Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(05-Feb-2007 at 11:58)
1.81a2 Crashes/Freezes/Socket Error

Angel does one pop up and gives an overview as normal, but then it doesnt respond anymore. And I cant use it anymore... Dont know exactly what is wrong, it just doesnt respond, gives grey field on clipboard and that's all.
View Public Profile Find more posts by akgabar Add akgabar to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Feb-2007 at 13:10)
Clipboard manager does not work at all!

Topic speaks for itself
View Public Profile Find more posts by squizme Add squizme to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(05-Feb-2007 at 23:36)
1.81a2 Crashes/Freezes/Socket Error

The tool occasionally crash i.e. not responding.

Windows XP 64
AMD Turion 64 M-32
1536 MB DDR-333 RAM
Angel 1.81 alpha 2
Error report: Well, it crashes.

I wonder if there are compatibility issues with 64-bit version of Windows?
View Public Profile Find more posts by wolf167 Add wolf167 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Feb-2007 at 02:13)
Mine Crashes also and I don't have Windows XP 64...I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Error occours when ur gathering CB's and SoM's...U lose all intel that u have got stored in the forum agent b4 the crash

I will just download the older version again until this is sorted Not good when ur in war

Last edited by Starfriend, 06-Feb-2007 at 23:10.
Edit reason: Missed posting some extra info...When error occours.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tigress35 Add Tigress35 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Feb-2007 at 03:04)
Re: Angel 1.81a2

Originally Posted by Tigress35: View Post
Mine Crashes also and I don't have Windows XP 64...I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Error occours when ur gathering CB's and SoM's...U lose all intel that u have got stored in the forum agent b4 the crash

I will just download the older version again until this is sorted Not good when ur in war

Same here crashes loose data, and pimp refuses to reconize the format of my cb,s and gives out warning about wrong format to use on that server...
deleted it off my machine...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Vini Add Vini to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(06-Feb-2007 at 03:43)

exclamation mark Re: Angel 1.81a2

Please send me an email with your ICQ number as soon as possible.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Feb-2007 at 09:52)
It did that for me until I turned it off and on again
View Public Profile Find more posts by cartoondog Add cartoondog to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Feb-2007 at 12:01)
Its the new feature Clipboard messages. Without feature disabled everything works fine. With enabled Angel hangs after first intel formatted.
View Public Profile Find more posts by peeteee Add peeteee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2007 at 06:10)

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
Please send me an email with your ICQ number as soon as possible.
Sorry Brother Green but i don't use ICQ.

Will send u my email addy tho if that helps?
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tigress35 Add Tigress35 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2007 at 09:08)

On mine, it has gotten to the point of crashing constantly, wether i use it or not... as it is, i have deleted the newer version but should very much like to return to the old one... unfortunately, i no longer seem to be able to download the older version, this naturally saddens me as i think it is a wonderful tool that i should like to use again.
Is there anywhere that i may re-download the former version of angel please???
View Public Profile Find more posts by bad ash Add bad ash to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2007 at 09:40)

I have the same problem and cant download the older version strange thing is that it works fine on my work pc but not at all from home.
Also i cant log into temple at all from home without using a proxy might be a firewall problem.
View Public Profile Find more posts by jallis Add jallis to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2007 at 14:14)
It continuously freezes up with me as well. I have enabled the clipboard messages already, but this doesn't seem to work either. I use a comp that can very well handle angel so I don't think it's related to that and I haven't experienced anything like this before I downloaded the new version. I don't know what you have changed with this new version that causes this, but something is wrong here and I hope a newer version will come quickly because right now I can't use angel at all.
View Public Profile Find more posts by skaschep Add skaschep to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Feb-2007 at 14:15)
With me it doesn't even matter if I Enable it or Disable it. It hangs on both settings just as much.
View Public Profile Find more posts by skaschep Add skaschep to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $1.20
(07-Feb-2007 at 15:04)

Same problem, really starting to annoy me now :/
181.a2 works fine at home, but here in college it's acting the bollox. I've re-installed version 181.a1 since that worked before but i'm not sure changing the clock on my laptop is that wise.

Angelbug.gif is the error i get while normally browsing (although while i was typing this out i had the newer Angel running with no problems, it was only when i started trying to copy stuff again that it froze up on me) because of the firewall setting in college it doesn't let me send error details (see angelbug2.gif) directly, so if you need anymore info (i can replicate the error just by running Angel :P) just ask.

Hope some of this helps. I've never had problems with Angel before, so this is weird :/

(Don't mind the crappy colours in the attachments- spacesaving has a price when you're too lazy to check which format is the best)
Attached Images
File Type: gif angelbug2.GIF (115.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: gif angelbug.GIF (95.0 KB, 16 views)

Noble Lady Sarak ~~ King Was Throne Away
The most extragant idea that a politican can have is to believe that it is enough for a people to march into a foreign country, for that country to adopt its laws and constitution. No-one likes armed missionaries; and nature and prudence both teach us to repel armed missionaries as enemies.
~ Maximilien Robespierre; January 1792
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sarak Add Sarak to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Feb-2007 at 02:54)
Socket Error #11004

It keeps doing it mostly when using the Military Calculator. I cant send the report throught the angel since I use a firewall, so here it is:

General:
EurekaLog 5.1.11

Application:
------------------------------------------------------
1.1 Start Date : Wed, 7 Feb 2007 ##:##:20 -0500
1.2 Name/Description: Angel.exe
1.3 Version Number :
1.4 Parameters :
1.5 Compilation Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 03:17:58 -0500

Exception:
---------------------------------------------
2.1 Date : Wed, 7 Feb 2007 ##:##:13 -0500
2.2 Address: 004BBBE7
2.3 Module : Angel.exe
2.4 Type : EIdSocketError
2.5 Message: Socket Error # 11004

Active Controls:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.1 Form Class : TfrmMilCalc
3.2 Form Text : Military Calculator [WoL (##:##)] - Utopia Angel v1.81 Alpha 2
3.3 Control Class:
3.4 Control Text :

Computer:
-------------------------------------------------------
4.1 Name : SARA
4.2 User : - SARA -
4.3 Total Memory : 255 Mb
4.4 Free Memory : 48 Mb
4.5 Total Disk : 9.77 Gb
4.6 Free Disk : 6.82 Gb
4.7 System Up Time: 3 hours, 54 minutes, 26 seconds
4.8 Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
4.9 Display Mode : 1024 x 768, 16 bit

Operating System:
------------------------------------
5.1 Type : Microsoft Windows XP
5.2 Build # : 2600
5.3 Update :
5.4 Language: Spanish

Network:
---------------------------------
6.1 IP Address: xxxx
6.2 Submask : xxx
6.3 Gateway : xx
6.4 DNS 1 : xxx
6.5 DNS 2 : xxx
6.6 DHCP : ON

Other Information:
--------------------------------------
7.1 : Version:_1.81 Alpha 2 (376)
Account name:_xxxx
View Public Profile Find more posts by Aiuk Add Aiuk to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(08-Feb-2007 at 05:46)

question

Does the problem go away if you disable "Clipboard Messages" in the Settings menu (Formatters tab)?

BTW: I'm still waiting for people who face this problem to contact me...

View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Feb-2007 at 14:58)
freak Re: Angel 1.81a2

Originally Posted by Brother Green: View Post
Does the problem go away if you disable "Clipboard Messages" in the Settings menu (Formatters tab)?

BTW: I'm still waiting for people who face this problem to contact me...
Nop. It doesn't seem so. At least not to me. In my case it's not that the Angel crashes and popup som error msg, it's just that whenever I try to open up Building Calc, Thievery Calc, etc. (I never really tested this with other features, it happen to be I use those tools most often), after doing a few copy and paste, the tools would look like being 'half-loaded' (it's staying on the loading state forever), so shut it down, and open it again, do a few things, and it halts. Repeat from step 1.

Last edited by wolf167, 08-Feb-2007 at 15:00.
View Public Profile Find more posts by wolf167 Add wolf167 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Feb-2007 at 12:00)

Originally Posted by Vini: View Post
Same here crashes loose data, and pimp refuses to reconize the format of my cb,s and gives out warning about wrong format to use on that server...
deleted it off my machine...
Well its been days with no fix or newer version...are we going to get one or is angel a memory of the past? There are many forms of chat, why in the heck do we need one in angel also? It might of been a good idea but it really sucks that its screwed up a fine tool beyond useing!!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Vini Add Vini to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as Starfriend)
Global Moderator
Donated $27.58
(09-Feb-2007 at 16:33)

Originally Posted by Vini: View Post
Well its been days with no fix or newer version...are we going to get one or is angel a memory of the past? There are many forms of chat, why in the heck do we need one in angel also? It might of been a good idea but it really sucks that its screwed up a fine tool beyond useing!!
BG stated earlier that he is waiting for people with this problem to contact him. Have you? I've been unable to replicate this error.

Originally Posted by John0792: View Post
I am a premium member (i.e. paid money to Utopia Temple) but with the new update, the ad window will not disappear. I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2. Never had the problem until the last update.
I cannot replicate this problem.

"If You Fall, Ill Be There"
- Floor

View Public Profile Find more posts by Konc Add Konc to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(10-Feb-2007 at 07:01)

question Re: Latest Angel

Please let me know if this is fixed in v1.81 Alpha 3.