Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Discussions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(19-Mar-2017 at 21:26)
Is Utopia dead?

I tried to start a province again, after maybe 7 years of absence. Don't know why, to be honest. Utopia came into my brain, so I thought I'd go back and try it out.

Is there anyone here playing? Is it finally dead?

I know one thing for sure... Mitul is a smart man, he got out when it was at its peak

--------------------------
Great minds have purposes; little minds have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; great minds rise above them.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zoot Add Zoot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(19-Mar-2017 at 22:50)

Re: Is Utopia dead?

Originally Posted by Zoot: View Post
I tried to start a province again, after maybe 7 years of absence. Don't know why, to be honest. Utopia came into my brain, so I thought I'd go back and try it out.

Is there anyone here playing? Is it finally dead?

I know one thing for sure... Mitul is a smart man, he got out when it was at its peak
Are you Zoot from Absalom?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mentat Add Mentat to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Mar-2017 at 06:24)
Not dead.

LL seXus neXus
View Public Profile Visit titefuzz's homepage Find more posts by titefuzz Add titefuzz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Mar-2017 at 09:48)
Utopia temple sure looks deserted...

Last edited by SauronsPets, 27-Mar-2017 at 09:49.
View Public Profile Find more posts by SauronsPets Add SauronsPets to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Apr-2017 at 17:13)
I don't know why I just googled 'utopia game,' looking to see what was happening with this soul-devouring game. I haven't played it in over a decade, roughly. From the looks of it, nobody else is playing either.

Last edited by wodyo, 01-Apr-2017 at 17:13.
View Public Profile Find more posts by wodyo Add wodyo to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(24-Apr-2017 at 13:28)
Re: Is Utopia dead?

Originally Posted by wodyo: View Post
I don't know why I just googled 'utopia game,' looking to see what was happening with this soul-devouring game. I haven't played it in over a decade, roughly. From the looks of it, nobody else is playing either.
It has a small player base of about 2k now.

Newest owners aren't too bad actually.
View Public Profile Find more posts by bobalot Add bobalot to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.60
(30-Apr-2017 at 18:49)

June, 2016

Well. It's been since June since I logged into Utopia Temple, but I don't know if I'd join again the game again.

I looked through the player rankings and it looks like my old gang is still at the top of the charts, assuming that they kept their name. I don't think there would be a chance I'd join again, nonetheless.

If only the community had some interesting off-topic discussions on a regular basis.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Shekandar Add Shekandar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jun-2017 at 10:36)
keep on playing

wars are still a blast... after 18-19 years of off an on playing... i still love this game

bowchickabowow
View Public Profile Find more posts by heyshawn Add heyshawn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jun-2017 at 18:41)
hello Zoot. It seems to be running, i just checked the forums after maybe 10 years of absence since my retirement. Went under the nick of Sylver. Probably you remember my username as we had our shares of fights or talks back in the days.

From what i was reading on the forums, some familiar faces of Absalom are in the current administration. Zauper bought the game, AquaSeaFoam is strategy administrator on the forums. Shai is still around i think. Check with them. The old irc.utonet.org in mIRC is still up and running but looks deserted.

"Welcome, Seby
You last visited: 30-Sep-2007 ##:##"

Last edited by Seby, 17-Jun-2017 at 18:51.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Seby Add Seby to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(17-Jun-2017 at 21:57)

It's not dead [a friend of mine still plays, but I don't, so Randall won the bet with me ]. I think it's smaller than it was though. I kinda figured when Angel stopped updating it was gone, but apparently not. I think it's player-owned now? Or something like it.

This forum always had such a nice layout. Whenever I'm looking it I miss it and the people. Oh well.

Noble Lady Sarak ~~ King Was Throne Away
The most extragant idea that a politican can have is to believe that it is enough for a people to march into a foreign country, for that country to adopt its laws and constitution. No-one likes armed missionaries; and nature and prudence both teach us to repel armed missionaries as enemies.
~ Maximilien Robespierre; January 1792
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sarak Add Sarak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Sep-2017 at 18:53)

They should have made it android/OS app friendly when they had the chance , but for some really unknown reason they refused to and missed that boat in a big way.
There are now utopia clones with litually millions of people playing them.

From the outside looking in the game looks like its been stripped down to pretty much the hardcore and random returns .............. it was the social side of things that kept me playing for such a long time and that's now over.

Fear is the foundation of most governments
Five years of banning
04-Dec-2002 Starfriend Spamming
11-Dec-2007 Saint Sinner Off-Topic Post
Happy Wooden anniversary
View Public Profile Find more posts by HarleyQuinnROX Add HarleyQuinnROX to your Buddy List Reply with Quote