Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(10-Aug-2016 at 13:20)
Update to Angel?

A lot of people still use Angel for the building calculator, but doesnt show signs of being updated. In fact, it doesnt work at all if you copy the buildings adviser page. Are there plans to update it so that it continues to be useful? Or are the new science changes the last nail in the coffin?
View Public Profile Find more posts by MaximII Add MaximII to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Administrator
(13-Aug-2016 at 00:33)

sad Re: Update to Angel?

To tell the truth, I'm not sure how many people still use Angel these days. Usually the effort of updating it is bearable, but this age the changes to the science mechanics are too extensive to make it viable.

I guess if there is demand I could release an updated version but without the science formatter and calculator.

Brother Green, Utopia Angel creator.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Brother Green Add Brother Green to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2016 at 04:36)
I for one would REALLY love the building Calculator, if nothing else.

And if you ever feel like Open-Sourcing Angel, I'd love to practice my programming skills (currently teaching myself programming to switch careers, haha) trying to update stuff like Science, too
View Public Profile Find more posts by ArmandoPenblade Add ArmandoPenblade to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(14-Aug-2016 at 05:40)
I know a ton of people still use it for the buildings calculator. So even if you just update that, more than enough people would be happy to make the effort worth it.
View Public Profile Find more posts by MaximII Add MaximII to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Aug-2016 at 16:51)
I would totally want to see an update tot he building calculator. There are 2 new buildings (Laboratories and Universities) that replaced Schools and Libraries. If you rename those 2, building calculator might very well work again. Laboratories give 1.4% more Scientists and Universities protect 5% Scientists from getting abducted. At 100% BE for the first % at least, usual diminishing returns after that.

Science page would be a nice bonus, but tbh, with the new science system, i wouldn't know what kind of calculator you should make either. I suppose you could make one with 3 rows, Novice, Graduate and Professor. (work at 0.5, 0.75 and 1x effect), and show how much of the max % of that science type you have. If you haven't found them yet, i think the max nr of scientists per science type, and the effect per scientists, are posted somewhere. I can find them if needed.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Zachariah Add Zachariah to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Aug-2016 at 16:00)
Re: Update to Angel?

My personal suggestion is to just update the buildings calculator, and if someone wants to program a science calculator, they can do so. I think the buildings calc is the biggest need right now.
Old BFD It's a girl!
(16-Aug-2016 at 21:09)

I totally agree -- the building Calculator is super important - I dont care if you dont update the science part - long as angel works for cb & building.
View Public Profile Find more posts by BFD Add BFD to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Aug-2016 at 23:33)
You should update at least the Buildings Calculator.

Perhaps you could consider open sourcing Angel and get more people working on it other then just you
View Public Profile Find more posts by CHornJr Add CHornJr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Aug-2016 at 09:43)
Building Calculator

Would love the building calculator and maybe the military calculator for my attacker friends. (See im generous too ) Im getting old i can't be trying to do math with formulas and percentages. lol
View Public Profile Find more posts by Maddhatter Add Maddhatter to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Aug-2016 at 16:24)
Keep Angel up

Hey Brother green,

i would love the building calc and the thievery calc for this age.

or if you decide not to continue with angel, would you want to share your thievery formulas ?

/Kilim
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kilim Add Kilim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Old LDP
(30-Aug-2016 at 17:02)
Building calculator (and the clipboard) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for keeping Angel updated all this time Brother Green.
View Public Profile Find more posts by LDP Add LDP to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(30-Aug-2016 at 19:05)
+1 on the buildings calculator.

And ty for Angel, Brother Green...so far this is the first age that I can recall not using it...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kaer Phenom Add Kaer Phenom to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(01-Sep-2016 at 14:27)
please update

Hi Brother Green,

Been using this tool for more than 10 years now, both for Utopia and day to day tasks (clipboard is the greatest).

If you can gather the time to update the simplest mechanics to it we would all have a lot help from it.

Thank you.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Anaconda Add Anaconda to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(02-Sep-2016 at 21:20)
little update

I feel like an addict whose drug has been cut off.

I have relied on the building calculator since it first came out an eon ago.

There is truly nothing that replaces its usefulness that I have found.

-----------
Even if you don't update it, I want to give you my heartfelt thanks for making my Utopia playing so much better.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lord Gray Add Lord Gray to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Sep-2016 at 00:24)
Update to Buildings calculator

I logged in this morning to find that Angel has expired with no updated version to take her place.

It seems that the big demand is for the building calculator and the notepad including kd and prov formatting, though I still use the military calculator as well. Is it possible to have these continued? I think we can all live without science, but me with a pen and paper when trying to get ready for work in the morning isn't going to be a good thing.
View Public Profile Find more posts by mswift Add mswift to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(03-Sep-2016 at 10:15)
Last visit February 4th, 2002. Wow!

Anyways, just chipping in my request for an update as well.
Buildings calculator, KD/Province formatter, Military Calculator ++ is still appreciated!

Should the Science calculator be updated at some point, it would also be greatly appreciated!

Lastly, I'll also like to say thanks for providing the game with such a great tool for such a long time.
Building & Running Kingdoms, Training new players, keeping track of intel would never have been the same without Utopia Angel!
Thank you!
View Public Profile Find more posts by driz Add driz to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(06-Sep-2016 at 10:23)
I'd like to see Angel working again. I'd be delighted if I could get the Throne Page formatter (I use the thievery advisor) and the building calculator...the clipboard was also something I used regularly and miss badly....

The bottom line is, of course, a thank-you for all the years you've supported this game...
View Public Profile Find more posts by Mellian Add Mellian to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(07-Sep-2016 at 19:20)
I miss Angel! I've used it for maybe 14 years now. Longest running uto tool as far as I know! Yeah there's a lot of bots that do a bunch automatically now but Angel has still been irreplaceable for me. Like everyone says, the building calc is super awesome, I also use the military calc for some things too, even as a Faery lol.

You mentioned the science page being all new so it wouldn't be viable for an update but the calculations for it are way more simple than the previous setup. It's just a simple table of base value * scientists * whatever rating each one is (1 or 1.5 or 2) in each category * race or pers bonus... the guide page with the science formulas explains it super well. I would be happy to write the formula for you but it's so simple for someone as yourself with the experience you have haha. I guess you can call this a pep talk encouraging you to carry on such a great thing which you've created and generated a lovingly needy fanbase for lol.

Anyway, I really appreciate all the great work you've done over the years and would be sad to see it end. Thank you Brother Green!
View Public Profile Find more posts by marc5000 Add marc5000 to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Sep-2016 at 07:21)
what ever the choice

i think everyone whom have played utopia and still play utopia greatly appreciate what you have done. as a developer my self i properly appreciate it more as i know the hard work that went in to it.

so i hope your choice will be to ditch the science calc and keep a great tool.

if that you choose not to, then i would love if we could make Utopia Temple a Github project so that me and other utopia fanatics can collaborate on keeping all your great work alive.

would love to talk more about that if you want to.

Cheers for supplying Utopia temple for all these year.

/Kilim
View Public Profile Find more posts by Kilim Add Kilim to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Sep-2016 at 06:41)

sunglasses

Hey Brother Green. Its been a long time since i logged onto here because the site hasnt been very active, but i love Utopia Angel broham. I still use it, and so does my KD. Sadly, most of them cant post in here because you seem to not be accepting new accounts :/ It would be very cool if you could update it, i understand the science is a little much now (especially for someone that doesnt play anymore) but we would appreciate it if you could do the other stuff Please sir

Formerly the player known as King Arthur of Camelot in 2005 and before. Aka Bloodgultch from even further back. Its a long story msg me for it if you want. But i am back. RALLy TO SAVE THE TEMPLE!!!
"We will NOT go quietly into the night, we will NOT vanish without a fight!"
View Public Profile Find more posts by herbsaregood Add herbsaregood to your Buddy List Reply with Quote