do; please take a look at this poll, and see for yourself that hardly anyone here owns an iphone:

https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=77262
doesnt mean there couldn't be
View Public Profile Find more posts by iRage Add iRage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(26-Jan-2010 at 22:14)

Why should the sensible people suffer because of the ghetto phone owners?

Seriously though, I don't think BG wants to do all the Angel coding in another programming language. Besides, the way you seem to suggest it Angel would have to be fully integrated with the game app unless you mean only jailbroken iphones could use it.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Mar-2010 at 20:20)

well...why does it have to be a smartphone?
could just be any phone with internet access.
back 12 yrs ago when the game first released...just being on the internet was cutting edge.
Hell, Utopia I think had in their advertisement as being the first browser game.

and for Utopia to regain a player base it needs to get back to being cutting edge. Point of fact, I've seen plenty of facebook games that have been developed horribly yet their player base aproaches what utopia's is presently.
View Public Profile Find more posts by way2insane Add way2insane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Mar-2010 at 01:32)
dude seriously

Bigk you're a nub, don't you know the whole world is going mobile?? WAKE UP dork!

way2insane, I don't think is has to be a smartphone w/e. I think utopia is a small enough game, shit sign us up with facebook/myspace w/e as an app .... an app for mobile phones, hell do those 2 things and I'd bet we get all time new record player base.

Konc: yes I agree it would have to be fully integrated into the app, but both are such small things that you could totally do that, it'd be boss. You could probably even integrate some kind of irc program or something like that

btw, the comment to BG was mostly just a jest. Really I know a few people that could/would get together to do this if we had the rights ..... but I don't even know who to ask about how to get that kind of stuff :P
(19-Mar-2010 at 17:27)
Mein fuhrer!

Good ideas, but first we have to save the game! lol.

[NB: Yeah, rage be my monarch as I ended up joining his KD upon return...]
View Public Profile Find more posts by beeman5 Add beeman5 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Mar-2010 at 01:24)
lmao.......the utube still cracks me up.........
But it's true- even I had to learn all these apps and facebook twitter stuff for my RL work and marketing needs in the restuarants and hotels and Im about as tech unsavy as they come, you'd expect a web based game would have been all over this stuff.....
But yes the game must be saved first -so true....

Anon, Elvensryche, Utopheous, Elvensdead, Elvensryche - maybe finish up anon again......
View Public Profile Find more posts by Elvensryche Add Elvensryche to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Oct-2010 at 12:45)

Frankly this is a totally stupid idea. If the Angel developers can't fix the current problems with it, why would anyone want a useless app?

For the last 3 ages, using the most recent versions of Angel, I keep getting errors. Why? Because Avians and Halflings ARE NOT included in Thievery.

" I drank WHAT!??!" - Socrates
View Public Profile Find more posts by Puzuma Add Puzuma to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Dec-2010 at 01:15)

Are u kidding me I would love to have an iPhone app I can't post any formatted data in the forums everything is a run on apps would be sweet. I'd even pay a bit of coin to Have it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Cel22 Add Cel22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Feb-2011 at 11:06)
Throw a bit of advertising in for the apps, and I'd bet we get lots of new players. of course they would need a link in there somewhere to the guide. I mean all of us old school utopia players know the biggest thing about getting new players in this game is getting them to understand how to play the game.
View Public Profile Visit essyweb's homepage Find more posts by essyweb Add essyweb to your Buddy List Reply with Quote