Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Discussions > Utopia Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(Posted as nightbunny)
(08-May-2004 at 11:33)
whit that explorer race u will own as hell,
all time exploring and pump defence to simple ....
View Public Profile Find more posts by IFeelLikeAN00B Add IFeelLikeAN00B to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Ice Pick)
(08-May-2004 at 15:00)

Quote:
(Originally posted by utopio)

yea

So, what does that mean utopio? *waits for WP's*

nightbunny i agree, exploring race would be too simple.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MegaSmilax Add MegaSmilax to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-May-2004 at 13:11)

all these races are rubbish, u need a good solid race idea to start off with, for example this good, intresting i found.

Advantages: theif's dens are twise as effective in regards to increase in thevary effectivness.
eg (10% td, 20% +theif eff)

Disadvantages: 1% chance of a wizzard being made each day. (not 2% chance) thats means 1/2 wizzied made.

assassin: 5/0
burrower: 0/5
Rat Ogre: 6/5 £1100

this is for BF and Wol, a/t race, personalities work well with rogue, mystic or any attaking personality. Best elite in the game screems out to be an attacking race, td bonus would be great for theif. seems even, tell me what u think.

"Better to Reign In Hell then Serve in Heaven"
"That wepon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will be written with blood."
View Public Profile Find more posts by Anima Add Anima to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Serath ABA)
(09-May-2004 at 14:10)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Anima)

all these races are rubbish, u need a good solid race idea to start off with, for example this good, intresting i found.
umm anima you say the 3 we'd doen were rubbish and hen provide 1 already doenjust different names.

View Public Profile Find more posts by Barid Bel Medar Add Barid Bel Medar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Ice Pick)
(09-May-2004 at 20:31)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Anima)

You didn't find it, you made it. So go back to your own thread and advertise it there.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MegaSmilax Add MegaSmilax to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-May-2004 at 20:49)

i think he mite have found it actually...abt a year ago there was a Skaven race posted up. it got massivly flamed for being copied near-enough directly from Warhammer, but it WAS here.

Chillfrost, the Abducted
Twin/mysterious doppleganger of Burningboy, the Ascendant
*ahem* And i never supported Elan OR Mr Despot. Really. Never ever. Ask Bill
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillfrost Add Chillfrost to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-May-2004 at 20:56)

in fact, to add to that last post, i just did a search - Skaven , or Ratmen have been suggested as a new race no less than NINE (9!) times, 3 of which Anima posted. im not saying its a bad idea, its just that if they're rats, they should DEFINITLEY have a population bonus, something that the Orcs already posess, so...

Chillfrost, the Abducted
Twin/mysterious doppleganger of Burningboy, the Ascendant
*ahem* And i never supported Elan OR Mr Despot. Really. Never ever. Ask Bill

Last edited by Chillfrost, 09-May-2004 at 20:56.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Chillfrost Add Chillfrost to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-May-2004 at 21:30)

Changlings version 2!

Quote:
(Originally posted by VOID Feng Shui)
if you were counting on 75 dpa, guess what! getting attacked by an orc takes you down to 35! orcs, or any attacker race, would destroy this one.

WAY overpowered. this means that mages will be absolutely worthless against this race as 1/4 spells will be reflected on them.
Changelings:
A people shrouded in uncertainty, no one knows who they truely are or where they came from. They change to appear identical to those whom they live among. They refuse to hold anyone prisioner. Always watching and learning, they try hard not to be discovered.

5/0- Mimic (500gc/1gc)
0/5- Illusionist (500gc/1gc)
*/5- Metamorph (1100gc/4gc)

Elites 'morph' to match who the race they are attacking (average of all 8 is 5)**
In changling vs changling combat and for Throne Page/Mil Advisor they act as 5/5s

ADVANTAGES
10% chance to reflect evil spells**
-25% Theivery Losses
-50% chance to be identified on failed Ops/Spells
-5% enemy defense

DISADVANTAGES
-15% Mystic Offense for non-intelligence spells (ie. CB & CE)
Cannot Use Prisoners (no Dungeons)
+20% food & rune decay

Spells:
Anonymity
Clear Sight
Fog

**denotes things changed from version 1
*all of the above subject to change, comments much apprectiated
View Public Profile Visit Syldra's homepage Find more posts by Syldra Add Syldra to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-May-2004 at 03:21)
i liked the idea of what someone suggested before.. not sure who it was now..

basically mehul want's people to war more often. it is alot more interesting than just growing, and there are many kd's who try for war wins or honor and are successful at it. if you read the utopian forums you can see that people don't like the destructive nature of war and want to make it more attractive to the average attacker because you can either gain alot from wars.. or lose everything.. so anyways i propose making a race like undead as a specialty warring race.. undead works as A/M... perhaps an A/T is in order..

i haven't thought up of elite values and all that.. leave that to ppl who can actually balance it.. race bonuses would enable this race to attack, attack, attack... but be able to bounce back quickly and survive a T/M bashing in wars... a very attractive prospect for an attacker. anyone else want to add to the idea?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Freelansir Add Freelansir to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-May-2004 at 04:06)
Ents (personally i think ents would be a nice choice)

Gnomes

Dark Elves or some other elf race choice (could work they donít have to be magic based like a dark elf can have some elf features but also be brutal in combat or a wood elf maybe could have special defense bonuses or some crap and maybe get spells like anonymous attack)

A Half Elf and Human race or A Half orc And Human Race (I donít know about those half race choices i just throw them in)

Irda

Some sort of lizard men or cat men?

maybe one of these would be good choices I dunno

Live by the sword and die by the knife
View Public Profile Find more posts by TvShow Add TvShow to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-May-2004 at 02:45)
Ok, so if you wanna build a race that is unique (or at least have unique pos/neg attributes) then this may help, this is a list of what has been used so far:

Been done:
Buildings:
-% Construction Time
-% Construction Cost
+% Building Effectiveness
Homes hold 35 people
Immune to Enemy Forts

Military:
+% Military Losses / -% Military Losses
+% Military Costs / -% Military Costs
-% Training Time /
-% Attack Time /
-% Military Maintenance /
+% Enemy Losses /
+% Combat Gains /
+% Combat Losses /

Cannot use Mercenaries
$? Elite Maintenance
Immune to Ambush Attack
Cannot Use War Horses
No Offensive Combat Losses
Spreads The Plague
Strong Massacre Attack
-1 General /
WAR: +10% Military Strength
OUT OF WAR: -10% Attack Gains

General:
+% Income / -% Income
+% Science Maximum / -% Science Maximum
+% Max Population / -% Max Population
+% Food Consumption
+% Birth Rate
+ Happiness Level
-% Exploration Costs
No Food Needed
Immune to The Plague

Magic:
+% Magic Effectiveness / -% Magic Effectiveness
+% Spell Costs
+% Failure on Spells
Cast Self Spells on Kingdom Members
Access to All Spells

Thievery:
+% Thievery Effectiveness / -% Thievery Effectiveness
$??? Thieves
only basic spy-related thievery operations

Special:
+10% Offense vs. Orcs

------------------------------------------------
I am not a pheasant plucker I'm a pheasant pluckers son, and I'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes!!

||15 pints later and I'm not a pleasant f$$$$$r either||
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ravens Keep Add Ravens Keep to your Buddy List Reply with Quote