Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Options Discussions and Suggestions

View Poll Results: Which forum you would like the Forum Agent to support next? (Post if you want others)
ASP-Nuke forums 3 4.05%
brinkster 3 4.05%
Ikonboard 4 5.41%
MegaBBS 3 4.05%
Network54 1 1.35%
PHP-Nuke forums 36 48.65%
ProBoards.com 24 32.43%
Who voted? Voters: 74
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(06-Jan-2004 at 23:26)
How can I use Agent for uboards.swirve.com forum?
For exmple our page is http://uboards.swirve.com/board.cgi?boardid=36-28&c=21
View Public Profile Find more posts by ladygold Add ladygold to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Jan-2004 at 05:01)
Make the forum module opensource, so maybe people can help u guys with adding new forum support... ??
View Public Profile Find more posts by mysiPyS Add mysiPyS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(08-Jan-2004 at 08:40)

lightbulb

Quote:
(Originally posted by ladygold)

How can I use Agent for uboards.swirve.com forum?
For exmple our page is http://uboards.swirve.com/board.cgi?boardid=36-28&c=21
The Forum Agent does not work with the internal Utopia kingdom forums, because this is against the Utopian code.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.00
(24-Jan-2004 at 22:56)
*** The Stinkers ***
[2] [23-jan. 11:02:52] Error: Unrecognized forum type! (Please notify us at http://forums.utopiatemple.com)
[2] [23-jan. 11:02:52] Closing connection to The Stinkers

Forum type: YaBB SE

May I request to add support for it please?
Thanks!
View Public Profile Find more posts by doMPok Add doMPok to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jan-2004 at 23:10)
when will it happen?

I see that the vote is on the side of PHP-Nuke forums... Does this mean that the next update will only include that, or can we expect ProBoards (and others) to be included as well?

Oh and not to be impatient or anything but, when is the next update happening??

Thanks alot, you guys do a great job.
View Public Profile Find more posts by jsmcrae Add jsmcrae to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Feb-2004 at 06:46)
Why dont u make an option to post the data to an external file to the forum ??

And just send the info in xml.. And then you want xml back..

Something like..

You send data to www.myhost.com/forum/UtopiaAngel.aspx

Sending something like..

<?xml... jada jada>
<data type="selfcb">
<username>w00t</username>
<password...
<acres/>
<location/>
<formateddata>
<rawdata>
</data>

and the page is returning
<?xml..>
<result>
<status>Login faild</status>
</result>
or something..

so people just can implement this to theirs own forum...
View Public Profile Find more posts by mysiPyS Add mysiPyS to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Feb-2004 at 04:13)

Support: Forum Agent

I would very much like to see proboards supported by the Utopia Angel Forum Agent.

www.proboards.com is an excellent FREE forum that allows users access to nearly as many features as any other board on the market.
View Public Profile Visit lazarus187's homepage Find more posts by lazarus187 Add lazarus187 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Feb-2004 at 02:28)

XML support or anything else to help us programmers who love to have their own forums

I'd like to second mysiPyS thought.

Please create some API or anything how to make Angel work with any board. There's lotsa people who use custom boards because custom boards are way much better. OFC I could try to imitate inivsion or phpBB or whichever is the easiet, but if there was something like mysiPyS posted it would save everyone lots of time.

I'd rather not put the province data (<acres> etc) into xml, but having some type of generic requests would pwn. Possibly XML-RPC?

Forum agent needs to get the board list so make a call to getBoardList, make a call to getThreadList, find the configuration thread (which should be named as in every other board), make a call to getThread, than according to the setup posted in the thread, do everything else. The requests could be passed by XML-RPC and the results can be returned in XML. This way a good programmer could easily adopt the board which aren't currently supported.

Or at least give us out some information about how to create imitators for boards and how does board detection work.

Edit: kinda just now thought that before getBoardList angel has to do a simple request to detect that it's a "Generic XML Board" I can help with creating the script for testing it. And hosting.

Last edited by dymonaz, 10-Feb-2004 at 02:30.
View Public Profile Visit dymonaz's homepage Find more posts by dymonaz Add dymonaz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Feb-2004 at 17:43)
It prob. take less time to create the xml variant...
(24-Mar-2004 at 16:39)
I would really like to see an API, Im writing a custom hostile/war analysis tool that collects information during a war (CB's, Intel, Ops) and posts it to a site, but since I cant seem to find what I need to do to mimic a supported forum, I would really like to see an general API or something that I could tell my users to set in the forum agent setup so I can make a general page such as: postforumagent.php that allowe me to take the input from forum agent and break it out to the areas I want it to go to.

Right now Im probably just going to write a program in VB6 or something that just takes clipboard data and uploads it that way, but that seems counter-productive.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Leviathon Add Leviathon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(26-Mar-2004 at 23:15)
Any chance of Forum Agent being updated to support the new subSilver theme in phpBB2.1.x/2.2 anytime soon? Or will we have to wait for the stable 2.2 release?
View Public Profile Find more posts by nerull Add nerull to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as E a r e n d i L)
Donated $12.00
(28-Mar-2004 at 01:31)
and vBulletin 3.0 Gold?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Earry Add Earry to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Apr-2004 at 23:11)
Forum Agent: idea for board support

I know that there is a sticky topic for board support, but this post is very long, and I didn't want to clutter up that thread anymore. and I didn't want to change the direction of that thread into discussion of this.

I suggest something that has already been suggested before. why not make the forum agent modular? you could make it so that people who run the boards should add something to their page, something like

<!-- Forum Agent: vbulletin3.x -->

and then the program would just look for that line and then load the module forumagent_*name*.inc or whatever.

so then, people would download angel, and then whoever wanted to use forum agent, would download the forum agent include file of the board they wanted to use. and then angel would attempt to include the necessary file. the include files can have standards, such as function names. each include file would have the same function names, and angel would just simply create some variables that include all of the data. I have most of my programming knowledge in scripting languages, I do not know what language angel is in, but I believe there would be a way that this could be done.

you could setup this system, and then as new boards get popular, whoever wanted to could create a new module file to support that board. and then angel would not have to be updated at all, it would not even have to have any part of it hardcoded, as the html comment on the board's page would basically have the filename in it, and then angel would just attempt to open the file.

and then admins of the boards that wanted to get their kingdom involved, could simply e-mail the board's module file to the people in their kingdom, or upload it somewhere and give out the url.

the main reason why I think that a system like this would work so well, is that it would not require you to make any part of angel open source, angel would still be completly secured, and it would not affect people who do not need to use this system or even know of its existance.

the only main downfall, would be support. if a module had an error, people would always run here, even if the module was created by someone not related to utopia temple at all. but thats easy to take care of.

you could either have it setup so that people would make sure that something works 100%, and then submit it to you where you would double check it, and then make it available to everyone, or you could only support a couple, and maybe perhaps have a link repository to a listing of sites that make them, or even turn the whole project over to someone who is really into it.

sorry if that seems like a rant (which it is), I just typed my thoughts. if anyone else thinks this is a great idea, or want to give comments, I'd love to hear.

- Neo Talon
View Public Profile Visit neotalon's homepage Find more posts by neotalon Add neotalon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Apr-2004 at 11:18)

Well since BG isn't responding...

k, today I played around a bit and created an IPB-impersonator

So far I tested it and it fools Forum Agent. It detects the scripts to be IPB and successfully posts the topics.

There are three classes:
* FUTAN (Fool UTopia ANgel) - it does all the obfuscating
* Boards - the one you can use to access your board database
* Users - the one you can use to check users

Find it all in http://futan.theblackhorde.com/

The way they are NOW is buggy, and all it does simply checks the stuff. I'd like to get help from other people to test it and help me with finalizing it, tho it seems that Forum Agent is so simple that it's easy to fool it

Anyone willing to work together - please contact me over [email protected] (include "futan" in topic) or catch me on UtoNet IRC (nickname d-MoN). There's lotsa stuff to find out, but the VERY basic API is there

I bet anyone could easily port it to ASP or whatever you want even if it's in PHP right now. Well anyways hope to talk to anyone who needs that stuff, cause I know I'm not the only one
View Public Profile Visit dymonaz's homepage Find more posts by dymonaz Add dymonaz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(25-Apr-2004 at 22:58)
AG2

does the forum agent work with avidgamers 2, i cannot get it to work, but then again i have never set up the forum agent before so i may be doing something wrong.

Last edited by rock2003, 25-Apr-2004 at 23:05.
View Public Profile Find more posts by rock2003 Add rock2003 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-May-2004 at 09:28)
How about phpBB we use it on our site I think it's great.

http://www.phpbb.com/
View Public Profile Find more posts by bsmitb678 Add bsmitb678 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-May-2004 at 01:01)
Very nice.

Very good to build home made tools using data from Forum Agent. Only bad point is that it depends on IPB implementation support by Angel. If tomorrow they read a bit more stuffs from the returned webpages, your impersonnator might no longer work.

I'l keep your code and web addy pinned somewhere close, to have a look at the progress for when i'll need it
View Public Profile Find more posts by Haryon Add Haryon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-May-2004 at 01:13)
XML intel posting, similar to Forum Agent

I wish there would be a way to make forum agent post data to any web application even if it doesn't know it.

I have seen FUTAN idea in making some scripts which simulate IPB behaviour and can redirect cbs/intel to ... a database, unsupported board, flat files, mails/news, RSS feed, whatever.

I would prefer if it weren't based on how you read a specific forums, and if unneeded communication could be reduced.

Basically I imagine you could set the following :
- url=http://somewhere.org/mylistener.php (or servlets, asp, whatever)
- login/password=...
And then each time an intel is to be sent, this special Forum Agent would simply issue an http POST with login=thelogin, password=thepassword, data=www-encodedinteldata, and the returned result would be used to issue a line in the logs (http errors would be recognized, but if the http-post was successful and the url returned me : Invalid Login, or Data Ignored because out of current war, i would see it in forum agent logs).

Then, up to the website owner to code a listener script in his favorite langage to make good use of the data.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Haryon Add Haryon to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Aug-2005 at 01:04)
Forum Agent Support

Could you please add support for http://www.utopiapimp.con to the forum agent. And if there is a way to make it work without having to change the program please let me know!
View Public Profile Find more posts by FragImp Add FragImp to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Aug-2005 at 10:36)

Re: Forum Agent Support

Quote:
(Originally posted by FragImp)

Could you please add support for http://www.utopiapimp.con to the forum agent. And if there is a way to make it work without having to change the program please let me know!
You can already submit intel to Pimp using the Forum Agent. Check out the tutorial on how to set it up here: utopiapimpdotcom/index.php?misc/manual&suba=fagent

=FireSt0rM=
Resident Battlefield Halfling

Last edited by FireSt0rM, 04-Aug-2005 at 10:39.
View Public Profile Find more posts by FireSt0rM Add FireSt0rM to your Buddy List Reply with Quote