Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Options Discussions and Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(11-Sep-2010 at 06:36)

How to run Angel on Ubuntu w/wine

I have spent the last 30 minutes or so going through thread after thread on this topic... after a quick google...

Originally Posted by http://savasplace.com/2008/11/make-utopia-angel-work-under-ubuntu/:
To make Utopia Angel work under Ubuntu you have to install Wine first:

sudo apt-get install wine

Now you can Download (43.59KB) this default Wine Config set, copy it to your home folder and extract it with:

sudo tar xzf wine-config.tar.gz

Thatís it. Go ahead and download Utopia Angel, run the installer, start it and enjoy.
tested using

Ubuntu 10.04
wine 1.2
angel 2.03a1

hope this is of help, perhaps BG or one the mods can host this config file with instructions on the Ubuntu install?

I should mention that it works as well as in Windows for me with no troubles...

I have not tested all of the functions as of yet but the primary malfunction of the clipboard not working is fixed with the wine config... a screen shot
Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot3ki.png (141.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Brother Green, 11-Sep-2010 at 17:09.
Edit reason: Attached screen shot to post, hosted config file on UT
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chromemagnonman Add Chromemagnonman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(11-Sep-2010 at 17:39)

smile Re: How to run Angel on Ubuntu w/wine

Thanks for the information! I have hosted the Wine config file on our server, and updated the Angel's associated "readme.txt" file accordingly.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old zEx
(16-Sep-2010 at 07:00)

How to run Angel on Ubuntu w/wine

Im having clipboard error............
i already sent the error from angel. please update it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by zEx Add zEx to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(30-Sep-2010 at 15:07)

lightbulb Re: How to run Angel on Ubuntu w/wine

Originally Posted by zEx: View Post
Im having clipboard error............
i already sent the error from angel. please update it.
Angel is written for Windows, we cannot support it for other operating-systems using emulators...

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote