Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(09-Sep-2002 at 19:01)
sunglasses Point Based Racial Construction

Okay, I came up with this idea, and the general summary is:

You make your own race.

Not, the eight standard races are still used, but their starting and ending potential bonuses are somewhat different. It is probably easier to show first then explain.

I. Starting Bonuses

Human: +5% Income; +5% Science Max
Elf: +10% Magic Effectiveness
Dwarf: +5% Draft Rate
Orc: +5% Max Population
Faery: +5% Magic Effectiveness, +5% Thievery Eff.
Halfings: +10% Thievery Effectiveness
Avians: -10% Attack Time
Undead: No Food Needed

all of these are probably self explanatory, except dwarves and undead - dwarves get a better draft due to the fact that I couldnt think of a good default bonus, Undead: see below

This bonuses are default and thus, while they cn be increased, they can never be removed/negated/lowered.

II. Points per Bonus
Three sections: Generic Bonus, Race Specific Bonuses, ELite Construction. All Races start with +5 points. Max of 4 different Bonuses and 4 Different Penalties, Total Point Cap at -100/+100. Bonus/Penalty caps at 40%.
For any point unspent (i.e. negative Numbers), that race has a raw +(# of points)% to military strength (yes, you cn double your military, hate to see your disadvantages though). You cannot create the race if your point total is below 0.

IIA. Generic Bonuses
these bonuses can either be in the positive or the negative, negative values give points, positive value takes points.
Income: 5 points per +/- 5%
Science Max: 5 points per +/- 5%
Magic Effectiveness: 5 points per +/- 5%
Maximum Population: 5 points per +/- 2.5%
Thievery Effectiveness: 5 points per +/- 5%
Attack Time: 5 points per +/- 5%
Food Production: 5 points per +/- 10%
Rune Production: 5 points per +/- 5%
Draft Rate: 5 points per +/- 5%
Training Time: 5 points per +/- 5%
Military Cost: 5 points per +/- 5%
Construction Time: 5 points per +/- 5%
Construction/Raze Cost: 5 points per +/- 5%
Combat Losses: 5 points per +/- 5%
Spell Costs: 5 points per +/- 5%
Elite Conversion: 5 points per +/- 2.5%

These bonuses/penalties can only be selected once

-1 General: +15 points
Cannot Use Mercs: +15 Points
Cannot Use War Horses: +15 Points
Racial Foe: -20 Points (explained in post #3)

IIB. Race Specific Bonuses
These bonuses are only available to a given race, all take points and are available only once. (whenever a minus appears, subtracts that number from total points) Some have different levels of effects, these effects cannot be added together (i.e. Homes can be either %*.5, %*.75 or %, not %*2.25 for -70 points)

Human:
-50% Science Cost: -20 points
Stable Population: +5% per -5 points
Production(Rune, Food, Income): +5% per -10 points

Elf:
Purchasable Wizards:2000gc: -15 points;
--------------------1000gc: -20 points;
--------------------500gc: -25 points
Improved War Horses: +5% per -5 points
Permanant Fog: -25 points

Dwarf:
+1 Off Spec: -15 Points
Double Blacksmith Effects: -20 Points
Triple Mine Output: -30 Points

Orc:
Combat Gains: +5% per -5 points
Improved Massacre, Plunder, Learn: -15 points
Racial Foe: -20 Points

Faery:
Access to All Spells: -20 points
Double Wizard Training: -15 points
-25% Self Mage Losses: -10 points

Halfing:
Thief Tarinig Cost: -100gc per -10 points
Thief Operation Gains: +5 per -10 points
-25% Self Thief Losses: -10 points

Avian:
Homes: %*.5: -10 points; %*.75: -20 points; %: -40
+1 Off Spec: -10 points
+1 Def Spec: -15 points

Undead:
Immune to Plague: -10 points
Spread Plague: -20 points
Double Combat Loss Bonus: -5 points/-20 points

IIC. Elite Construction
All races Elites are defaulted to 5/5

Lower Offense to 3: +15 points
Lower Offense to 4: +10 points
Raise Offense to 6: -10 points
Raise Offense to 7: -35 points

Lower Defense to 3: +20 Points
Lower Defense to 4: +15 points
Raise Defense to 6: -15 Points
Raise Defense to 7: -45 Points

i.e. A Offense of 7 would cost a total of -45 points, while a Defense of 7 would cost a total -55 Points, A Offense of 3 would give a total of +25 points, A Defense of 3 would gice a total of +35 points. A 7/7 Elite would cost 100 points, just to let you know =).

III. Explanations
Ammendum to all scaling bonuses: upper and lower limits at 40%
Ammendum to Undead Double COmbat Loss bonus

Undead
Yes they can be affected by the plague if they dont select sage or their bonus. Yes they can spread the plague if they are not immune to it, and it doesnt mean they continuously have it.
Double Comabt Loss Bonus: 5 points if result under limit, 20 points if above. Note: This is the only way to exceed the 40% limit, in which case, the base bonus (i.e. the generic one) is still limited by the 40%, thus effectively making 80% the max in this case
They can have at most an -80% combat loss, they have to spend 40 points on Combat loss bonus (max) and then pay 20 to double their bonus. P.s. if they really want to double their negative combat loss bonus, I suppose it would give a -20 in that case.

Avians: homes cannot be stacked, i.e. one or the other or the other, 1/2 cost 10 points total, 3/4 cost 20 points total, 1 cost 40 points total

Thief/Mage Self spell loss: applies to explosions, captured thieves (yours), any attack that targets thieves/wizards (AW, Massacre, Progpaganda, ect.)

Double Wizard Training: 2% chance to train 2 wizards

Racial Foe: Prov A has Racial Foe if targeting a racial foe, all spells, ops, attacks include +10% Losses on Prov A (icludes combat, thief losses, explosions), +15% Losses on Foes province (includes combat, massacres, fireballs, ect) and +5% gains/effects on all attacks/spells/ops (i.e. MS last longer and does more, more land captured/razed, ect.) Limit of one Racial Foe per province (except orcs who can have 2 Different Foes, cannot pick Avian twice for double effect) cumulative with Sage vs. Undead

Double BlackSMith Effects: maximums stay the same, effectively lowers # of building required to get max

Triple Mine Output: Produce 150gc per day normally (That total is Affected by MM)

Purchasbable wizard: can buy at 500gc each for -25 points, can buy at 1000gc each for -10 points, ect.

Improved Warhorses: i.e. has +20% War horses, horses are +1.2

Permanent Fog: Fog is always casted, if Dispelled by MV, recovers within 2-7 Utopian Days (random)

Stable Pop: i.e. +25%, 125 horses per stable

Production: effectively +X% to Income, Food Production, Rune Production. Cumulative with the single bonus. I.e. a Human with +20% Prodcution & Income, Food/Rune Production would have the Limit of +40% to those Productions. Note: Cannot exceed the limit of +40% even when combining.

Elite: Yes I do make it "possible" to make a 7/7 elite, but a race with a 7/7 elite would need something like
No Advantages
Disadvantages
+25% Combat Losses
+25% Construction Time
+25% Military Cost
-10.5% Max Pop (5*2.5 for 25 points)
7/7 Elite

While still effective, this combo is not invincible. Note, this combo has no other advantages besides the elite (which I admit is a good one). Possibly need to lower the max points to +/- 75 or so, that way a 7/7 elite could only work if including horses.

This system still needs work, too much for me to balance by myself, but I think it would be fun to play it.

Ideas to make Adv/Dis/Elite #'s/Points unspent visible.

For your own province: Additional Advisor or one of the current ones

For other provinces
New Thief Op
New Spell

Parlay (needs better name). Basically the same as a TM, except that the generals take 2x as long to return from the battle. All three need to be added to allow anybody to get this information.

okay, done for know, any suggestions?

I may be wacko, but I am certainly not Dot
View Public Profile Find more posts by verdash Add verdash to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Sep-2002 at 22:51)
IIC. ammendum: error in my example, Lowering to 3 give +15/+20 (Off/Def)

II. ammendum: if unspent points are present, adds to (#points/5)% only if there are 3 or less bonuses

View Public Profile Find more posts by verdash Add verdash to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(09-Sep-2002 at 23:06)

Can anyone say Master of Orion 2?
I like that idea overall, but it isn't that good for a massive-multiplayer-online-strategy-game: It's just way too complex!
You said it yourself: it's hard to balance...

Maybe you could offer this system to Mehul, so he finally makes balanced races?

Oh, and can you make it more clear how many points you could spend?

Firemage
chief-smiler and leader of the smily-lover alliance ^__^
I once thought "The girl of my dreams is somewhere out there". Now I know where she lives!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Firemage Add Firemage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Zhuge Liang)
Donated $1.28
(10-Sep-2002 at 01:23)

The problem is that people would just give themselves attacking disadvantages if they are explorers, and vise-versa...

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as CO Eagle)
(10-Sep-2002 at 01:48)

Well, isn't that what ppl do wen dey choose races anywayz?

View Public Profile Visit Wrathbringer's homepage Find more posts by Wrathbringer Add Wrathbringer to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Sep-2002 at 14:09)
Firemage - thats actually a good idea =). It is no where near "refined" though.

as for the number cap.
All races start out with 0 points.
10 points worth of "free" bonuses (unable to lower/negate/remove them, but can be increased)
can take up to 75 points worth of disadvantages
can spend up to 75 points worth of advantages
Elite Numbers are capped at 3-7/3-7
posiibly start elites at 5/5, another value would be 4/4, but then it would be impossible to even make the current races (i.e. halfer has to spend at least 5 to make the elits, and they have no disadvantages, of course, you probably couldnt make most of the current races anyways-why, because there is no balance to them =) )

Zhuge Liang - that means they are forever stuck with an exploring strat, once people found out about it, let their kingdommates know and I guarantee that explorer wont be growing much, he will have to rely on other people to protect. Especially for the ones who take mass offensive bonuses (Avian +1/+1 Homes: Pop growth +%, still have 10 points left to spend with max disadvantages...scary, surprised nobody thought of that one, they could even not pick the No warhorses and have a potential 6 spec with a 6/5 elite at no cost with a 5 def spec)

I know the system needs tweaking, but so far I think Firemage has the idea, give the system to Mehul so he can construc the races and help lmit these extreme strats, my favorite was

Avian
5/5 Elite
5/0 Off Spec
0/5 Def Spec

Adv (Total: 10+15+40+10 = 75)
+1 Off
+1 Def
Homes Provide +% growth (not 1/3)
-20% Attack Time (increase starting bonus)

Dis (Total:
+25% Construction Cost
+25% Training Time
+25% Spell Cost
-25% Elite Conversion

Net Result
Huge amounts of specs, 5/0 and 0/5: Warhorses = 6 off per spec, SPEC (no evil grinning face ), downside, I take longer to build and train, and my spells cost more, and I dont get many elites, but wait, I dont really need them, run a 70% home 10% Farm 15% Stable 5% Guild Shepard strat and I get big amounts of troops at 5/0 0/5 +1 off, who needs the 5/5 Elite?, the opnes I get can just make more room , that would be a fun age

As for the MOO2 Comment awesome game and completey forgot about while making this, your right it does bear similarities.

Donated $0.52
(10-Sep-2002 at 16:04)

MoO2 is one of my favourite games, also because of the race-creation system. But there was one advantage that was just WAY too powerful, no matter how many picks it took: Creative!
With that you got everything from science you could research. Usually you only got a third of it.

The same could happen to the homes-bonus.
Imagine: Usually with 30% homes you hold 10% more population on your lands.
If you spend 40 points on the homes bonus you would a bonus of 30%. With that I would go with probably 75% homes, and would build the rest of the land with stables and farms, assuming I would also take the specs-bonus.
That would be unbeatable! Sure you could still be harmed by T/Ms...

Firemage
I once thought "The girl of my dreams is somewhere out there". Now I know where she lives!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Firemage Add Firemage to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Sep-2002 at 14:18)
sunglasses In refeference to those super strats

I will make a slight change, before I said that you could only get a max of +/-40% in any bonus/penalty; changing it to can spend/earn at most 40 points in any one bonus/penalty, keeping the 75 point total limit. So bonus like draft can only go up to +/-20%.
Plus, each race has its own set of bonuses to choose from, going off the numbered list down at the bottom of the post

Bonuses to start, cannot be lowered/negated/removed, counts to maximum number of different bonuses (i.e. humans can only pick 2 more)
Human: +5% Income; +5% Science Max
Elf: +10% Magic Effectiveness
Dwarf: +5% Draft Rate
Orc: +5% Max Population
Faery: +5% Magic Effectiveness, +5% Thievery Eff.
Halfings: +10% Thievery Effectiveness
Avians: -10% Attack Time
Undead: No Food Needed

*Note: #17,18,19 (-1general, no merc, no horse) are available to all races as possible penalties
*Note: All race specific bonuses can never be a penalty, i.e. Horse effectiveness cannot be negat to earn points.

Human:
-40% Science Cost: -20 points
Stable Population: +5% per -5 points
Production(Rune, Food, Income): +5% per -10 points
*Note: Stacks with other bonuses, i.e. +20% production + 10% income = net +30 Income, result from racial bonus hits limit at 50%
Bonus Set To Pick From:1, 2, 11, 13, 15

Elf:
Purchasable Wizards:2000gc: -15 points;
--------------------1000gc: -20 points;
--------------------500gc: -25 points
Improved War Horses: +5% per -5 points
Permanant Fog: -25 points
Bonus Set to Pick From: 3, 10, 14, 15, 16

Dwarf:
+1 Off Spec: -15 Points
Double Blacksmith Effects: -20 Points
Triple Mine Output: -20 Points
Bonus Set to Pick From: 7, 9, 11, 12, 16

Orc:
Combat Gains: +5% per -5 points
Improved Massacre, Plunder, Learn: -15 points
Double Opponent Combat Losses: -15 Points
*Note: Includes all modifiers but does not double the modifiers, doubles the result
Bonus Set to Pick from: 3, 4, 5, 6, 9

Faery:
Double Wizard Training Rate: -15 points
*Note: 2% chance for 2 wizards for each guild per day
Bonus Set to Pick From: 3, 4, 5, 14, 18

Halfing:
Thief Trainig Cost: -100gc per -10 points
Thief Operation Gains: +5 per -10 points
-25% Self Thief Losses: -10 points
Bonus Set to Pick From: 1, 5, 7, 12, 13

Avian:
Homes: %*1/2: -10 points; %*3/4: -20 points; %*1: -55 points
+1 Off Spec: -15 points
+1 Def Spec: -20 points
Bonus Set to Pick From: 6, 10, 11, 15, 16

Undead:
Immune to Plague: -10 points
Spread Plague: -20 points
Double Combat Loss Bonus: + or - 5 or 20 points
*(If Combat Bonus is a Penalty, adds points, If Bonus subtracts points. 5 points if bonus is result bonus/penalty is equal to or under 40%, 20 points if greater then 40%)
Bonus Set to Pick From: 2, 8, 9, 10, 14

Bonus Set

1. Income: 5 points per +/- 5%
2. Science Max: 5 points per +/- 5%
3. Magic Effectiveness: 5 points per +/- 5%
4. Maximum Population: 5 points per +/- 2.5%
5. Thievery Effectiveness: 5 points per +/- 5%
6. Attack Time: 5 points per +/- 5%
7. Food Production: 5 points per +/- 10%
8. Rune Production: 5 points per +/- 5%
9. Draft Rate: 5 points per +/- 5%
10. Training Time: 5 points per +/- 5%
11. Milatary Cost: 5 points per +/- 5%
*Note: Military Cost deos not include thief cost
12. Construction Time: 5 points per +/- 5%
13. Construction/Raze Cost: 5 points per +/- 5%
14. Combat Losses: 5 points per +/- 5%
15. Spell Costs: 5 points per +/- 5%
16. Elite Conversion: 5 points per +/- 2.5%

Available to All Races
17. -1 General: +15
18. No Mercanaries: +15
19. No War Horses: +15

There, I think the sci+pop bonus cannot work now, as no race has both, avians with there special homes do no get pop or sci bonus, most of the "bonus" selected for the given race are there current penaltyies, they are there to allow the races to take penalties in order to make more bonuses available, but they can be used for bonuses if desired, all races have 0 points to start, pre-selsected bonuses worth 10 points, at least 4 scalable "bonus" to earn points.

Elites Revision
All Elites start at 4/5 (since all can have horse, all can have effective 5/5

Off:
Level 0 - 4
Level 1 - 3,5
Level 2 - 6
Level 3 - 7

Def:
Level 0 - 5
Level 1 - 4,6
Level 2 - 3,7

Off range: 3-7; Def Range: 2-7
Cost:
Off: Level*15
Def: Level*15

7/7 costs 45+30 = 75
3/3 earns 15+30 = 45

lowering stats is not as effective as raising them, hence raising is "worth" more points.

How is this?

Note: Avian point cost was modified, If taking the max home bonus, you only get 20 points to spend (most likely off or def spec)

(12-Sep-2002 at 05:30)
I think this is a good idea, with a few minor problems that can easily be fixed.

1) If you can change defensive values or add a defensive bonus to troops (or even change defensive elite values), it becomes necessary to assume the worst on attacks or put it on a CB/SoM. To simplify this, remove any + to defensive military strength, +1 to defensive spec, or elite defensive changes. The elite strengths on defense will be (offenses can be changed, default to 5 for all races, rough estimates):
Faeries - 7 (more military point inflation)
Humans, Dwarves - 6
Undead, Elves, Halflings - 5
Avians, Orcs - 4

In accordance with this, races have different base points. Faeries obviously have the worst, -30 maybe, and avians have the most (orcs still have the +5% population as base), maybe +30.
View Public Profile Find more posts by apower1 Add apower1 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Sep-2002 at 15:00)
apower1 - I was think along the lines of a new op/spell that would reveal
A). Points Unspent (i.e. /5 to get + to military strength)
B). Advantages Selected Including strength
C). Disadvantages Selected Including strength
D). Chosen Elite Value

that way all of the infomation can be discovered, was even think of making the op/spell relatively easy, of cours it is available to all races.

as for the Elite
if I start Farreis at 7, and give them -30 points what is the difference of starting them at 5 with 0 points?, Note: this assumes that the value can be changed, which if it eventually gets to the point that it is not workable, then I could see doing something like that. But until then I have a slight modification to to do elite construction

Off:
Level 0 - 4
Level 1 - 3,5
Level 2 - 6
Level 3 - 7

Def:
Level 0 - 5
Level 1 - 4,6
Level 2 - 3,7

Off range: 3-7; Def Range: 2-7
Cost:
Off: Level*15 or *10
Def: Level*15 or *15 + 5

3/5: +15 or +10 points
3/6: +00 or -10 Points
3/7: -15 or -25 Points
4/4: +15 or +20 Points
4/6: -15 or -20 Points
4/7: -30 or -35 Points
5/3: +15 or +25 Points
5/4: +00 or +10 Points
5/5: -15 or -10 Points
5/7: -30 or -45 Points
6/3: +00 or +15 Points
6/4: -15 or +00 Points
6/5: -30 or -20 Points
6/6: -45 or -40 Points
6/7: -60 or -55 Points
7/3: -15 or +05 Points
7/4: -30 or -10 Points
7/5: -45 or -30 Points
7/6: -60 or -50 Points
7/7: -75 or -65 Points

which of the two is better? For all elite values not shown the results were the same. I personally like the 10/(15+5) mehod better, getting a 7/7 elite doenst stock you up on bonuses, but at least you have something besides 10 freebie points and a 7/7 elites (which is not bad, but how are you going to get them?)

(12-Sep-2002 at 17:09)

this is a very well thought out idea, i kinda like it, although it'll be a bia+ch to implement and have all the calculations done out correctly (and i think whomever that makes Angel is gonna spend a whole week to remodel it).

also there are ways ppl can be overpowered, say if i just picked dwarf w/ the 3/7 elite (-25), with +1 off spec (-15)
-50% military cost (-50)

-25-15-50=-85

now i still have -15 points left, say i get a 7.5% bonus to pop.

Dwarf
=====

5/0 off spec (6/0 w/ horsies)
0/4 def spec
3/7 elite
-50% military cost (elites $2250, w/ max arms $1125)
+7.5% pop

with this i can train elites easily under 1000 acres, and not have any d.specs, i would only attack w/ off specs, and they would cost $125 ($63 w/ max arms).

now isn't that a little bit overpowered ??

" 'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool than
to open one's mouth and remove all doubts"

[color=sky blue]"Buck Futter!!!" - SNL [/color]
View Public Profile Find more posts by I0n St0rM Add I0n St0rM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(12-Sep-2002 at 18:33)

You forget one thing Ion Storm: Only Avians could raise the values of their specs!

Firemage
(13-Sep-2002 at 14:46)
slight problems with your Dwarf, mostly because I seem to have trouble getting the point across. =), but you are right, some "extreme" strats are still allowed and can be effective, thats is way all races have to take some disadvantages in order to get any new advantages.

Dwarf
1. Yes you can do a +1 to Off spec (firemage-Dwarves get +1 off spec also, reflects them being strong litle buggers =) )

2. Cap of 40 points spent in any bonus, so only -40% military cost

3. Point caps at 75, can only take 75 points of diadvantages, can only spend 75 points of Bonuses (already fixed with #2, now yer at 75)

4. I see no disdvantages along with that, you need to have 75 points worth to balance your character, all races start with 0 points and cannot be created with negative points

5. Dwarves cannot choose the pop bonus, match numbers with list for available bonus that can be picked

I am found of this one
Avian Shepard
4/5 Elite
Homes: %*3/4 (-20 Points)
+1 Off Spec (-15 Points)
+1 Def Spec (-20 Points)
-30% Attack Time (Starts at 10, so only -20 Points)

-40% Elite Training (+40 Points)
+35% Spell Cost (+35 Points)

Total Points: 40+35-20-15-20-20 = 0, balanced

Strat: something like
60% Homes
10% Farms(or less, if less put into Towers)
5% Guilds
2.5% Towers
20% Stables
2.5% Dungeons

Large Pop, Train Specs, dont use armories cause I dont want elites at all, Shepard Lowers Farm total, guilds and towers for basic wizzie protection and CB runes, Stables to supplement my larg Off Spec Population =), Burn my homes and farms and I am toast however. =)

(Posted as Obi2Kenobi)
Donated $1.28
(14-Sep-2002 at 18:10)

teeth

I had made the perfect explorer lay-out... and I can't find it now. I thought I had posted it here. But, I like the idea.

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and if it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
~Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
View Public Profile Visit obi2kenobi's homepage Find more posts by obi2kenobi Add obi2kenobi to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Sep-2002 at 21:28)

verdash: you could also give your avians 3/5 elites and get a +10/+15 which you can use on something else.

my dwarf
========

5/0 off spec (-15)
3/7 elite (-15/-25)
-40% military cost (-40)

-50% food (+25)
+40% construction (+40)
-5%/-15% draft (+5/+15) <--depending on which elite value you use, it might just cancel out racial bonus.

" 'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool than
to open one's mouth and remove all doubts"

[color=sky blue]"Buck Futter!!!" - SNL [/color]
View Public Profile Find more posts by I0n St0rM Add I0n St0rM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.52
(17-Sep-2002 at 23:25)

Oh, didn't see, that you've given dwarves also the possibilty to get better off-specs. Sorry!

I made my own feary race, but actually that doesn't look really powerful...

+15% Magic -10
+5% Thievery

Pros
Access to all spells -20
-25% self mage losses -10
+7.5% population bonus -15

Cons
+40% combat losses +40
No mercenaries +15

Elites 3/6 -10

I thought, protecting my wizzies a bit from thieves is better than producing them fast. Also I got rid of one of the worst disadvantages of fearies and made it an advantage: population! ^__^
Btw, why can't chose fearies tan income bonus? That's one of their most typical disadvantages!

Firemage
(18-Sep-2002 at 06:00)
because of the all powerful will of the TYPO

if you check faerries

3,4,5,14,18, well 18 is the Mercenaries, and all races can choose the general, merc, horse penalty (17,18,19)

so in fact, faerries have one short, my bad

the fix:

Ammendum: Faerrie Bonus Set
1, 3, 4, 5, 14

Nice catch Firemage, really did mean for farries to keep that dis available (note: Faerrie Merchant with Income BONUS, result, filthy rich)

(19-Sep-2002 at 21:31)

Wow very well thought out. must of put quite a bit of time into it. But i think it might be a bit to complex to implment. Just look at ppl's reaction to adding something like happiness which is no where near as major as these. But i like the idea of racial foe and i think that should come standard to everyone even if this system isn't used. so that at the start you everyone chooses 1 racial foe hopefully decreaseing the power of a superrace
View Public Profile Find more posts by anangerwithin Add anangerwithin to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2002 at 12:40)
smile wow.........

Faery:
Double Wizard Training: -15 points

This would be great with mystic.imagine quadruple guild effectiveness......drool........
View Public Profile Find more posts by respite Add respite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Oct-2002 at 18:06)
Human War Hero, start of age suicider

+25% Icome (30%)
+30% Spell Cost
+20% Science Maximum (25%)
+15% Construction Raze/Cost

No Mercs
Elite: 3/7
15+15+30+15-30-25-20=0

And with a suicidng strat, can run OOP:

1. Farms: (6%)
2. Armouries: (15%)
3. Barracks: (25%)
4. Hospitals: (16%)
5. Guilds: (12%)
6. Stables: (10%)
7. Libraries: (15%)
8. Dungeons: (1%)

And train only off specs and attack explorers, with a 3/7 elite, 16% hospitals and 15% armouries you will a strong elite defense fast, and once a reasonable size with a good elite defense:

1. Farms: (6%)
2. Barracks: (25%)
3. Forts: (15%)
4. Hospitals: (14%)
5. Guilds: (15%)
6. Stables: (8%)
7. Libraries: (15%)
8. Dungeons: (2%)

With 15% libraries can easily pump housing science to 20+% and as a human do not need many runes, so do not need towers as it easn't difficult to find some easy target for thieving with a few runes. Runes only needed for casting MP, MS (Magic Shield) and Quickfeet, perhaps RM
View Public Profile Find more posts by MadCunt Add MadCunt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote