Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(16-Feb-2006 at 02:30)
1.73a2 Soldier & Mercenary incorrect strength value

It is only humans that are supposed to have 2/2 soldiers, every other race (as far as I'm aware) should be 1/1.

In the military calc, all races currently have 2/2 soldiers. This is giving an incorrect value for the strength of prisoners/mercs too (also double their real strength). Later in the game this could generate wildly innacurate mod off values!

It would be really nice if it were the correct values, as halflings would then have 10/10 prisoners/mercs lol
View Public Profile Find more posts by InsaneChaos Add InsaneChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2006 at 02:35)
this is for the genesis server
View Public Profile Find more posts by InsaneChaos Add InsaneChaos to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $26.12
(16-Feb-2006 at 04:05)

hooray,

it wasnt just me, I am getting the same thing too, all races appear to have 2/2 soldiers.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeny Add Greeny to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Support Team
(16-Feb-2006 at 07:01)
Yep, definately a problem with Genesis server.

Throne page says 750 soldiers, 750 offense.

Angel says 1500 raw offense and -50% total bonuses to get it back to 750

As stated previously, mercenaries are also incorrectly listed as 6 offense. (On another note, although the war room etc. says that mercenaries fight "with the strength of 3 soldiers", I've always thought that was just a comparison. I believe that they fight with 3 offense, irregardless of the strength of 3 soldiers (except Genesis Halflings, which would fight at 5 offense). I am not certain on this though.)

Play Utopia? Have Firefox? Download Utopia Metatron to enhance your playing experience (Latest version: 0.97.6)
View Public Profile Visit Victor's homepage Find more posts by Victor Add Victor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Feb-2006 at 09:15)
Re: 1.73a2 Soldier/merc bug

Originally Posted by Victor:
As stated previously, mercenaries are also incorrectly listed as 6 offense. (On another note, although the war room etc. says that mercenaries fight "with the strength of 3 soldiers", I've always thought that was just a comparison. I believe that they fight with 3 offense, irregardless of the strength of 3 soldiers (except Genesis Halflings, which would fight at 5 offense). I am not certain on this though.)
I think this means that human mercs will fight at str 6 on genesis...
Support Team
(16-Feb-2006 at 09:51)
No, I am now certain; they fight at 3 offense. The text of the Genesis war room now says:

Quote:
Mercenaries cost $400 each.
You can send a total of 1 Mercenary or Prisoner per 5 loyal troops.
Barring racial bonuses, Mercenaries & Prisoners fight with the power of three normal soldiers.
As you can see it now explicitly rules our racial bonuses and states "three normal soldiers". I guess that our confusion is over

Play Utopia? Have Firefox? Download Utopia Metatron to enhance your playing experience (Latest version: 0.97.6)
View Public Profile Visit Victor's homepage Find more posts by Victor Add Victor to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(17-Feb-2006 at 07:05)

sunglasses Re: 1.73a2 Soldier/merc bug

Thanks for reporting!

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Feb-2006 at 03:16)
Halfing mercs are 5 not 10

Angel has it wrong.

Just letting you know.
View Public Profile Find more posts by TheNewDawn Add TheNewDawn to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Support Team
(21-Feb-2006 at 05:48)
This has been corrected in the latest version of Angel (v1.73 Beta).