Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Other Games' Forums > World of Warcraft

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(05-Dec-2010 at 04:23)

3 more Days

3 more days for cata.

Did anyone preorder it?
Anyone not getting it?

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Dec-2010 at 05:36)

Im just going to buy it on the day via digital download - saves the hassle of having to drive an hour to the nearest shop that would have it

First action on cata: Make a worgen rogue
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Dec-2010 at 06:40)

I'm just gonna get it a couple days late. Not really aiming for realm first 85 so I'll survive.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Dec-2010 at 11:03)

I'm not getting it. After being bored with wow for like a year, I quit it a few months ago. Feels awesome. No more grinding or logging in because I feel I 'have to do X today' (transmuting, daily dungeon, etc.).

And I finally have time for other games

But I hope you guys have a fantastic time. Good luck with messed up Azeroth. It was fine when I left it!

---
--

(Hey Hopey!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lunor Add Lunor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Dec-2010 at 14:53)

With my work schedule I wont be really able to play until the weekend but the first thing Im gonna do is get an alt to 85... maybe a new main for me...

Never Forget

September 11, 2001

Last edited by Invictus2001, 05-Dec-2010 at 14:53.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invictus2001 Add Invictus2001 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
(05-Dec-2010 at 17:38)

I'll get it on the day and start levelling.

Won't touch worgen until I've got an 85 I don't think. Would rather see the new content than the usual levelling zones (albeit changed) + Gilneas.

........Why does the thin grey strand......Ah, you will understand;.......................I should find, for a reprimand
.......Floating up from the forgotten......When I carried my mother downstairs,.....To my gaiety, a few long grey hairs
......Cigarette between my fingers,......A few times only, at the beginning..........On the breast of my coat; and one by one
.....Why does it trouble me?.............Of her soft-foot malady,.......................I watched them float up the dark chimney.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Swifty Add Swifty to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(20-Jan-2011 at 01:47)

So more then a month on, how is everyone finding things?

I was overjoyed at the damage frost mages are now able to do. However my joy turned to sadness when I saw the latest patch notes and hot fixes >.< Back to fire it seems :-( New spells: Frostfire orb is so handy if a little tricky to work. Frost ring is handy in pvp situations and TW is handy for boss fights.

I like worgens and the starting zones. A real rich story and background to it with a spooky feel (Not dark enough for my tastes but im kinda twisted ) However the "setting" for the worgens (how they are dressed/act/speak) I find hilarious as well as original. Just sad that we have no starting capital

On the subject of new zones: I quite like them. With the exception of Vash'jir. Its a good idea but im sorry....i Hate it >.>
Completed all the Deepholm quests which was fun (for rep mostly >.>) and working on Hyal now (for more rep >.>)

I HATE TOL BARAD battleground. Im not going to rant or rave beyond saying that. However the pennisula part (where each faction does its daily quests) is cool enough.

I like the new guild system. Rewards guilds a lot more and encourages people to join guilds.

Dungeons - Awesome They are hard but as dps i slack off most of the time anyways Its interesting to have to use tactics and strats and communication (OH NOES!) now instead of just blowing past everything like its not even worth our time.

Jewelcrafting profession....More or less the same. I dont like the high cost of fire prism but oh well....Our "epic" recipes that cost 5 tokens (5 dailies) arent worth crap when I can pick up more or less the same gear in dungeons or w/ high rep with certain factions.

Overall a nice mini-expansion
View Public Profile Find more posts by Celtic22 Add Celtic22 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2011 at 00:35)
Sounds similar to my thoughts so far.

Tol Barad - Starting to get a bit more into, it's a good challange to try and take over.

Instances - With the exception to Stonecore Heroic, I like them. Stonecore Heroic I just find to be a nuisance as there are so many insta-kill mechanics.

Raids - Only done a few bosses so far, but they are great. Back to the old original wow days where it's a real challange.

Twin Peaks and Battle for Gilneas - Pretty fun new battlegrounds.

The only thing I've found tough so far is mana as a healer in big, big fights. Wouldn't change it mind you, it takes a lot of work to keep enough mana to keep healing, and I like it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2011 at 04:41)

Mage pets - don't attack CC'd targets
Hunter pets - don't attack CC'd targets
DK pets - don't attack CC'd targets
Warlock pets - Whiplash, Lash of Pain / Legion Strike, Pursuit / Firebolt anything you look at wrong... Had to freaking macro a petpassive button to my fear and petdefensive to my filler.

I enjoy Tol barad, except the few whiny twats who complain about losing when attacking like they expect to win every time. So far I've won twice attacking (at evening times) and haven't done the new bg's yet (working on pvp gear first). I love most of the new heroics (still haven't got the hang of grim batol yet since every group I get quits on it). Love the new guild system and Worgen's have a very fun starting zone IMO. I also really like the designs of these new stone drakes.

that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2011 at 09:16)

Oh yeah, and 12 button rotation... not cool.

that can be fixed... /
(22-Jan-2011 at 05:21)

Originally Posted by The Killer: View Post
Instances - With the exception to Stonecore Heroic, I like them. Stonecore Heroic I just find to be a nuisance as there are so many insta-kill mechanics.
I find the stonecore quite easy to be honest. Besides that %!*#@ Beauty and her pups.
Quote:
Twin Peaks and Battle for Gilneas - Pretty fun new battlegrounds
Twin Peaks, Ive played a few times and are pretty cool. Battle for Gilneas reminds me to much of Arathi Basin...

Quote:
The only thing I've found tough so far is mana as a healer in big, big fights. Wouldn't change it mind you, it takes a lot of work to keep enough mana to keep healing, and I like it.
Agreed. My frost mage runs out at least once in a boss fight which isn't to bothersome, and quite a challenge tbh but I have yet to try any fights on HC with my fire spec which is looking quite scary...

Originally Posted by Greeney: View Post
I love most of the new heroics (still haven't got the hang of grim batol yet since every group I get quits on it).
Wrath babies FTL!

Havent completed that or Vortex Pinnacle on heroic but it never comes up in the RDF for some reason.....I can imagine Grim batol getting quite sticky though.

Quote:
Love the new guild system and Worgen's have a very fun starting zone IMO.
Havent rolled a Green Gnome Goblin yet then? Ive heard their starting area is like a sandbox play style kind of place meant to be fun rather then story intensive like Gilneas.
(22-Jan-2011 at 20:26)
Quote:
I find the stonecore quite easy to be honest. Besides that %!*#@ Beauty and her pups.
That one is Blackrock Caverns mate. Stonecore is the one with the big stone monster thing that can one shot the tank if they don't move very quickly from the shatter. As long as the tank moves correctly, it's easy for the dps and healer side.
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Killer Add The Killer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(22-Jan-2011 at 22:28)

Re: 3 more Days

Originally Posted by The Killer: View Post
That one is Blackrock Caverns mate. Stonecore is the one with the big stone monster thing that can one shot the tank if they don't move very quickly from the shatter. As long as the tank moves correctly, it's easy for the dps and healer side.
Sorry I mixed them up (was in both earlier that day...)

But ya I still find them easy
First boss - all you need is someone with decent AoE
Second - Simple Tactics
Third - Harder tactics but still doable
Last - ost fun aactually. We usually try and form a line of shadow circle things for her followers to dive into

However the tunnels between boss one and two can get hairy if someone mis-pulls
(24-Jan-2011 at 03:57)

Stonecore first boss is a pain in the ass for me, love the rest of them in their though. Downed Magmaw and Conclave of Wind yesterday, got 3 359 pieces in one day and now I'll be able to sell pants for 8k gold.

that can be fixed... /

Last edited by Greeney, 24-Jan-2011 at 03:57.
(19-Feb-2011 at 16:22)

I shut down my wow acct

Too many issues with my vid card causing my screen to flash and jump when I play

Never Forget

September 11, 2001
(21-Feb-2011 at 07:53)

Re: 3 more Days

Originally Posted by Invictus2001: View Post
I shut down my wow acct

Too many issues with my vid card causing my screen to flash and jump when I play
I had that with my old computer. I assure you, based on what happened to mine, you did the right thing.

that can be fixed... /

Last edited by Greeney, 21-Feb-2011 at 07:53.