Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Closed Thread
Author Thread
(22-Jan-2006 at 23:44)

New Low in Gains Report...

It is now possible to gain 0 acres of land in an attack, but the current version of Angel does not let you send a report with a gain of 0.

It would not be that big of a deal except that Angel just told me i would get minimum of 77 acres and I only got the goose egg. I sent the report in to rexregum.

Last Member of the Church of Valek
-------------------------------------
Insert something witty here.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -John Paul Jones
View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(23-Jan-2006 at 00:31)

Please heed the warning on the release page. The gains formula used at present diverges when you enter that you're attacking people less than about 65% of your networth, and a similar figure for kingdom networth. Below that, I think you're doing well to gain anything.

The formula is more reliable for attacking people close to your own networth as that is typical of most of the reports we get. I'm pleasantly surprised to find that any range of the formula is accurate, as it is currently based on age 30 data!

My apologies for the inconvenience- your report will be helpful. I intend to update the formula again in about a week, once we have a decent number of attack reports. I expect a lot of useful data, as most people don't have many thieves, making it easy to get surveys. I've sent in two already

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List
(23-Jan-2006 at 02:41)

Now that you mention it I do remember the disclaimer about 65%. I'll send in all the reports I can to help sure up your numbers.

View Public Profile Visit Dead Canaanite's homepage Find more posts by Dead Canaanite Add Dead Canaanite to your Buddy List
(23-Jan-2006 at 15:38)
I got the same problem.

angel told me I will get 88 (55 with max forts) acres - I got 0!

ME:
652 acres/75K NW/ 1,2 mill KD NW

target:
610 acres / 45K NW / 1,4 mill KD NW / heavily attacked
View Public Profile Visit Oakwood's homepage Find more posts by Oakwood Add Oakwood to your Buddy List
(23-Jan-2006 at 17:33)

Re: 1.72a1 Let 0 acres gains be reported

Originally Posted by Oakwood:
I got the same problem.

angel told me I will get 88 (55 with max forts) acres - I got 0!

ME:
652 acres/75K NW/ 1,2 mill KD NW

target:
610 acres / 45K NW / 1,4 mill KD NW / heavily attacked
As Rex said once you hit below 65% of your size the current gains formula is a bust. By sending in the attack report with the most information possible, you can help fix this.

Administrator
(27-Jan-2006 at 11:42)

sunglasses Re: New Low in Gains Report...

Originally Posted by Dead Canaanite:
It is now possible to gain 0 acres of land in an attack, but the current version of Angel does not let you send a report with a gain of 0.
This will be rectified in the next release, thanks for reporting!

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List
Research Group
Donated $12.00
(28-Jan-2006 at 01:14)

I'm working on a new formula using the age 31 data. To get a better understanding of the circumstances in which it is likely to be inaccurate, consult this post:

http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showt...22#post1412322

Computer idle all the time? Want to help with medical research?
Join the UT [email protected] team
(our stats) (text-only client)

View Public Profile Visit rexregum's homepage Find more posts by rexregum Add rexregum to your Buddy List
(07-Mar-2006 at 10:24)
v1.73 still have a problem!!!

Each times I want to top feed or bottom feed (more or less than 30%NW) angel give me the max acres gain. It's very strange... Can you fix it like in old version (don't remember wich one) and just give us a 0 acres gain????
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dimitri33 Add Dimitri33 to your Buddy List
(09-Mar-2006 at 02:53)

Re: v1.73 still have a problem!!!

Originally Posted by Dimitri33:
Each times I want to top feed or bottom feed (more or less than 30%NW) angel give me the max acres gain. It's very strange... Can you fix it like in old version (don't remember wich one) and just give us a 0 acres gain????

As soon as you are targeting a target between 0% - 55% or 125%+ the gains formula breaks down, and doesn't work properly.

So top feeding and bottomfeeding gains are always wrong with the current formula.

Want to make it better? Report more attacks.

Failing Attacks? Not sure why your CB and Som Disagree? Want to learn how to have a successful attack all the time? Check out
The Attack Calculator Guide
Now Updated for Version 1.80!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ashaman00 Add Ashaman00 to your Buddy List
(10-Mar-2006 at 22:50)
oki I will but it works perfectly few versions ago
View Public Profile Find more posts by Dimitri33 Add Dimitri33 to your Buddy List
(11-Mar-2006 at 02:48)

Re: 1.72a1 Let 0 acres gains be reported

Originally Posted by Dimitri33:
oki I will but it works perfectly few versions ago

It hasn't been perfect for over 4 ages.
especially since mehul changes the gains formula each age recently.. and not to mention that it's based on more factors than ever before.

when it was just land, it was much easier.

Failing Attacks? Not sure why your CB and Som Disagree? Want to learn how to have a successful attack all the time? Check out
The Attack Calculator Guide
Now Updated for Version 1.80!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ashaman00 Add Ashaman00 to your Buddy List
  Closed Thread