Utopia Temple
Main Forum Page Register an Account for Free! Calendar Frequently Asked Questions about this Board View New Posts Advanced Search Login
  Utopia Temple Forums > Utopia Angel > Report Bugs and Problems

Post New Thread Reply
Author Thread
(11-Jan-2004 at 17:56)

Schools effectiveness in military calculator wrong,

In the military calculator, defenders penal, schools don't work correctly. With maximum schools, euphoric, they only increase the maximum science from 10% to 10.7% (12.5% to 13.4% for Humans and 7.5% to 8% for undead). The effect is lower at lower happiness levels. Seems like schools have a maximum of 6% instead of 60%.

Yes, I updated to the latest version (1.53a5)

Signature suspended by Aerath for violating the forum's rules.
No images and certainly not this big.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sylvellior Add Sylvellior to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2004 at 04:44)
exclamation mark mil calc shows wrong % for humans

I have noticed when looking at my province in the defence slot on the military claculator the max war science can only go to 13% !! as a human I get a larger science maximun and I usualy keep a 16% scince and 40% schools. I also have to enter these manually because they do not imput correctly when I copy the pages. this is on the genesis server.

WaldoJr
View Public Profile Find more posts by akawaldojr Add akawaldojr to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2004 at 06:06)
I also have the same problem. I have 11% war sci with 10% schools on Gen. Yet it only gives me 10.4% war sci. This problem ONLY exists for defense. Offense is fine.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tonteria Add Tonteria to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(12-Jan-2004 at 08:48)
Yeah, I'm getting the same problem on the Genesis server. I've got 35% schools, and on my science page it says I have 18% science for military, yet angel will only allow my maximum to be 13%. No problem though, if everyone thinks I only have 13% when attacking me when I really have 18%, it may help
View Public Profile Find more posts by Martini Add Martini to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
Donated $12.00
(12-Jan-2004 at 17:24)
I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem, but as Sylvellior said, maybe it can work to our advantage.
View Public Profile Find more posts by jwalls Add jwalls to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2004 at 12:06)

Same problem, seems to cap at 10.6% for non human/undead, even with 48% schools

. `.(*.(`. .).*).`
*.. *~*Lady Heart*~*..*`
*.. *~*Loves to Huggle*~*..*`
`.(.(.* *.)`.).`
View Public Profile Find more posts by Lady Heart Add Lady Heart to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(13-Jan-2004 at 20:49)

same problem, i am human in genesis with 17.8% sci and it only let me to put 13.3% at defending
View Public Profile Find more posts by Labordeta Add Labordeta to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(15-Jan-2004 at 02:39)
Yeah, I've seen this problem also, when using it for WoL/BF. I can give myself whatever offense % I want, but when I try to calculate my defense, I can't get over 10.7%.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Hood Add Hood to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(16-Jan-2004 at 16:15)
Same here, please fix this!!!

Once I also talked to someone over icq and we sent each other our CB and he told me he had 12% war sci and I said that couldnt be because I couldnt enter more than 10.5%. But then I changed the school value to ridculously high value and max was 10.8% which cant be either.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Donandre Add Donandre to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(17-Jan-2004 at 20:24)
Military Calculator, Max Science low

(version 153a5)
Military calculator (checking self defense) shows max war science with max schools to be 10.7. I have 12.2
Switching panels drops the number.
Even after copying buildings page, Military Calculator is unwilling to remember actual school percent and seems to pick a random number to fill that space.
View Public Profile Find more posts by Just4You Add Just4You to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 17:43)

Angel bug?

why I cannot raise the war sci for defending prov more than 13.1 for happy humans (this is just an example...for dwarves is 10.5, etc)...but when I'll switch the pannels, I can raise it with no problems! maybe is the way should be? but afaik, it is not...and I'm lazy doin' some searches..so, anyone?

I'm not responsible for this...For any inconvenience, call 911
View Public Profile Find more posts by danutzboy Add danutzboy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 17:45)

Re: Angel bug?

Quote:
(Originally posted by danutzboy)

why I cannot raise the war sci for defending prov more than 13.1 for happy humans (this is just an example...for dwarves is 10.5, etc)...but when I'll switch the pannels, I can raise it with no problems! maybe is the way should be? but afaik, it is not...and I'm lazy doin' some searches..so, anyone?
I guess you are too lazy to spell correctly as well
Icoulsn't make up anything out of that story
View Public Profile Find more posts by Fatality Add Fatality to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as LOTFlies)
(21-Jan-2004 at 17:46)
My guess is it assumes the opponent has max schools?

<3 OoZ
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ruey Add Ruey to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 17:52)

There is no schools in attacker panel, so it is assuming max schools (you don't need to know your schools to check your own sci ^^).
View Public Profile Find more posts by Tobleronex Add Tobleronex to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 17:53)

Quote:
(Originally posted by Fatality)

I guess you are too lazy to spell correctly as well
Icoulsn't make up anything out of that story
what do you mean by correctly dude??? like this?

1. Open Military Calculator from Angel (right click on the little blue icon in the system tray and pick Military Calculator from there)
2. switch pannels to get your prov in the right pannel (the target one)
3. go to "% Schools" field and fill it with the value 48
4. now go to "% War Sci" field and try to max it...while a Hummie/Happy/48% schools/Max War sci can get to 20% war sci, in that field you cannot input more than 13.3
5. now, switch pannels and try to input 20% war sci...VOILA...

so, my question is: IS THIS A BUG FROM ANGEL?????

I hope I made myself clear LOL

View Public Profile Find more posts by danutzboy Add danutzboy to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(Posted as LOTFlies)
(21-Jan-2004 at 17:59)
Quote:
(Originally posted by danutzboy)

what do you mean by correctly dude??? like this?

1. Open Military Calculator from Angel (right click on the little blue icon in the system tray and pick Military Calculator from there)
2. switch pannels to get your prov in the right pannel (the target one)
3. go to "% Schools" field and fill it with the value 48
4. now go to "% War Sci" field and try to max it...while a Hummie/Happy/48% schools/Max War sci can get to 20% war sci, in that field you cannot input more than 13.3
5. now, switch pannels and try to input 20% war sci...VOILA...

so, my question is: IS THIS A BUG FROM ANGEL?????

I hope I made myself clear LOL
You have NOT made yourself clear. Get the newest version of angel because it works for me on both sides. 20% for each. Get to know the program dude. Check out what YOU did wrong.

<3 OoZ
View Public Profile Find more posts by Ruey Add Ruey to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 18:03)
careless

I had something like that also,

I have 15% schools, and now i got 10,3% war science, which isnt even at its max!!

But utopia Angel's military calculator said 10,2 % was teh max...... :S
View Public Profile Find more posts by Sir Keith Add Sir Keith to your Buddy List Reply with Quote
(21-Jan-2004 at 18:04)

LOTFlies-->yeah? I'm just curious, wht's your Angel's ver man? cos I REALLY have the lates one! and I'm not doin' anything wrong...lol

Last edited by danutzboy, 21-Jan-2004 at 18:04.
(Posted as LOTFlies)
(21-Jan-2004 at 18:05)
i have 1.53 Alpha 5 and if you set the race to human it goes to 20 fine unless you screwed something up like the happiness or the efficiency. without any changes to anything i just changed my cb race to human and i could put 20

<3 OoZ
(21-Jan-2004 at 18:16)

uhm...eh, then it must be something wrong from my system...I can't make it...I have the same ver of Angel and still...and another KD mate of mine has the same problem! btw, I run Win XP Prof...it can influence??? ehm, I don't think so...