Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Where is Iraq in 10 years?
Saddam/new dictator rules the country (negative to the west) 3 5.17%
Religious regime (like Iran) 9 15.52%
Democracy 9 15.52%
Dictator that supress the Iraqi people,but is friendly to the west 3 5.17%
Civil war 8 13.79%
Other 8 13.79%
Still fighting, as they do now 18 31.03%
Who voted? Voters: 58
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
Donated $8.00
(04-Jan-2006 at 17:59)

where is Iraq in 10 years

Where do you think Iraq is in 10 years?
a new dictator?
a good democracy?
a religious regime?

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
~ Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill ~
View Public Profile Find more posts by Skotten Add Skotten to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jan-2006 at 18:13)

Seriously, I dont see much changes in 10 yrs time...

You know the real meaning of PEACE only if you have been through the war. Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has never truly been there before!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Invasion Add Invasion to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jan-2006 at 20:43)

I would say that they have in name democracy, wich is actualy not democracy, but more like ruled by dictator

Never let nobody in. And step right–on your dream,
If you really wanna take this trip. Fighting anywhere we go.
To face this cruel world. We gotta just fight forever!
We never stop...
View Public Profile Find more posts by pata Add pata to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(04-Jan-2006 at 21:32)

I sincerely have no idea.. I`m stuck somewhere between still fighting and getting a good leader... but the good leader sounds a little too much like a soap opera..

Last edited by RoWizzies, 04-Jan-2006 at 21:32.
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jan-2006 at 21:43)

I think a religious dictator, much like in Iraq. Chosen through democracy though.

A Clockwork Orange:
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

View Public Profile Find more posts by Frederick Add Frederick to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $2.08
(04-Jan-2006 at 21:50)

Somehow Saddam will get out of jail. He will not start another dictatorship, but he will get on the ballot... and win.

More seriously, it is hard to predict. My guess is that they will have a democracy, but they will still be fighting people who disagree and feel that killing innocent people is the way to get their voices heard. They will either a) choose the same leader for a really long time, or b) change leaders every election. That's more than a ten year projection though, because what I meant is that they won't have a leader for 10-15 years before changing, they will have the same leader or leading party for a really long time (like Sweden, although it worked out pretty well for them, I think) or change leaders every election (no example for this one because I don't know of any and I feel lazy to research).

"Why should I have to work for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!" - Calvin.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Stewie Add Stewie to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jan-2006 at 22:07)
Man, that a hard one. Probably, there will still be figthing I guess. Maybe something like an Afghanistan situation, with one group being sponsored by Iran and other groups being sponsored by various other nations/groups. And then there will be one gaining dominance after a few years of fighting, and if it's a group not on good terms with the West we'll probably go in again. What happens then is anyones guess.

I just hope I'm wrong........
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zaran Add Zaran to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Research Group
Donated $0.60
(04-Jan-2006 at 22:15)

I believe more or less democratic... That's my hope at least...

Generalization is rhetorics of simpletons.
"Sages learn from history... idiots learn from experience" -Fairy Tail manga
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Menchalior Add Lord Menchalior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(04-Jan-2006 at 22:41)

I would say they will have a somewhat authoritatian government that can still be considered democracy (somewhere between what Russia and China have currently), and is friendly to the western world for the most part.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
View Public Profile Find more posts by KnightoftheNite Add KnightoftheNite to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Jan-2006 at 01:13)

to hard to say, alot of factors, depends if Repub's keep office.
View Public Profile Visit AgingWizard's homepage Find more posts by AgingWizard Add AgingWizard to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as acadian9)
(06-Jan-2006 at 05:00)

imo, as long as bush is in power, and american forces are still in iraq, the fighting wont go away. die down yes, but no end.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Acadian9 Add Acadian9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2006 at 21:08)
Well if they keep on commiting suicidebombings at the present rate there won't be any iraqis left in ten years I think...
View Public Profile Find more posts by AlpineAxe Add AlpineAxe to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2006 at 21:21)

still fighting. I don't think there will be much change anytime soon.

Every day with you is an adventure I never wanted. Like swimming naked through shards of glass.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Demortor Add Demortor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Jan-2006 at 21:59)
hehe still fighting but i guess there won't be many left to kill in 10 years let them all blow eachoter up and stop blaming and bothering us /for/ with theyre problems hihi i hope osama bin laden nukes them
View Public Profile Find more posts by Alecoholic Add Alecoholic to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Jan-2006 at 00:40)
this is by far the most hypacritical and ridiculous poll all of your options are completly bias! Wheres the "Still a democracy" option shame on the originator of this post (not all of us think that the iraq war was useles ya know!!!!)
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Signs Add The Signs to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(11-Jan-2006 at 00:41)
freak oops

sorry just realized that i missed the democracy. i missread it i thought it said Dictatorship originator of this post... forgive me plz..
View Public Profile Find more posts by The Signs Add The Signs to your Buddy List Reply with Quote