Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > General Discussions > Polls Heaven

View Poll Results: Why did you leave Utopia?
Your KD collapese to a ghetto after your monarch left AGAIN... 159 18.64%
Cheaters! Traders! 100 11.72%
Got bored 347 40.68%
Was a monarch and couldn't handle it 46 5.39%
Other 201 23.56%
Who voted? Voters: 853
You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(05-Nov-2008 at 23:00)

Why did you leave

answer the question first to stop being biased
rhen read this thread.
http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=569693
I have a belief, but i want some fact to back it.

if our labourers party is called Labour, the most conserivtive party are called Conserivitives, and the liberal party called the Liberal Domocrats why aren't the BNP called the English Racist Party.
View Public Profile Visit marli's homepage Find more posts by marli Add marli to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Research Group
Donated $112.99
(05-Nov-2008 at 23:13)

I just started to find the game boring. Same old changes each age. Now that the game has changed so much: less races, OMAC, etc. Its to different, it is difficult to get back into it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by advocatus Add advocatus to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Nov-2008 at 00:15)
When I left the game I still liked it, but it was too time consuming for me at that time. I still think about playing even though it's been a couple years.
View Public Profile Find more posts by pudge Add pudge to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Nov-2008 at 00:47)

I got tired of Mehul and Blake being dicks about cheating and I got tired of having to wake up at 4am not to reach the goals we set because of those two.

If all else fails, call someone a troll.
that can be fixed... /
View Public Profile Find more posts by Greeney Add Greeney to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $5.36
(06-Nov-2008 at 01:23)

I was with the same kd for about 10 ages, and then a couple of jerks joined up and took over. The next age, they traded 2 friends in, and I started questioning their decisions openly. Near the end of age (too late to find a new kd and stay with it), the traded another friend in and then the five of them GBed me until there weren't no me left.

After that I couldn't be bothered, since they had soured me on the social part of the game, which was one of the reasons for sticking around, IMO.

No Comment
View Public Profile Find more posts by BrandonC Add BrandonC to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Nov-2008 at 01:28)

It couldn't hold my attention. I've never met a game that could keep me mentally engaged enough for me to play it for more than a few months.

I am the darkness in your life, I am the light
I am the end of your tunnel, I am the beginning of your future
I am the end, your end. I am the path to your salvation.

Your bane, or your hope. You decide.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brightbane Add Brightbane to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Nov-2008 at 01:28)
It felt too restraining, back playing again tho.

If you go away in the weekends, or for a midweek there is not always a computer around. Hard to make your logins etc. If you want to play full, you have to get acces to a computer at almost any time of the day. It's just not suitable for anything that requires a long period of time.

It's just hard to combine with life at times.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Maceman Add Maceman to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Nov-2008 at 02:35)

Others have mentioned what is essentially my reason. It was just too much of a time commitment. I mean, with being in marching band, I'd have to miss quite a few weekends worth of stuff and I hated coming back and see "Oh my goodness, we're in a war. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" and also seeing my province completely destroyed. Other things just took more priority. I enjoy things like fantasy football where I can log in once a week to fix things if I really want to. If I didn't, heck... I might still win anyway. Even if I want to take a day off from mafia here, I often can get away with it, even more likely if I'm only in nights too.

The rule changes didn't help either... ruining my strategy I'd run for a bunch of ages. Ah well.

I miss Runey...
Band is good! Band is great! Band is how I got a date!
War Damn Eagle!
I love Reputation! Love it! Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! Please.
View Public Profile Find more posts by StarOwl Add StarOwl to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Nov-2008 at 02:56)

Yeah same as a lot of people... too time-consuming, and in the end boring. I mean it is a good game, but you can only have so much of the same old game before you get sick of it.

Tax collectors are a valid military target - chobham
View Public Profile Find more posts by Spectre19 Add Spectre19 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 06:38)
I left for utopia between July 2008- end of September 2008. I had extreme family problem that it has caused me to left. My sister has massive stroke in July and I bring my strength back to regain back. It amazing me sometimes.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Rocklee Add Rocklee to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 17:03)

eventually it was more like work, less like a game
View Public Profile Find more posts by WonderBoy9 Add WonderBoy9 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 21:56)

I was having my best round ever, on track to breaking the 5m nw mark, which I had never done. Hell I had only ever just broken the 1m mark, I was in the top 100 provinces in the world for all races...everything was awesome until I started getting waved from Absolom for absolutely no reason. I was SO pissed off, and I have never gone back since. I might do it again, but only if there is some way of preventing large clans from forming like that.
View Public Profile Find more posts by EvilDH Add EvilDH to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(08-Nov-2008 at 23:51)

I just got bored.

But that's not to say it ain't a great game. All things get boring if you play them long enough, and I've spent more hours playing Utopia than probably most of the games I've paid to have on my shelf.

And I've sunk more hours into this forum than in any game I have.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Royal Assassin3 Add Royal Assassin3 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $4.24
(09-Nov-2008 at 00:19)

I've played Utopia for 7 years with maximum 1-2 months break until 6 months ago.

First time I left because almost everyone I knew/met in RL quit + I got bored ( Got to marquis during one of the ages ).
Then I was traded into a very nice kingdom ( that's when I met Greeney I believe ) but I got kicked out when an old monarch returned.
Then I got traded into another SKD and left after a couple of ages because I joined Uni and had no internet access for a couple of weeks ( I reached my personal bests land/nw with this kd ).
Another SKD followed which I left because of some sort of mutiny against the monarch.
Got traded into another that I was kicked out because of not playing 24/7. Sleeping was not an option for that monarch
Finally I played in a very nice kingdom. The monarch had to leave but we kept on doing pretty well until I had to leave when it started to get boring again+phone calls to get up and attack even at 4-5AM+messages to login even if I was somewhere in the mountains.

So I'd say other
View Public Profile Find more posts by RoWizzies Add RoWizzies to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(09-Nov-2008 at 20:17)
Well, I have many reasons, the cheaters, getting hit without someone doing a CB or SoM first(How do they know what to send?), PK for no reason, bottomfeeders, Monarchs that don't have a clue, and now!!!! OMAC doesn't seem to understand how to run the game. I can't even log on to get started. The game is just going the way of ghettos and sick people. I can find better things to do because this one won't fly this age.......
View Public Profile Find more posts by jimbo51 Add jimbo51 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Nov-2008 at 00:35)

I stopped playing in July because of internal conflicts. I've been in 2 kingdoms that is very prone to civil war. Sometimes, we would lose a war to another kingdom and some bastard would take the opportunity to try to make himself king. First, there would be a month or two of forum arguments and if things got bad enough which was usually the case, there was mass defection and if things got really bad, the king would order the destruction of the rebelling provinces or the opposite but it usually ended with the former king defecting if he loses. I started playing recently but I found it hard to adjust to the new rules but I have started reading A Song of Ice and Fire series and I found it to be pretty similar to Utopia so I'll create another account soon.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mori600 Add Mori600 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Nov-2008 at 06:02)

Got bored and had a life.

The One and Only DMW
View Public Profile Find more posts by DeadMenWalking Add DeadMenWalking to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Global Moderator
Donated $41.00
(10-Nov-2008 at 08:05)

I'm with DMW on that one, life came a callin.

BUD LIGHT
145847903/Davevalek/Insanity
I am one of a kind, the only one you'll find. I am me and nothing else...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Valek Add Valek to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(10-Nov-2008 at 10:37)
boring

Games a bore and there r too many psychos
View Public Profile Find more posts by Vinylfool Add Vinylfool to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $3.64
(13-Nov-2008 at 16:50)

bored.... too much math concepts to be any competitive didnt help either. btw mehul, or w/e his name was still around?

Todays letter is brought to you by the letter "3"- Thats how many joints I smoked today.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding
If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.

Nothing to see here....go away!
View Public Profile Find more posts by Karupt Add Karupt to your Buddy List Reply with Quote