Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(29-Jun-2004 at 13:31)

Utopia - Angel Independant?

Well,
no offence to:
1. UT and their mad program Angel
2. To all ideas posted within this forums.

Just on a curious note,
from alot of the new suggestions ive seen here,
eg. Max Mercs, Revalation.
these suggestions are almost making Utopia, well You dont need Angel to play.

But at time i wish i can use angel, eg. On linux systems, since the all in one doesn't give an export line...

I donno if its a good idea or not, having Utopia Being Angel Dependant/Independant.
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(29-Jun-2004 at 13:38)

The all in one does give export lines for some weeks now though, so might be a very slight help. And how good the idea of a platform independant angel might be, BG has stated before he isn't going to make one.

~Zippy^
Vice-Monarch of Rob's Zombies
ACT member
View Public Profile Find more posts by Z i p p y RZ Add Z i p p y RZ to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $0.56
(30-Jun-2004 at 21:29)

I think that Utopia isn't angel DEPENDANT, you can make attacks etc. without the calculator, its just alot more guess work. Meh, i'm not complaining, if i have to have a small little thing to help make playing a game i enjoy, i'll gladly download and update it every time.

And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you
View Public Profile Find more posts by Trial by Fire Add Trial by Fire to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $25.30
(30-Jun-2004 at 23:06)

I'm pretty sure Utopia has never been Angel dependent

for a few ages i played without it just because i wanted to. Angel just makes it easy.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
R.I.P. InJustice!
Hit me up on Facebook

EWE-tah

Last edited by Saint Sinner, 30-Jun-2004 at 23:07.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Saint Sinner Add Saint Sinner to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(01-Jul-2004 at 12:17)

oh the AIO does make export lines now hey, nice
but i would love ot see it on linux.

oh and btw,
my point was actually,
for some of the new spells/ops ive seen,
its merely trying to make the game, well do more calculations, thus reducing the risk factor.
which i kinda didn't like. =p
View Public Profile Find more posts by NeoDeGenero Add NeoDeGenero to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Jul-2004 at 18:02)

It'll never happen. You could try running Angel through WINE. It's a simple enough program that it might even work (although I'll admit that I've ever gotten anything to work that way; it's why I gave up using Linux). Or just enjoy the improved online formatter and calculator.

If you can read this, you must be nuts about highlighting things.
Signature suspended by Nazgul UT for violating the forum's rules.
Signature exceeded the allowed height of 60 pixels.
So why did you have to delete it? Couldn't you have just set the font size smaller with your almighty mod-editing powers?
Yes I could, I just chose not to. [и]
View Public Profile Find more posts by lady looney Add lady looney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $2.44
(06-Jul-2004 at 15:36)

Quote:
(Originally posted by lady looney)

It'll never happen. You could try running Angel through WINE. It's a simple enough program that it might even work (although I'll admit that I've ever gotten anything to work that way; it's why I gave up using Linux). Or just enjoy the improved online formatter and calculator.
nah tried it dotn work,
stupid uni restrictions,
ive even tried WMWare or something, still didn't work...

well that was before the Online one improved, coz my kd mates were complaining that its a fuss to read my intel when i'm at uni, since i post both the unformatted and the formatted one, w/o export line lol.
(Posted as ApolloHIVE)
Donated $0.44
(06-Jul-2004 at 19:04)

Well Utopia was never built with the intention of using Angel, actually Mehul is trying to eliminate any need for Angel. Honestly you don't need angel at all to play. And you can still be the best. The main reason for angel is it does the dirty, time consuming work for you. so you don't need to spend hours figuring out every single calculation. Mehul added the "defense points" and "offense points" area so people don't need angel. All that did is allow you to figure out your DPA,OPA with one less step. But honestly DPA/OPA are probably the easier of the things angel does for you. So I give credit to Mehul for trying, but Angel is a HUGE help and i think we all agree that the game is so much better because of the nice folks here allowing us to use Angel

I finally found my old account again, so I am now using this instead of my newer account - VaX

Only over time, long after we are gone, will we know if our actions were just
View Public Profile Find more posts by Emperor Sidious Add Emperor Sidious to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Jul-2004 at 19:20)

Yep, Utopia is a game of numbers and angel helps those of us that aren't so good at math still be able to figure stuff out in a relatively short time. Plus it's handy for fomatting CBs and other intel, and the clipboard feature is awesome for keeping track of all your ops you've done.

As said, you don't NEED to have angel to still be good at Utopia, but for those of us who don't have the time to waste figuring out calculations or building %s, it's absolutely great. All it is, is a tool, something to make our lives that much easier and enjoyable, don't ruin it for me

How long do you have to be a regular here to have your siggy touched? Apparently, about 3 months
*touch* [-V-]
*rubs the sig's nipples* >|) -Giggles- That Tickles
View Public Profile Find more posts by Deity Add Deity to your Buddy List Reply with Quote