Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(25-Jul-2003 at 08:17)
new race(yeh again)

this race is supposed to be a very proud and independent race. they dont take insults well and they rely on their own strengths to get them by

Name: ?

Adv.
*access to all self-spells (cant get them cast by others)
*+20% food and rune production (they need this cuz independence)
*+25% honor gains (they are a very proud people and war is honroable)
*units cannot be captured into dungeons (the idea here is that if they were going to be captured they would kill themselves, death before dishonor)
*-25% training costs (they train on their own growing up)

Disadv.
*-25% birth rate (they are so independent that they mate just enough to prolong the species)
*no mercenaries (dishonorable for another man to fight your battle)
*only intelligence thief ops (they dont think theivery is honorable)
*cannot receive aid or elf-spells (they are independent and refuse aid even from their kingdom)PS i know that only kingdom sends aid :P
*+10% combat losses (due to the no-capture policy)

6/6 elite
$4000 (down to $3000 from the -25% training costs)

i know i took some of the things from other races, but the main idea is original tot he best of my knowledge

ok, this is just a sketch, helpful criticism is appreciated
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dunloc Add Dunloc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Silence)
(25-Jul-2003 at 08:49)
Add -10 Happiness; They are too proud to work for a Ruler!

Actually, I don't see any big unbalances with it, but I don't see it happening..

I mean, what strategy would you go for with them? Definately not thief considering you cut off that ability.
Can't be a great attacker, no mercs, +10 Combat Losses, maybe an explorer? But then what would the Honor advantage be used for?

My best idea of what I would go for with that race is an attacker, but I wouldn't choose it=/

Honest to say, I think it might need more advantages..
View Public Profile Find more posts by chewbacaca Add chewbacaca to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as eagle3)
(25-Jul-2003 at 08:54)
like the rpevious post...it looks like a race that could work out, but i dont see it happen, especially the 'no aid' is something i think mehul would never build in to a race
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ainumahtar Add Ainumahtar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jul-2003 at 12:25)

Maybe you should add:

Can't be successfully attacked (it is dishonorable to be defeated)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tobleronex Add Tobleronex to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as tsachi)
Donated $0.56
(25-Jul-2003 at 12:27)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Tobleronex)

Maybe you should add:

Can't be successfully attacked (it is dishonorable to be defeated)
yeah, maybe +20% combat losses cause they will fight till death/till they will win.

Last edited by Tsachi, 25-Jul-2003 at 12:28.
View Public Profile Visit Tsachi's homepage Find more posts by Tsachi Add Tsachi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.56
(25-Jul-2003 at 12:34)
they are just super dwarves with magic defence, (reflect, Miners M, Tree of gold, mystic vortex, fog, blah blah.
View Public Profile Find more posts by zarl2002 Add zarl2002 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jul-2003 at 15:22)

the reace needs a little bit of work if you want to implement , which yes we all know that i'll have 50 replyies saying mehul will never adda race, well no shit we know that but hey it's fun to think of them

Don't mess with the Dragon
Hup two three four , don't know how to count no more
View Public Profile Find more posts by Redragon Add Redragon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as FleDDo BL)
(25-Jul-2003 at 17:13)
Maybe you should add more unique, advantages and disadvantages. Since you stole like almost all of them from the other races.
View Public Profile Find more posts by FleD Add FleD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Jul-2003 at 17:20)
should have something like the naga race from frozen throne ...
View Public Profile Find more posts by desailly83 Add desailly83 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote