Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > The Lunatic Asylum

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $5.44
(27-Jan-2004 at 12:35)

Vampire : The Masquerade

Anyone here play ? And if so, what ?

I got a bunch of chars, mostly created years ago when I was playing in a (now largely dead) chatroom =]

Famous for nowty by nature
View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old HWG
(Posted as HereWeGo)
(27-Jan-2004 at 13:01)

I used to play along time ago.... the only chatroom I can think of is/was in the Eastwing of Chathouse.... and that died (as good as 2-3 years ago).. I remember having a great laugh though (I think the year was 96.... )

Been a very long time as said before.... Used to enjoy playing Brujah.... but can't scan my memory much further than that.

Moved on to Werewolf the Apocolypse(sp).... then left for Uni... so it's been like 4 years at least since I picked up a book(RPG).

EDIT: *Remembers saving up his non-existent cash to purchase VTM 2nd Edition.....* awwww those were the days.

*has flash backs*... Eeeeeek.... I also remember buying Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the RPG (think it was by Paladin) in the really early 90's..... now that was a surprisingly good game

SF, I love you I do!
Everytime someone gets warned, Starfriend cuddles a kitten. -V-
There is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home: AASQGASA

Last edited by HWG, 27-Jan-2004 at 13:03.
View Public Profile Find more posts by HWG Add HWG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2004 at 13:07)

i want to play but havent got the game iv only played the demo and i loved it

Official #la drunken bum and gun-nut
Ladies, does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
To Naz "Nacho, nacho man I've got to be, a nacho man Nacho, nacho man"
I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended. Cheers.
View Public Profile Visit Antikristuseke's homepage Find more posts by Antikristuseke Add Antikristuseke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old HWG
(Posted as HereWeGo)
(27-Jan-2004 at 13:13)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Antikristuseke)

i want to play but havent got the game iv only played the demo and i loved it
Demo? Are we talking about the same thing here?

SF, I love you I do!
There is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home: AASQGASA
View Public Profile Find more posts by HWG Add HWG to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2004 at 13:29)
Well the first RPG game I played was mage about 11 years ago, LOL since then I've played all of the Whitewolf games, that they have made.

OK I've played most of all the clans, but favourite's were Venture and Samedi.

Me and a friend wrote a cross-over game (ran with 2 storytellers) using Werewolf/Vampire/Risen/Mage, plus extra's stuff, like are own version of Immortals (ie Highlander's). It was fun,

Antikristuseke is talking about the Computer game LOL.

I've moved onto better RPG games now tho, like Sla and Space 1899 for example.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swiftclaw Add Swiftclaw to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2004 at 13:30)
I believe the demo will have been for V:tM Redemption, a computer game based (very loosely, as far as I can see) on the RPG.
In terms of the RPG, I play in a LARP at uni, I'm one of the Malkavians. It's especially useful as people always seem to forget how long I've been playing this character (I've now been playing him for one of the longest of anyone managing to keep a current character, but that's only a little over a year), as he tends not to get involved in politics etc, despite being Malkavian Primogen.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Truthseeker Add Truthseeker to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(27-Jan-2004 at 14:32)

The computer game blows chunks. Seriously.

_

Let's see... small list of Characters I developed over the years...

Masgar - 5th or 6th (I think) generation Gangrel, lived in the Schwarzwald. Most striking features - high level Potence, higher level Protean (Mantle of Bestial Majesty), Ruse of the Wolf's Clothing and a nice Werewolf friend.

Simen Hestnaes - 6th or 7th (through Diablerie) Generation Gangrel, Sabbat Templar

Marduk - 10th Gen Brujah. Tainted with the Abyss. (Got chucked into the Abyss and brought back.) Huge fan of his double bladed axe (need at least strength 6 or Potence 1 to lift it), forged by Masgar.

Duilliath - 8th Gen Ravnos. Can't exactly remember what the name for it was, but she mostly used Chimestry through music - instilling emotions that way.

Have a bunch of 'younger' chars too, but most of them are fairly high powered due to the demands of that particular room.

Had a Troll Berserker too, who was fun

Even designed my own clan. Not sure if I still have all the info on that online somewhere... should have it somewhere on my harddisk.

View Public Profile Visit Aerath's homepage Find more posts by Aerath Add Aerath to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Brother Nazgul)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(27-Jan-2004 at 14:38)

I used to play, many years ago... feels like in a different life.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Pegster NI)
(27-Jan-2004 at 14:51)
I've played it a little.

It's fun

Pegster- Vanquisher of animals, wrestler of humans and succumber to high heels!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Pegster Add Pegster to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(27-Jan-2004 at 15:16)

bah
*drags his n00b ass out of here*

Official #la drunken bum and gun-nut
Ladies, does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
To Naz "Nacho, nacho man I've got to be, a nacho man Nacho, nacho man"
I don't respect your beliefs and I don't care if you're offended. Cheers.
View Public Profile Visit Antikristuseke's homepage Find more posts by Antikristuseke Add Antikristuseke to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.00
(27-Jan-2004 at 15:38)

Yearh I used to play too. I played on mIRC some time ago. Buts it was too hard to get a proper game going.

The system is basic, but the setting is really really good.

-------------------------------
Lets face it - Im Evil
View Public Profile Find more posts by Moonbow Add Moonbow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(27-Jan-2004 at 16:10)

Wondering if it's at all possible to set up a game of V:tM within the confines of the temple.

Old HWG
(Posted as HereWeGo)
(27-Jan-2004 at 17:11)

Might be a laugh.... I'd be up for it... would have to rack my brains.... but yeah.. would be a laugh

SF, I love you I do!
Donated $5.44
(27-Jan-2004 at 19:08)

I think that through PMs etc you could do a LOT of sneaky stuff...

Old HWG
(Posted as HereWeGo)
(27-Jan-2004 at 19:14)

So, the idea is brewing then? Keep us posted mate =D

SF, I love you I do!
Donated $5.44
(27-Jan-2004 at 19:45)

I might just decide to create a setting...

Would like to know if more people are interested in roleplaying it out though...

Donated $2.00
(27-Jan-2004 at 20:40)

As you know, I'm a newbie in RPG in general, and have only played Vampire once, but I could give it a try...

Surface of Velvet, Core of Steel
Abuser of smileys
View Public Profile Find more posts by Liselle Add Liselle to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(27-Jan-2004 at 20:43)

And that's three

Good going =] We'll need a few more people though, or some folks will have to run more than one character =]

Signed up so far :

Aerath
HereWeGo
Liselle

*boogies*

Donated $5.36
(27-Jan-2004 at 20:49)

Does signing up require any prior knowledge of the game?

If not, I'm in.

If so...well, you get the idea.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.44
(27-Jan-2004 at 21:19)

Not a great deal.

I will go and try to find a few links for people to read up on things, but you won't need a great deal of knowledge on the actual game system, since there won't be any dice roles.

You can try to see if you can grab hold of a source book in Kazaa or so for now (or just buy it ).

You will need a few things at least

1) a good imagination (to keep the story or the action going )
2) a character. I used to have a character design program, will check if I can find that. This does include having the designed character + a small history available for review, preferably uploaded on a site or so.
3) some basic knowledge of the various Disciplines and terms. These can be found on the net for sure.

__

Note, I am not likely to have anything completed before the weekend... creating a bunch of characters to populate a town with and creating the town/grounds/etc etc is a bit of a hassle, even if I don't have to make it overly detailed.

If possible, when you sign up, also post what sort of character you are -likely- to play. Particularly the distinction between Sabbat, Camarilla or Free is rather important.

// edit : Nazgul mentioned that IRC might be a nice place to incorpate into the game as well (if people want to, of course), as you can have the battles in Real Time.

Last edited by Aerath, 27-Jan-2004 at 21:24.